• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ Quest Maker

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: HQ Quest Maker

Postby Sjeng » July 27th, 2013, 2:51 am

heh, interesting quest. Though I would ask you to create a new topic for quests or quest packs, with an appropriate title (see the quests forum). Thanks!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Schmidt » July 27th, 2013, 3:50 am

Ok, will move it. I posted it here to ask the questions, so that OP could see what I mean.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » July 27th, 2013, 7:44 am

Schmidt1971 wrote:2 questions:
  • Is it possible to have bold text for spells? (I think I saw it in an "original" quest)
  • Why is the wandering monster icon misplaced? It should be "WMitQ: icon monstername"

About the Bold text option is difficult to put it on because the drawing text functions of windows does not help. The length of text is getting bigger for some pixels and the width of line can pass the limits with strange results. This is the reason why sometimes it crashes, and you should save your work before every redraw. I am afraid I won’t try to debug it for now, even that a new version is already finished with better resolution for more quality printing.

But I’ve follow the original layout. There are nowhere Bold texts in the Notes section on the original booklets. And also the monster icon is always at the left of the WMitQ label. Check this out.

Now I am working on an eDeck program where you can create your own cards by using HQ Card Maker, and by putting them in a folder you can have a custom deck of treasure cards in your pc, with some basic functions as “draw card”, “shuffle”, “remove card and shuffle”, “Load” and “Save” state. In the future I want to make it for cell phones too.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Schmidt » July 27th, 2013, 11:09 am

I tried [b][/b], but I think it chrashed. How about italic then?

And about the icon, you are right :oops: .That will teach me not to blindly trust the Internet

Rewards:
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » July 27th, 2013, 4:55 pm

No text formatting is possible, even italic, and the reason is the same. Even with no formatting and it have crushes on the text functions of windows (something with the fonts works wrong, because with Arial fonts all works fine, but I am afraid I don’t have the time to fix it).

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby jeffmoore » September 19th, 2013, 6:45 pm

The link for HQ Quest Maker leads to a 0.0MB file. I would really love to download and use this tool. Has it been moved?

Thanks!

Jeff
jeffmoore

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Patroclus » September 20th, 2013, 5:16 pm

jeffmoore wrote:The link for HQ Quest Maker leads to a 0.0MB file. I would really love to download and use this tool. Has it been moved?

Thanks!

Jeff

I have update the link

Just remember to do saves because it crushes sometimes.

Rewards:
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby jeffmoore » September 20th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Jeff
jeffmoore

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby JasonMCM » January 17th, 2014, 4:51 am

Just made my first quest using this and it worked like a charm. Never even crashed once. You won't be seeing the quest any time soon though as I am hoping to use it in a play by post first. :D
Very awesome program!

-JasonMCM
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 29th, 2014, 9:22 pm

I finally installed the all-in-one icon pack for Heroscribe, and I'm ready to make some Quests!

Patroclus, do you by any chance have an updated link for HQ Quest Maker?

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge