• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Manse Macabre (concluded)

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Manse Macabre (in progress)

Postby The Road Warrior » January 5th, 2014, 7:46 pm

:lol:

Caranthir checks the room for traps and secret doors before moving onto the switch in the door way.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mikemacdee » January 5th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Caranthir, turn 53:
Finding no unpleasantness in the torture chamber besides the floor switch in the doorway, Caranthir moves to save his friends!

CLICK grindgrindgrind

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game.
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » January 6th, 2014, 2:05 am

I just had an idea! What if Caranthir moves onto the X as well, will the skeleton be crushed by our three combined bulky bodies? :D Then the dwarf can release us again lol.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » January 6th, 2014, 2:49 am

Sure, but the monsters cushioned you last time, Wizard; crushing the skeleton with your body would cost you two white dice, 1 BP per :skull:.

Also you'd have to be absolutely certain the dwarf feels obliged to let you guys out afterward. 'Cos if he opted to keep the reward for himself, who am I, as the evil scheming Zargon, to argue?

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » January 6th, 2014, 3:44 am

Errrr, better not then... I'll take my chances defending from the skeleton.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » January 6th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Then it's all down to the troll slayer. What oh what will he do?

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » January 10th, 2014, 12:13 am

What to do...what to do? On the one hand, wrecking a Skeleton with a Wizard's body is a novel approach that would doubtless attract raised mugs at the tavern. On the other hand, Kili would have to trust an Elf, so maybe just search for treasure. Kili does like gold, after all.

Kili will first search for treasure and then move to trigger the wall at the other plate--if he has enough movement. Let chance decide if he can satisfy both of his desires. That Skeleton is gonna get :skull: :skull: to attack Eddy anyway.

Daedalus rolled 2 6-sided dice:
1, 4
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 10th, 2014, 1:57 am

DUDE! I GET DO DEFEND AGAINST THE SKELETON, NOT THE CRUSHING!!

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mikemacdee » January 10th, 2014, 4:52 am

Kili, turn 53:
Searching the torture chamber, Kili finds a platinum ring lost between the rack and the wall -- it is a Ring of Mist, which can cast the Veil of Mist spell on the wearer! The ring is worth 1 charge per Quest.

Sadly he is too slow to make it to the switch before the skeleton makes its move...

Zargon, turn 53:

Skeleton attacks Eddy!
mikemacdee rolled 2 6-sided dice:
6, 5

Zargon curses his bones!

End of turn. Round 54 (final round?) commences!

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » January 10th, 2014, 8:01 am

Sadly, he says... :\

Well, you missed, boohoo! I attack.

Sjeng rolled 1 6-sided dice:

Then I move away to let Hurgar kill it should I miss.

Sjeng rolled 2 6-sided dice:
6, 4

I stop at the north west sqaure next to Kili. Sorry for locking you in Hurgar, I would have stepped on the other X too, but the Elf is there already. Does this mean he's keeping the door open by the way?

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room