• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

The Manse Macabre (concluded)

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Manse Macabre (in progress)

Postby mikemacdee » Thursday November 28th, 2013 8:00pm

(Eddy: He's not in your line of sight on your turn. You'd have to move into the hall and toss it to him.)

Kili, turn 50:
Kili successfully leaps over both traps, though he didn't need to bother with the second pit as Caranthir was there to help him across. Around the corner he finds...

...a door. Searching the corridor he finds no traps.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game.
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » Friday November 29th, 2013 8:06am

Wait, I have the cape? I thought Kili had it. And my post was meant for him to toss it to me :P but it can read both ways I now realize.

xD

Okay, can I use it to jump the pits?

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Friday November 29th, 2013 6:47pm

I can see why Mike wants the cape posted in a sig. I remember giving the cape to Caranthir earlier. He never put it on.

Daedalus wrote:I'm with the big guy--all that zapping through doors appears to have fired his head in a good way. We should destroy "Flowertime" first. Kili passes the robe to Caranthir first, then he heads towards the southeast wing.

mikemacdee wrote:Kili, turn 43:
Kili admires the antechamber.

Caranthir now has the Cape of Fleet-Foot.

If you pause before the first pit, Caranthir can pass it to you on his turn.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » Saturday November 30th, 2013 2:04am

Ah yes, Caranthir has it.

Idea: post your character name and inventory in your sig for the time being (some of you already have), and boldface anything you have equipped. Would that work for everyone?

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » Saturday November 30th, 2013 4:21am

A red velvet Cape of Fleet-Foot, which takes effect when worn like armor. When the wearer springs a pit trap, he rolls 1 red die for each of his mind points: if he rolls a 6, he levitates over the pit and may continue moving. If the wearer takes damage from an enemy attack, however, the cape is ruined.

Hmm, seems like it doesn't help with jumping over a pit at all, does it? And seeing as I need to jump over 2 pits, and back again, that's 4 possible BP's of damage. If I drink my potion now, I'm back at 4 BP, so that would not be enough lol.
Unless the cape actually helps, I'll just wait here...
I will take 2 steps into the corridor though to keep LoS with you guys.

Bravely bold Sir Eddy,
Rode forth from Camelot!
He was not afraid to die,
Oh, Brave Sir Eddy!
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Eddy!

:wizard: Eddy Wizzard :wizard:
Attack: :skull: Defend: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: Move: :roll2: :roll2:
Mind: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: Body: :redheart: :greyheart: :greyheart: :greyheart: Gold: ?
Inventory: NA staff (1), EU bracers(+1), dagger x1 1 healing potion +4 -
Spellbook (x=cast; o=available) - -
Fire Water Air
[x] Courage [x] Water of Healing [o] Genie
[x] Fire of Wrath [o] Veil of Mist [x] Swift Wind
[x] Ball of Flame [o] Sleep [x] Tempest

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » Saturday November 30th, 2013 4:29am

I'll allow it to work on sprung pit traps. If you fail to jump over an open pit, you can roll for the cape as if you sprung the trap again.

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » Sunday December 1st, 2013 5:59pm

mikemacdee wrote:Kili, turn 50:
Kili successfully leaps over both traps, though he didn't need to bother with the second pit as Caranthir was there to help him across. Around the corner he finds...

Or Hurgar can climb into the first pit trap and you can safely walk over your companions' heads!

mikemacdee wrote:Idea: post your character name and inventory in your sig for the time being (some of you already have), and boldface anything you have equipped. Would that work for everyone?

With his warhammer and helmet equipped, Kili is now bolder than ever.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » Sunday December 1st, 2013 6:14pm

Daedalus wrote:
mikemacdee wrote:Kili, turn 50:

Or Hurgar can climb into the first pit trap and you can safely walk over your companions' heads!

That is also an option.

mikemacdee wrote:Climbing Into Pits
Instead of jumping a pit, a hero may attempt to deliberately climb into a pit. He must declare that he is doing so while next to a pit, then he rolls 1 combat die: if he rolls anything but a skull, he safely reaches the bottom; otherwise he slips and falls in, taking 1 body point of damage. In either case, his turn ends.

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Monday December 2nd, 2013 6:58am

mikemacdee wrote:Idea: post your character name and inventory in your sig for the time being (some of you already have), and boldface anything you have equipped. Would that work for everyone?
Well, this would be an option if I was positive myself about Hurgar's stats and equipment :roll:
Daedalus wrote:Or Hurgar can climb into the first pit trap and you can safely walk over your companions' heads!
Does climbing into a pit require a dice roll?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » Monday December 2nd, 2013 5:30pm

Big Bene wrote:
Daedalus wrote:Or Hurgar can climb into the first pit trap and you can safely walk over your companions' heads!
Does climbing into a pit require a dice roll?

I answered that in my last post. 8-)

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room