• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3D HeroQuest board

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: 3D HeroQuest board

Postby chaoticprime » December 12th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Sandman0077 wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:Image

Exactly. Did you solve the door issue with your build?

Sort of. I stopped making them.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sandman0077 » December 12th, 2013, 10:15 pm

And those are 1" wide? I'm thinking of casting the doors in resin so I can have really thin sides and have a 3/4" wide opening. That or just go with the 2" wide hirst doors and say screw it.
"The World is not beautiful, and that, in a way, lends it some beauty; Therefore it is."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Sandman0077

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » December 12th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Sandman, isn't the Hearst door 1 inch inside two half inch columns with an arch? I'm using them on the original board right now (gimme a minit to take a pic) with plans to go modular (no walls (well maybe cardboard ones someday))
Is your problem incorporating them with the walls? Might I suggest putting blocks beside the columns to make them 1 inch, total of 3 inches?
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sandman0077 » December 12th, 2013, 10:37 pm

sajungzak wrote:Sandman, isn't the Hearst door 1 inch inside two half inch columns with an arch? I'm using them on the original board right now (gimme a minit to take a pic) with plans to go modular (no walls (well maybe cardboard ones someday))
Is your problem incorporating them with the walls? Might I suggest putting blocks beside the columns to make them 1 inch, total of 3 inches?

With the original doors, they were centered in front of a single tile. With the Hirst doors, they are 2 tiles wide, meaning that the door opening is in between two floor tiles. So I either need to 1. Make a 3" wall section with the door centered or 2. Find a 1" total width door.

The problem with the 3" section is that the doors won't be aligned correctly with the original quest map locations.
"The World is not beautiful, and that, in a way, lends it some beauty; Therefore it is."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Sandman0077

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » December 12th, 2013, 10:56 pm

You can make gaps between the walls that are 1" door-sized, and then fit the 1" hirst door without the frame, to slide in and out.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby sajungzak » December 12th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Sandman0077 wrote:
sajungzak wrote:Sandman, isn't the Hearst door 1 inch inside two half inch columns with an arch? I'm using them on the original board right now (gimme a minit to take a pic) with plans to go modular (no walls (well maybe cardboard ones someday))

With the original doors, they were centered in front of a single tile. With the Hirst doors, they are 2 tiles wide, meaning that the door opening is in between two floor tiles. So I either need to 1. Make a 3" wall section with the door centered or 2. Find a 1" total width door.

The problem with the 3" section is that the doors won't be aligned correctly with the original quest map locations.

This is how I do it.

As you can see, there can be only one space between doors. But I can't think of any quest that had doors side by side... hmm

CP's idea would work. just sand the inside edges down to leave room for a little paint. Mine were really tight.
I got extra doors, sans arches if anyone is interested.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sandman0077 » December 13th, 2013, 1:03 am

Here is the problem:

Here is my potential solution:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Sandman0077

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » December 13th, 2013, 1:13 am

Makes sense, your dungeon is looking really good already ;) I especially like the walls :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » December 13th, 2013, 1:50 am

I simply bought Sandoz's doors from Zealot minis.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sandman0077 » December 13th, 2013, 1:58 am

Sjeng wrote:I simply bought Sandoz's doors from Zealot minis.

You may have just saved me a lot of trouble. Thank you.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Sandman0077

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge