• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Manse Macabre (concluded)

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Manse Macabre (in progress)

Postby Daedalus » November 3rd, 2013, 1:45 am

That was my impression. After Eddy, I need Hurgar to take a turn so I can get hammered.

Is Kili being offered Caranthir's the tool kit?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » November 3rd, 2013, 3:45 am

oh, well, sorry.

Sjeng rolled 2 6-sided dice:
6, 4

Put me north of the elf then. Hammer the dead guy first, if that fails, I can Genie his patchy ass.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » November 3rd, 2013, 5:24 am

Eddie Wizzard, turn 45:
Eddy bravely steps forward, prepping his spellbook for action...

Zargon, turn 45:
Florentine crawls out of his cramped tomb and reaches for the nearest and biggest lump of fresh meat!

He attacks, raking with razor nails!
mikemacdee rolled 3 6-sided dice:
3, 5, 1

Two hits! Hurgar defends!
mikemacdee rolled 4 6-sided dice:
6, 6, 5, 1

Hurgar only partly blocks the attack, losing another BP!

Outside in the courtyard, unnatural lightning still roars...
mikemacdee rolled 2 6-sided dice:
6, 4

The earth is torn open where one bolt struck the courtyard, and some dark, horrible thing crawls out of the hole!

End of turn. Round 46 commences.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game.
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » November 3rd, 2013, 5:33 am

Oh no, not Archibald again...
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » November 3rd, 2013, 7:06 pm

Nah, Archibald is the magic house zombie who hides in the treasure deck.

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » November 6th, 2013, 9:58 am

I think it's the gardener out there. Hope there wasn't more than one.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 8th, 2013, 8:04 am

Can I pass the hammer to Kili and still attack?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » November 8th, 2013, 3:28 pm

mikemacdee wrote:Giving Items
A hero may freely pass any of his items to another hero on his turn, if that hero is in line of sight. Items can only pass from the active hero to an inactive one, not vice-versa.

Useful Genie
In addition to opening doors, the Genie spell can also activate switches and puzzle objects.

The "One Equip" Limit
During a Quest heroes are allowed to equip a weapon or piece of armor once per turn, and only on their turn. They should keep track of what items are equipped for Zargon's benefit.
Example: On Barbarian's turn, Barbarian switches from his broadsword to his battle axe in order to attack a stronger foe. This automatically unequips his shield and leaves him at a defense disadvantage on Zargon's turn -- he cannot re-equip his shield until next turn.

I'd say yes. The Giving Items rule says you can give the hammer to Kili. The "One Equip" Limit rule doesn't prohibit attacking with the hammer and and then freely giving it to Kili, but you won't get the use of your shield this turn. You could also freely give the hammer to Kili, equip your broadsword, and then attack. You still can't use your shield, but you can equip it next turn, with your broadsword already in hand.

Although it won't matter if either Hurgar or Kili destroy the Mummy first, I wanna restate my opinion that Eddy should save the Genie for operating the shifting wall to the north. There may be no other way for us all to advance to the north east section and exit the Quest back through the main door.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » November 8th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Well then...
Get dat Mallet, Slayerdwarf!
Hurgar attack with 'is trusty sword
Big Bene rolled 3 6-sided dice:
3, 3, 5

Smash! :barbarian:
Or do I?
Whut's Flowertime's defense, anyway?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mikemacdee » November 8th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Daedelus's argument makes sense to me as long as you haven't attacked with said weapon. It won't count as an equip for you if you simply throw something to another colleague, but you'd have to either toss it or use it.

As for Florentine's stats, they're the same as any mummy.

Hurgar, turn 46:
Hurgar tosses the warhammer to his dwarfy friend, unsheathes his broadsword and takes a mighty swing at Florentine!

Florentine defends!
mikemacdee rolled 4 6-sided dice:
4, 3, 5, 6

Florentine reels at his 1 BP loss!

Does Hurgar move as well?

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room