• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Prince Magnus' Gold and the Adventurers' Greed

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: Prince Magnus' Gold and the Adventurers' Greed

Postby TMU » December 17th, 2017, 4:18 pm

This was a great read! I love how you're players went full RPG :D Also gratz to you for being such a nice DM and playing along with them ;)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby GimmeYerGold » December 18th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Great read, Spooky!

Happy to see you putting those Lone Monster and Rest cards to use :)

Like in your game, I also lean toward the RPG elements for players to have more freedom to shape the story. The Realm cards are an attempt to gameify and add some loose narrative to the time in between quests. From the sequence of your game it sounds like your players could draw from the deck on their way to the bar. (This deck was actually called the Tavern deck initially, so our heads are in the same place!)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » December 27th, 2017, 11:18 am

Thanks, everybody!

GimmeYerGold, your expanded cards have really been a gift! I've been using them a lot and really enjoy all the fun new twists that they provide and options to expand the rules in fun new and creative ways. I just decided that I'm going to start using Skill cards to level the characters up, and I'm gonna have to look into these Realm cards. I just bought the DragonStrike boards recently so I might start using the town Board a bit for additional role-play before and/or after the Quest, but for quicker games those Realm cards look great!

I'm gonna get this crew back together in the next week or two to follow up from Prince Magnus' Gold. We'll do Legacy of the Orc Warlord. Since they all fought Ulag together for their first Quest, I'm gonna have Grak bring them all back together by kidnapping and imprisoning them as revenge for his father's death. Grak doesn't know of the animus between the heroes and probably wouldn't care if he did. Being in a prison cell together in the middle of a dungeon will force them to work together to survive. And to make things more interesting, as they wake up in the cell, they hear Prince Magnus' screams somewhere deep in the dungeon. He's been kidnapped as well and the heroes will have to rescue him. If that doesn't help get them back in his good graces, then they're hopeless.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 11th, 2018, 9:19 pm

And you can find the followup adventure, Legacy of the Orc Warlord and the Rescue of Prince Magnus here: viewtopic.php?f=161&t=4077

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!