• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Welcome to Cinderwrought!

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: Welcome to Cinderwrought!

Postby Goblin-King » May 25th, 2016, 2:57 pm

TMU wrote:This. Also, I want a bulldog. Or a pug.

Nope - You're in the army now! You don't have time for pets!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby TMU » May 25th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Goblin-King wrote:
TMU wrote:This. Also, I want a bulldog. Or a pug.

Nope - You're in the army now! You don't have time for pets!

This. Also, damn.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 25th, 2016, 6:08 pm

*WHAT HAVE WE HERE, PRIVATE TEEMU!?*

Sir, that's my dog, Sir.

*ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT, PRIVATE TEEMU? IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A freakin' DOG!*

Sir, yes, Sir. I am certain.

*WELL, PRIVATE TEEMU. I HAVE A THEORY. THIS IS NOT A DOG! THIS IS YOUR *tasty treat*, PRIVATE TEEMU, ISN'T IT?*

Sir, no. It's... she... it... she's my...

*ANYWAAAAY, PRIVATE TEEMU. WIPE THOSE freakin' TEARS OFF THE FLOOR, NOW WOULD YOU?! ARE THESE freakin' TEARS, PRIVATE TEEMU?*

Sir, I (sob, sniff) ... I don't know, Sir.

*OR IS IT SOMETHING YOUR *tasty treat* LOST? HM? WHAT'S THAT IN HER GODWAFUL UGLY freakin' FACE, ANYWAY? PRIVATE TEEMU? STOP CRYING. WE WOULDN'T WANT YOUR UGLY, HAIRY, SAD-EYED GIRLFRIEND THERE TO SEE YOU LKE THIS, WOULD WE?*

Sir, no, Sir...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 26th, 2016, 12:01 am

I like that gaming setup with the guy in Google Hangout:)
Thanks for the good read!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » May 26th, 2016, 8:05 am

knightkrawler wrote:That was an interesting read, thank you very much, kind sir!
Pray tell, where do you find so many nerds and what do you use to lure them into your lair all at the same time?

This is the third campaign we've run, and most of the original players are still a part of it, however a few have moved away or have begun to start families. I tried filling in empty roles by reaching out to new friends, however, with the inclusion of google hangout, everyone can now play regardless! Not a bad thing, just requires more planning and group management on my part. (I think we're confirmed for TWELVE PLAYERS this upcoming session, nine in meatspace, and three in google hangout.)

I've always been patient when planning quest meetings, opting for when most folks are available, but I try to stick to a regular schedule of no more than 2 or 3 weeks passing in between sessions, and playing regardless with whomever can commit, so long as we have at least 3 to 4 players. This chance of missing out I suppose encourages active engagement? A lot of my players are D&D fans, and the way we play Heroquest scratches that itch, with simpler rules and shorter quest sessions, it's easier to keep up with.

And I suppose the custom content and our house rules help, too! :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!