• Advertisement

Custom card printing

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: Custom card printing

Postby mukami » Friday February 14th, 2014 11:45am

1st. Sorry for necro'ing the thread.
2nd. Sorry for partially hijacking the thread.

I've decided to try and go this route to get a full set of cards, but I can't seem to find any of the images.
I've found a collection of .pdf's and have downloaded all of them. (A big thank you to everyone that made them)
I can't seem to extract any of the images from them. Any help would be appreciated.

ps. those cards look great.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby chaoticprime » Friday February 14th, 2014 12:04pm

Grab a program called Foxit Phantom PDF--its free. Open each .PDF and Print them as a different .PDF. Open those .PDF files in Photoshop. Remove all white area from each card sheet, and then create a New File at 300 dpi that is 2.49"x 3.74"--the size of the Printer Studio Bridge-sized deck. Use Guides or Grid lines to copy off each card face, pasting them in turn over the New File at the exact center. Tidy up the background, if necessary, and Save As each card individually. Total time necessary: 2 hours. If I had any uppers left I'd do it myself.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » Friday February 14th, 2014 12:16pm

I do have these made up (the image is one in a gallery)--they're Printerstudio Bridge Template-fit Monster Cards. The thing is, they're fit with my redaction stuff which edited them on various things like the changing of anachronisms to the 12-15th centuries (such as Zombie).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mukami » Friday February 14th, 2014 1:24pm

I tried everything in the post above, but everything I load is Low resolution. I've never used photoshop before and don't own a copy of it, so I tried GIMP. The image properties say they are 300dpi, but aren't when uploaded to printerstudio. I think I've figured it out.

ps. should I make a new thread?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby danicastrong » Thursday March 27th, 2014 9:17am

PrintSage.com offers a comprehensive solution for your custom printing needs. We offer full color printing at discounted rates. We offer free design as well as free shipping for all your printing orders...
danicastrong

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Postby Infje » Sunday May 18th, 2014 10:51am

If someone fixed the images that don't match why not upload it here? Print ready and all.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bob77 » Saturday August 17th, 2019 5:09pm

Wow. I can't wait til I have time and money to try this!
Bob77

Goblin
Goblin

Previous

Return to Project Forge