Page 1 of 2

Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 1:29am
by 8bit-Dude
Hey guyz, it is my first time posting on this forum.

A few weeks ago the BardicBroadcasts Heroquest video popped on Youtube, and I remembered just how fun it was playing as a kid.

A few hundred dollars later (buying the game and some expansions on eBay), and I was playing with some friends from UK, America and China last night at my house in Kyoto. It was a blast!!

They are all asking for more, and I will make sure to take some photos next time! :goblin:

Cheers, Tony

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 3:49am
by Goblin-King
Welcome to the inn 8bit-Dude
HeroQuest is a timeless classic |_P

Any story behind your name? Are you involved in gamemaking or the scene?

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 4:22am
by 8bit-Dude
Thanks Goblin-King!

Goblin-King wrote:Any story behind your name? Are you involved in gamemaking or the scene?


I write games and development tools for 8bit era computers (C64, Atari XL, Apple //).
My websites are: www.8bit-unity.com and www.8bit-slicks.com

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 8:57am
by mitchiemasha
Welcome... Good to have you. Any chance of writing a quest generator?

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 12:20pm
by Anderas
Yes! Welcome! :)

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 2:23pm
by Goblin-King
8bit-Dude wrote:Thanks Goblin-King!

Goblin-King wrote:Any story behind your name? Are you involved in gamemaking or the scene?


I write games and development tools for 8bit era computers (C64, Atari XL, Apple //).
My websites are: http://www.8bit-unity.com and http://www.8bit-slicks.com

Cool! So you did the 8bit-slicks game? I'll definitely try it out later |_P
I'm a bit involved with retro-games myself. I did some sprites and cover art for a couple of Retroguro's games :idea:

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 4:16pm
by j_dean80
mitchiemasha wrote:Welcome... Good to have you. Any chance of writing a quest generator?


You mean like Anderas has been working on? (HeroScribe 2.0)

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 5:19pm
by Maurice76
Kyoto? Are you from Japan? If so, if I am not mistaking, there's still some things about the Japanese version that would need translation to English. If Japanese is a language you are familair with, maybe you could help out for what help is still needed ;) (and I rightfully admit that I don't know if anything is still needed there, for sure).

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Sunday March 24th, 2019 8:30pm
by 8bit-Dude
Maurice76 wrote:Kyoto? Are you from Japan? If so, if I am not mistaking, there's still some things about the Japanese version that would need translation to English. If Japanese is a language you are familair with, maybe you could help out for what help is still needed ;) (and I rightfully admit that I don't know if anything is still needed there, for sure).


My written Japanese is not of the highest standard, but I could pitch in. Let me know what docs are needed.

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

PostPosted: Monday March 25th, 2019 2:45am
by Goblin-King
8bit-Dude wrote:
Maurice76 wrote:Kyoto? Are you from Japan? If so, if I am not mistaking, there's still some things about the Japanese version that would need translation to English. If Japanese is a language you are familair with, maybe you could help out for what help is still needed ;) (and I rightfully admit that I don't know if anything is still needed there, for sure).


My written Japanese is not of the highest standard, but I could pitch in. Let me know what docs are needed.

Written Japanese is literally the only skill that is not needed for this translating project 8-)

But I'm not involved, and quite frankly I can't remember who was on this...