• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Frozen Anderas Horror Yeti Wonderland

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Frozen Anderas Horror Yeti Wonderland

Postby Anderas » March 18th, 2020, 8:22 am

Kitch, Thor-in, are you still with us?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kitch1982 » March 18th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Sorry been a bit manic here.

Yes I'm still in... I will buy a heroic brew and hire a helberdier.

Then I'm good to go.
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » March 19th, 2020, 8:53 am

Yes, I'm still here also.

My department has shut down because of this, it's only my boss and myself working until further notice.

I need look and see if I want anything.

Edit:

I'll take the Bracers for 200gp
I'll also take the Rejuvenation Salve for 140gp
That should be 340gp out of my 403gp

Then I'm ready to go.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 20th, 2020, 2:27 am

The bracers are for the wizard only

Do you still want to buy them?

If you don't buy the potion, you could sell your leather armor and buy a chainmail

I prepare the first turn - you may still decide during your first turn

Night and a Fire
Tales speak of Thantos, a powerful Minotaur against which none could prevail and no weapon might harm. Yet, a cunning magician managed to trap the terror within a magical labyrinth, attracting it's wrath and costing him his life. Loretome has revealed that Chaos Dwarfs possess not only the mage's red mantle, but also powder capable of destroying the bridge the beast may use to escape. Sneak into the Chaos Dwarve's fortress, steal all these items, and get out without alerting the sentries!

This is a very unusual quest: You will have to sneak. In my playtests, when the heroes were discovered early, it was difficult to survive. When they managed to go undiscovered long enough, it was doable. For that they had to sneak up to some sentries and successfully kill them in the same turn. :-)

Ok, rules for this quest. I put them on the game table, too, so that we can look them up.

Doors: All doors are open and placed on the board. Other room contents are revealed only when the heroes are entering the room or standing at the door.

Night: It is pitch black night: Line of sight for discovery, shooting, magic and everything else is 3 squares.

Sentry tokens Morcar starts with an Alert Value of 3. For each sentry, Morcar rolls one red die at the beginning of his turn. If he rolls equal or less than his alert value, he may move the sentry; else the heroes may move the sentry. Each sentry can move 3 squares.
If Heroes and a sentry have a line of sight (3 squares), replace it immediately with one Chaos Dwarf and two Beastmen. The Monsters are always controlled by Morcar, even if the sentry token was controlled by the heroes.

Raising Alert: If there are active monsters at the beginning of Morcar‘s turn, raise the alert vlaue by one. Undiscovered sentry tokens don‘t count as monsters. Also, for each sentry becoming monsters during Morcar's turn, raise the alert value by one more.

Unconscious monsters: If a monster is under the influence of Tempest or Sleep or otherwise unconscious; it does not raise the alarm in Morcar's turn.

This is my alert value.
ImageImageImage

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Krevett » March 20th, 2020, 4:41 am

One chaos dwarf and two beastmen for each sentry...we'd better not be caught by them...
Krevett

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Anderas » March 20th, 2020, 5:12 am

Key point is, if you uncover them and kill them quick, no alert.
If they uncover you, alert.
If they are not killed quickly, alert.

Not sure if I placed you right. You should start outside the door right?

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » March 20th, 2020, 11:35 am

Very very interesting quest.
Let's go in a room, i'm not sure if we'll meet extra monsters as room contents. I hope not.
I'll take last my turn.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Krevett » March 20th, 2020, 2:35 pm

I'll start the hostilities then.

Move
Krevett rolled 2 6-sided dice:
3, 3

Move me in the room south of the henchman just by the door and search for hidden traps and doors.
Krevett

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Anderas » March 20th, 2020, 3:22 pm

There is no trap or secret door as far as you can see

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 21st, 2020, 6:36 am

ImageImageImage

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room