• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Beard

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Beard

Postby Gold Bearer » February 11th, 2016, 3:49 am

Anderas wrote:What spells does he use?
Dependent on that, we have to talk about the one handed sword thing. :)
Amethyst spells. :) http://www.mediafire.com/download/jesok ... _Magic.zip Remember the power 1 spells are the only ones I can freely cast, 50% chance for power 2 spells and a one in six chance for the Purple Sun of Xereus (the only power 3 spell in the Amethyst set), and I only get four spells instead of the standard six for a 5BP/5MP hero.

Sotiris wrote:Gold Bearer, i sent you a PM with the numbers.
|_P I'll send you a PM telling you which ones I want to swap (if any) for random replacements.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » February 11th, 2016, 4:16 am

Sotiris, no Problem. High BP but a healing spell less... in total you actually have less BP in the group.

Goldbearer, no random spells.
Or if it is absolutely necessary that they are random random then decide or dice for them before the quest and tell me exactly which ones you use.
I guess that is what you wanted from Sotiris? However, whatever you take into the quest I want to know it before I make the quest. In fact, I want to know even before I accept your starting equipment.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » February 11th, 2016, 4:46 am

Why? I knew you were going to do this. You shouldn't be tailoring a quest based on the specific spells the heroes have anyway, and it certainly shouldn't have any effect on what other rules he has. It doesn't make any kind of sense, all the spells come from the same set of ten and he gets four of them, that's the hero, not a whole family of heroes with one for every possible combination of spells. You are such a control freak! You seem to want everything to be completely scripted with no room at all for anything unexpected on either side.

Hidden spells are a huge part of whet makes some of my heroes. I'd really rather not play an edited/diluted version of one of my heroes. Please, just let me use him the way he was intended.

Shall we scrap dice rolling and give everyone a set number of skulls and shields to attack and defend with so it's more controllable? :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » February 11th, 2016, 8:15 am

I said three postings away that I don't want to discuss that here and sent you a 2500 word PN to give you the why in all its detail. If you want to discuss, do it there please.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » February 12th, 2016, 4:40 am

Rumseeker sells a Broadsword and buys a Shield.
I also give a Helmet and 1 Dagger to the Ogre.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 13th, 2016, 2:30 am

Ok, so chris the vile Ogre has a helmet and 5 Daggers now. :D

Gold Bearer said he didn't want to participate, so each of you could play two heroes if you like.

Grimson the dwarf
Mortis & Biggles

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 13th, 2016, 8:30 am

Good grief.

Think there's anyone in the other games that would wan to join?

If not, ill take an Elf with the water spells.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » February 13th, 2016, 8:41 am

So, i play the Dwarf and the Pirate.
clmckay plays the Ogre and the Elf.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 16th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Ok, here we are.

The Gnoblar was putting you out on the street when you were asking for the Grinsson's Brother.

What do you want to do:

2a: Interrogate the Gnoblar? In fact you have heard he has left the village to go and see after his mining enterprise. You would follow him into the mountains to do that.
2b: Or you stay here to use his absence and search his house for hints leading to Grimli "the Beard"?

Later the evening i will update the Hero Sheet to show the newest stats. If you have any special wish for the Elf's and the Ogre's Symbol, don't hesitate.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 16th, 2016, 8:07 pm

No special symbols needed.

Sotiris, thoughts? Maybe search first (is that a quest or a narrative search)?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room