• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Custom card printing

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Custom card printing

Postby MrBigB » Friday November 8th, 2013 2:48am

While trying to find a way to print HQ cards that would survive the abuse my son tends to dish out, http://printerstudio.com/ was suggested to me by my brother-in-law. The design/ordering process was about as painless as possible given the number of cards I was ordering (90). I just uploaded the card images hosted here (seriously you guys rock) onto the "bridge" sized cards as poker sized we're too short. One note: the art for the backs aren't a 100% perfect match and, as you can see below, there is a sliver of white on the borders, but that was my own damn fault for not catching it before I placed the order :?

I received my set of cards today (not bad, took about a week to arrive) and am super impressed with the quality of the product. The cards feel like a high quality set of retail playing cards, and the art/text turned out super crisp.

Best of all, I got the whole set of 90 cards (I doubled up of the treasure cards) with 2 plastic cases for just under $20.

I will definitely be ordering from them again when it comes time to make the expansion packs!

*edit: fixed broken links
Last edited by MrBigB on Friday November 8th, 2013 10:37am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey guys, I'm having a really good time."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Custom card printing

Postby IvenBach » Friday November 8th, 2013 3:54am

Great find. What was the option you chose? Something like this along with the ease of having it all done will surely come in handy. I could see some black lotus' coming to me from this company for some casual MTG we occasionally still play.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby MrBigB » Friday November 8th, 2013 4:12am

IvenBach wrote:Great find. What was the option you chose? Something like this along with the ease of having it all done will surely come in handy. I could see some black lotus' coming to me from this company for some casual MTG we occasionally still play.

the "Bridge Size Custom Cards (Blank Cards)"
http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/bridge-size-custom-cards-blank-cards.html

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Count Mohawk » Friday November 8th, 2013 10:01am

I would love to see and comment on these, but the images are broken. Can you fix that please?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby MrBigB » Friday November 8th, 2013 10:38am

Oops! Should be fixed now :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » Friday November 8th, 2013 10:43am

These are beautiful cards and well worth their money. Must look for a similar service in Germany.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » Friday November 8th, 2013 11:26am

I may try this. Get all the cards I want made. I make decent cards, but they take too damn long. I spent a damn month on what I posted elsewhere.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » Friday November 8th, 2013 1:59pm

Wow. Those look awesome. I have a reasonably good printer at home, but home-printing is never as nice and neat as having it done professionally. Unfortunately, I'm super cheap and would balk at the $7.99 pricetag if I was looking to make some more cards, with perhaps one notable exception...

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » Friday November 8th, 2013 4:11pm

Count Mohawk wrote:Wow. Those look awesome. I have a reasonably good printer at home, but home-printing is never as nice and neat as having it done professionally. Unfortunately, I'm super cheap and would balk at the $7.99 pricetag if I was looking to make some more cards, with perhaps one notable exception...

Your printer doesn't print on linen.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » Friday November 8th, 2013 5:44pm

chaoticprime wrote:
Count Mohawk wrote:Wow. Those look awesome. I have a reasonably good printer at home, but home-printing is never as nice and neat as having it done professionally. Unfortunately, I'm super cheap and would balk at the $7.99 pricetag if I was looking to make some more cards, with perhaps one notable exception...

Your printer doesn't print on linen.

Touche. |_P

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Project Forge