• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

JoeC's Rumble in the D

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: JoeC's Rumble in the D

Postby Sjeng » June 14th, 2014, 10:15 am

Many American houses are made of wood. It's cheaper than bricks, but it's also why you see so many destroyed towns after a hurricane. They just blow away completely. It does have it's charm though. But I wouldn't want the maintainance that comes with wooden buildings. All sorts of insects and vermin too. Eeek! (But that's just based on what I see/read on TV/internet. Been to LA/las vegas/San Fransisco once though. SF seems to be built better than LA, and LV is like an amusement park).
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby joec » May 13th, 2015, 7:39 pm

https://m.flickr.com/photos/joecwik/17617361781/

From the other night's RotWL Q6...

The best part was once the heroes entered and freed the Barbarian and Elf, the Dwarf stood in the doorway and drank the purple liquid from the original quest book. He turned to stone for five turns.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » May 13th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Great to see a report from the motor city. I'm just North of there.

So I read some of the less recent posts in this thread, and I seem to remember Kool-Aid man busting through at least one cinder brick wall as well as a back yard fence!! So it's not really about the houses all being made of wood. Kool-aid Man just always had to make a dramatic juggernaut-esque entrance.

Incidentally, my parent's house in coastal New England is over 150 years old and made of wood. Bugs and pests not a problem. I sat through several hurricanes and never any damage to the house. The houses located on the barrier beaches however… They look like popsicle stick bridges after being strength tested. Oh Yeah!! :)
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 15th, 2015, 9:38 am

Well I would say older houses were built more solid than new houses, but presumably there were also old houses on the barrier beaches? The fact that newer houses would be built on the older houses locations would show even the older houses didn't stand up to strength tests? (Although they probably lasted a hell of alot longer than the newer houses)
I know of an "old stone house" near the shore of a major river in East Canada; it has stood for over 300 years.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!