• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Postby Big Bene » May 28th, 2013, 9:44 am

OK, first let me try this dice mod. If it works, I'll use the throw.
Big Bene rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 1
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Big Bene » May 28th, 2013, 9:50 am

OK, so it is three movement.
I take Garmin. Being the seasoned fighter I am, I'll try to learn a bit about my whereabouts before I join the feasting in the hall. I start at the right X, take two steps right and have a look what's behind the door.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » May 28th, 2013, 10:04 am

hm, well, okay, if Garmin is second after Ragnar, then I'll play Sneeks and Sarymor after that, and Daedalus can be Ragnar ;)

So in order:
1. Ragnar = Daedalus
2. Garmin = Big Bene
3. Sneeks = Sjeng (or perhaps a fourth player)
4. Sarymor = Sjeng

Let's see what Garmin finds inside the room.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » May 28th, 2013, 1:21 pm

These are the stables. Three horses are relishing their hay.

In order to keep the game moving I am going to suggest a few rules.

Each round may take no more than 24 hours.
If at the end of the allowed time for each round there is a player who has not yet taken his turn any other player may:
  • Take the turn of that player on their behalf
  • Move his own character, this will start a new round and the player who has not yet moved will forfeit their turn for that round
  • If someone is half way through their turn (see the example below) the rest of his turn will be forfeit if he fails to complete it before the end of the round. In this situation another player may not complete his turn for him
Each round will end at 00:00. (A round may be extended at my discretion but don't count on it!!).
For reference I will be playing by this clock.

Unfinished turns
Big Bene is currently half way through his turn, he may still move 1 square and perform an action. I do not feel the rest of you should have to wait for Big Bene to finish his turn before moving your Hero as this will slow the game down. This may cause some problems for example I would normally only allow a room to be searched for treasure once. Clearly this would be unfair on Big Bene if Sarymor & Sneeks were to move into this room and search for treasure before he logs in again to finish his turn. In this situation I will allow Big Bene to carry out a 2nd search for treasure in this room if he wants to.

Combat
It may also help to keep the game moving if when attacking a monster/hero we roll the defence dice for our opponent in the same post. This way we can immediately see the outcome of the battle and the next player can continue with the game if I am not available to update the map.
Combat Example

I hope this is clear and you all agree this is fair. WE can of course alter these rules as we progress through the game if we need to.

Finally. The current round will last until tomorrow night (an extra 24 hours) if we need it to.
Last edited by The Road Warrior on May 31st, 2013, 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » May 28th, 2013, 2:09 pm

Sounds fair to me. And I wouldn't rush in and search for treasure before the current player has had a chance. And I think it is safe to assume that Bene is going to step inside and do a treasure search anyway. Do you keep a treasure deck reasy? I suggest you finish Bene's move and search for treasure.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » May 28th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Sjeng wrote:And I think it is safe to assume that Bene is going to step inside and do a treasure search anyway.

Or maybe traps? I think I will give him the opportunity to finish his go and read the rules I have proposed first.

Sjeng wrote:Do you keep a treasure deck reasy?

I'm going to shuffle the treasure deck tonight and record the order of the cards in an excel spreadsheet. I can carry this around with me on a USB stick and respond to treasure searches whenever I need to.

Also I added some rules to speed up combat, I'm not sure if you will have seen them as we were posting at the same time ;)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » May 28th, 2013, 3:04 pm

All OK for me.
I, well,
Sjeng wrote:step inside and do a treasure search
. :roll:
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » May 28th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Clearly these are very important and well protected horses!!

Garmin - The Halberdier
Attack - 2
Defence - 4
Body - 4
Mind - 3

Last edited by The Road Warrior on May 31st, 2013, 8:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » May 28th, 2013, 3:27 pm

OK, that's for that. Nothing more left to do in this turn. Will just wait it out in the pit and write "be more careful" a hundred times.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » May 29th, 2013, 12:57 am

The Road Warrior wrote:Come now Sir Ragnar, this is nothing but a humble tavern.
He says
The Road Warrior wrote:Swinging Axes and hidden pits would hardly be good for business.
he says...

Pretty nasty to place a trap right behind a door xD. So, does anyone else play the houserule to be able to search the first square behind a door when standing in front of the door?
So Sneeks rolls movement:

Sjeng rolled 2 6-sided dice:
3, 2

And heads to the stable door, and attempts to disable the trap.

Sjeng rolled 1 6-sided dice:

I believe that only on a black shield does the "dwarf" get hit? So the trap is disabled now, right?

Now Sarymor rolls movement:

Steps 7 squares to the right, and opens the second door. Can I check for traps inside the 1st square? Well, let's see what is inside first, and what Zargon has to say. |_P
Sjeng rolled 2 6-sided dice:
3, 6

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room