• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Any experience with remote video gameplay?

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Any experience with remote video gameplay?

Postby GimmeYerGold » May 3rd, 2016, 12:15 pm

I have a couple of players that we want to join in a real-life game via google hangouts.. has anyone here done that before?

I was thinking we could have a camera on the board that he sees, and he could have a camera on his face. Someone would have to move for him of course.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Any experience with remote video gameplay?

Postby Daedalus » May 3rd, 2016, 1:45 pm

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2016, 3:35 pm

I have very minimal experience with Roll20... Basically only as a Player, and even then only a few sessions of Star Wars: EotE, and one attempt to play some Pathfinder that folks pretty much flaked on.

That said, it's an incredibly robust platform unto itself. You don't "Need" Google Hangouts it works on it's own and even includes a VOIP, No one has to have a Camera, though a Headset with a Mic is very helpful, and if you can figure out how to get the assets from Teldrun it would save you a ton of time.

The free version does have limited cloud storage, so I am not sure how that would translate for all the HQ stuff (again, check with Teldrun), but I can tell you that it's a very good experience--speaking as a Player that is.

I was hoping that Teldrun would start another game, because I'd love to join, but I have not heard anything on it since this time last year.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » May 3rd, 2016, 5:47 pm

I love the idea of Roll20 for HQ, but for this instance, I'd actually prefer to not use Roll20--I have IRL players and remote players playing the same game. To use Roll20 would basically require managing 2 boards, because I want an IRL board for my meatspace players.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2016, 6:09 pm

GimmeYerGold wrote:I love the idea of Roll20 for HQ, but for this instance, I'd actually prefer to not use Roll20--I have IRL players and remote players playing the same game. To use Roll20 would basically require managing 2 boards, because I want an IRL board for my meatspace players.

Understood. No amount of cool online tools can replace having friends hanging out in the same room... Of course, using a VTT for "everyone" would also mean no greasy fingerprints on cards, cola or beer stains on the board, or broken minis. And you can play in your underwear...*Chuckle*...

But seriously, the most satisfying games are social events where people are spending time together in the same shared space. So I get what you are going for, success to you with Google Hangouts!

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!