• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Reworked Core Quests

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Reworked Core Quests

Postby Sotiris » January 27th, 2014, 7:21 am

No, it's not complicated. I agree, not higher damage than his attack dice. Let's keep that restriction so no "defense potion" or "rock skin" will be able to OP this hero.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby JasonMCM » January 28th, 2014, 3:20 am

So let us see...

Sotiris playing the Knight (a :barbarian: replacement)
MikeMacdee playing the Dwarf
Insert player here playing the elf
El_Flesh playing the Necromancer (a :wizard: replacement) (hopefully, we haven't heard from him in a couple of days pertaining to the exacts of said necromancer.)

Just one more to go!
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby gootchute » January 29th, 2014, 7:47 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and sign up for the Elf slot, and since everyone is using alternates.. I will check around and see if i can find a single spell set hybrid I like... Update pending!

Sotiris wrote:No, it's not complicated. I agree, not higher damage than his attack dice. Let's keep that restriction so no "defense potion" or "rock skin" will be able to OP this hero.

I would go further and limit this to one point of damage max... but seeing as how I plan on being on the Hero side, I'll approve of a powered-up barbarian! :barbarian:
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » January 30th, 2014, 10:05 am

We will play a this quest at the knight's current incarnation. But if Sir Knight is to overpowered then we may consider your suggestion as a viable solution.

I just remembered 1 House rule that I forgot to mention. Unique enemies (Named monsters with a stat block in the quest or their own personal monster card) defend with white shields. It is not a big change, but if makes the big baddies last a little longer.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gootchute » January 30th, 2014, 2:11 pm

The next time I get a group together for HQ I will make all monsters defend on whites and use black shields for abilities like poison, stun etc...

I did not find any heroes similar enough to the Elf I liked (most fan made heroes I feel are either overpowered or break from the less is more rules mentality). I have had a few character concepts on the back burner, I'd like to playtest for fairness. Would this be acceptable for you?
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » January 30th, 2014, 4:28 pm

gootchute wrote: I have had a few character concepts on the back burner, I'd like to playtest for fairness. Would this be acceptable for you?

Post the one you would like to try, and unless you created a hero card for Superman then I'll probably say sure thing. :D
Not that I have a thing against Superman, I just don't think he would be 'balanced' in comparison the the maps I have made. I'm going to PM El_Flesh to see if he is still interested as if he is we could be starting soon.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gootchute » January 30th, 2014, 11:11 pm

I don't want to clutter up this area too much, I posted My Norse Shaman character here: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2251

If you deem the Cast Runes unplayable in Play-By-Forum-Post switch it out for Future Sight from Wizards of Morcar.
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » January 31st, 2014, 1:24 am

Looks awesome! I think that the play by post format will work just fine with cast runes.
I really like these spells and look forward to seeing their use in our play by post game.
We are using the NA rules, so there is no Hand Axe... but if you promise not to throw it I'll let it in. :D

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » January 31st, 2014, 3:58 am

Runes will work perfectly, nice skill!
El-flesh, could you show us your necromancer and his skills please?
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » January 31st, 2014, 4:51 am

I worked up a first draft of a necromancer and posted it herehttp://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=706&p=35195#p35195.
Let me know what you guys think. (I have also PMed El_Flesh to see if he is still interested.)

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room