• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My first hosted HeroQuest game!!!

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

My first hosted HeroQuest game!!!

Postby ToyotaGT1 » July 30th, 2011, 9:01 pm

So today, my friends finally had a chance to come over and play HeroQuest. It was also my first time running the game as Zargon. With 5 guys crowded around the table...we had a BLAST.

Not including myself, my 4 friends had NEVER played HeroQuest. At first..we thought we were going to play D&D, but somehow I convinced them to try this game instead.

Starting off, I did not read the rules or instructions. It was pretty much a seat of the pants thing..when something new or different happened, I gave a short explanation, and then they did it.

So as I opened the box and set the game up, I had the feeling they thought this was a little kids games. I set my screen up and opened the quest book, and started the game after they had picked characters.

For the first 20 minutes or so(and we started with Quest 1, The Trial), they slowly ventured out of the starting room, and ALL split up..bad idea. So as 1 person opened a door to a room, they were by their self to face whatever was in the room. After a few quick battles, they finally saw how it was better to work as a team rather than spread over the map.

By the end of the game...they closed in on the gargoyle...and slain him in one epic last stand. All of them were low on health, but luckily after a few good rolls, they overcame him.

I asked them what they had thought of the game, and they were all impressed. They enjoyed the idea of working as a team to beat the enemies. The Wizard cast a spell onto the elf...then the elf went into a room BY HIMSELF, and KILLED a Chaos Warrior AND 6 (!!!) Orcs!

All in all, they enjoyed it, and as they were leaving, asked me if maybe next weekend, I would go to my friends house, and we could do another Quest. Long Live HeroQuest!
ToyotaGT1

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My first hosted HeroQuest game!!!

Postby el_flesh » July 30th, 2011, 11:18 pm

WOW. Now that's a story!

You seem to know how to DM already, even without reading rules!

Now if possible, take pix and record the funner parts...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » July 31st, 2011, 1:48 am

el_flesh wrote:WOW. Now that's a story!

You seem to know how to DM already, even without reading rules!

Now if possible, take pix and record the funner parts...

Thats great NEWS :!: :!: Really pleased you all enjoyed it. What a feeling of POWER, being the DM. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby joec » July 31st, 2011, 2:26 pm

One of us! One of us!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 1st, 2011, 9:02 am

I hope I'll be able to do that once. My friends aren't big boardgame fans I think, but I could give it a try :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!