• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

EL FLESH

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: EL FLESH

Postby el_flesh » November 21st, 2010, 10:27 pm

We find ourselves fallen on the floor. We are awakened by a sound - was it a scream?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I sense the Witch Lord's power. There is a scent in the musty air - one of death. We have healed half of our hitpoints, and our chi is restored. It must be an evil spell that has brought us here - to face destruction no doubt. It has also splintered our group! Ninja Singh and Sunshine are nowhere in sight!
Georgeous searches the rack in the room and manages to roll quite high! He finds an artifact right from the off! It is a Giant's Protecting Plate Mail of the Skilled! 2-hand weapons can be wielded one hand; +2 all checks, and +1 AP in shield! Perfect for him!
I check the loo. There are 15 gold pieces in the dried out and mouldy korappu.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It takes two heroes to lift the Portcullis. Zebs holds it open while Korisu runs down the hall - he hears a far-off scream again; a familiar sounding scream - one of pain. We pass thru, and the Portcullis slams down hard, making a huige noise as Zebs just leaves it drop. A loud scream of pain is heard again from the East corridor at the noise!

I see the beginning of a room and hear shuffling feet; they are moving fast. There is another scream from far off, and fast moving zombies appear! Georgeous and Flesh (i.e., moi) are quickly surrounded! I take 2 dmg in the initial attack, then roll 2 shields for both subsequent attacks for full defense! They try to wrestle me to the ground, but my body check allows me to throw them back with my stick.

Georgeous defends two attacks fully, he almost auto fails his body check...the zombies have failed to drag him down! Zebs + Korisu fight off zombies; each one killing a zombie in front of them. Georgeous uses his once per adventure "Blessed Light", which while not harming me, makes me squint and lose 5 vision range. Even with only medium attacks, he is causing BIG damage among the undead that surround him, many of them sizzling...smells like rancid bacon....
My Red Skeleton is raised and his first hit is a whopper - a perfect 7 skulls!

Georgeous is surrounded - it takes 2 action per defense and it's flat-footed at that! Meanwhile the half-Orc is arguing with the Samurai. All of the zombies manage to wrestle Georgeous to the gound, trying to eat him. His shield and helmet are all that protect him against their ripping undead fingers. I stand back and giggle at the spectacle. Either side winning is fine by me! The zombies (not orcs as in the pic, which is only a representation of the reality...) try it on me too, but cannot drag me down.

Korisu counters, but with a 50% attack. 1 hit misses. Then he swings his katana again and this time takes the head off the zombie. But the next zombie defends a full attack with 4 shields! Blessed light kills two of the zombies surrounding Georgeous, allowing him to get up and start hewing zombies apart. My attacks fail and Georgeous is surrounded again.

But three of the four zombies fall apart due to the last of his blessed light, and the fourth one, already sizzling, falls to his ax! The blessed light flickers out, and it is now safe for my skels to traverse the intersection. Korisu goes off on his own...

They head down the hallway that the screams are emenating from. We find a truly horrific sight – an undead DEFILER. Only this one is made mostly of rotting horse flesh, with their heads embedded in the mass, whinnying in agony. The stench is unbearable. In the center of this mass, we plainly see a human head – the head of the caravan’s peddler! Zebs faints. (Didn't even roll for it.)

We realize that these are the horses from our caravan! We hear another scream from further down the hall to the right, but Georgeous has almost barfed from the stench! The mass attacks him with flailing tentacles.

Georgeous and my ‘pebbles’ skel both fail their body check rolls: the tentacles have wrapped around them and are dragging them towards the ‘mouth’ of the mass! Korisu, meanwhile, has found boots in the far tomb; they will allow him to sprint free of chi cost! He can now run everywhere he goes effectively tripling his move! (This might very well get nerfed next time) He also finds a Fairy’s Cloth Undershirt of Sexy Beast; which gives him 2 more body points. Which will take him one more turn to put on.
Zebs, recovered, runs into the room, sees the apparition in the corner, runs right the heck back out and faints again, this time failing his check, therefore barfing into his helmet – luckily he is face down and doesn’t choke on his own vomit.

My remaining skels attack the mass, only dealing slight damage. Zebs gets up and runs away from the monster. Both Pebbles skel (so named by the 'pebbly' base) and Georgeous are still being dragged inward, and can neither attack nor defend!

Georgeous does not escape, and is drawn into the mouth of the monstrosity – he is also barfing inside the thing’s “mouth”, which crunches down on him. He has only his armor to protect him in defense rolls! Pebbles is utterly destroyed by the first crunch - sending my life back into me!

BREAK TIME! MEXICAN PIZZA (delivery...I know...but it was so ass-burning gooood!)

Korisu uses his new boots to run into the center of the circle he has found. It does nothing though.

He has enough ability to run right by Zebs and into the room to help us. Three hits fail to kill it and he also barfs. Now my gold skel and I are being dragged in as well.

Finally we manage to kill the DEFILER before taking too much damage. I raise another pebbles skel from the -thankfully- finally fully dead horse remains. We find all the goods the caravan had been carrying. We have to bring it all with us; for leaving it behind could lose it all. The raised area door cannot be opened.

I find that the circle’s magic is long dead and inactive.

Korisu and Georgeous argue over the circle; Georgeous scoffs at the idea of all of us being in the circle at once, since it did nothing...

When Georgeous makes a search of the door, it occurs to him that we all need to be in the area to open the door…

Inside the room we find loads of skeletons facing us across it! There is a Chaos knight in the back. Our fellow heroes from the caravan, Ninja, Sunshine, Vampira and Frankyghost are naked and unconscious, tied to the wall, having been tortured! But it is the center of the room that draws our attention! A torso is impaled there head down, with his arms swinging overhead on hooks, and his legs in a pool of blood. It is Boxcutter Steve, His head raises and he screams in utter agony. He is in the beginning stages of undead now.

The others rush forward, killing what they can as they go. I run by Steve, releasing him from this mortal coil with a smash from my summoning rod. His death makes the door behind us open again. I suggest that we retreat out of it, forming a bottleneck. Zebs agrees but the other two do not; they want to form a protective line for our comerades. I retreat to the back of their line, allowing my skels to absorb the damage. But a Golden Axe skeleton jumps into a spot next to me, and drops me – causing my skels to collapse into piles of bones. But their liberated life flows back into me, returning me to three hitpoints left. The skeleton wizard shoots a black ray at Zebs. A double six roll stuns him for 12 actions! I raise a new red skel. All of the killing keeps me quite well able to continue raising!

My new red skel finishes off the wizard, and I raise a second gold one. I manage to block an arrow with my lousy low defense rolls. Georgeous makes excellent defense and counters, killing one skeleton and damaging others. Korisu goes after Nfar, the Choas knight, but makes a lousy attack.

My skels clean house – but then Nfar raises another two Golden Axe skels.

Korisu makes a regular 9 die attack and kills Nfar – but nothing else dies! My skels clean up more, and I wind up with the maximum 4 again. The two Golden Axe skels attack us.

Korisu comes to help, but honestly thinks that my mage is one of the enemy and attacks him – when the others tell him it’s my own, the DM does not accept it – Korisu is in a drunken stupor! His attack kills my mage!
Zebs argues with Georgeous meanwhile over his plan to leave an archer behind to go and hit skels that are already covered by us.

He kills the archer; my skels clean the room! There is nothing left to do but reawaken our friends, dress them and arm them. They stumble into the portal with us.

Last edited by el_flesh on December 2nd, 2010, 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ken » November 22nd, 2010, 8:37 am

Horrified to hear of my Action Hero Zebs' humiliation. Is He ill? Does He have a fever? Palpitations? Rush him to a Doctor, or maybe a Shrink? How you could eat that Pizza, and turn down Marmite Sandwich beats me !! :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » November 22nd, 2010, 10:35 am

Zebs himself decided to faint. Twice. Being as it's the Dark Ages, there are only barbers to take him to for a good bleeding. He bled already in this adventure, although only a very tiny bit.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ninja Singh » November 22nd, 2010, 8:42 pm

Aww man, I can't beleive I missed this quest. It looks sooo epic. This totally ruined my Monday. I don't want to think about the amount of experience points I missed.
Ninja Singh

Postby ken » December 6th, 2010, 10:13 am

Where were you this weekend, Flesh, missed my Monday morning fix!! Look at my Sir Ragnar link to see my latest Hero in action!! :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » December 6th, 2010, 10:54 pm

It's comin - busy week...

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » December 7th, 2010, 4:00 am

el_flesh wrote:It's comin - busy week...

My breathe is coming in short pants, in anticipation!! :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » December 7th, 2010, 12:58 pm

This Saturday turned out OK. Gwiss and Georgeous were re-doing a floor; so we were thinking the weekend game might have to be cancelled. I called them, and they said they ought to be done by about supper time, so we decided to give it a go anyway. We enjoyed a little rum Daquiris (strawberry). A little wine. A little walnuts. A little Jumbolaya.
The guys finally show up at the last moment we would still decide to play. We get going fast.

The mist clears, and we find ourselves in a room 50x50. We see what appears to be Mental. Mentor.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Our wounds are not only fully healed, they are dry and pinched; old scars now. Our weapons have a layer of rust on them. Our food is beyond spoiled; it is dried out and crumbling into dust.Mental tells us we have been gone for TWO YEARS searching the Witch Lord. Only divination allowed him to find us; trapped in a DARK SPELL portal! It took some pretty damn clever White Magics to get us out of there. We are lucky Mental barely managed it. The Witch Lord seems to have vanished at the same time. He had initially assumed we had killed him and that we had all died doing it.
But now, things are happening just like before. The Witch Lord seems to have returned, as undead are again appearing, along with the base subhuman creatures that serve one like him.

We go to the banquet hall, where Zebs and Georgeous practically LIE on the table, scarfing down the food. I enjoy some mushrooms that would kill most peasants. Rather amusingly.

There is some intrigue as Mental passes a parchment to Ninja to read to everyone. It basically covers all the info he had given us, but unseen to them, he slips me a small parchment under the table.
It tells me that he has what I desire, and that he is sure we must defeat the Witch King.
I tell my friends that I would like to talk in private with them; since this could all be an illusion. Our weapons and armor are not in good repair; although MY magic-based items are unaffected, my teammates would be a lot easier to overcome in their present state.
I don’t like secrets, and Mental giving me a parchment in secret makes the hairs on my neck stand on end. I tell my teammates these things in the room, hoping that Mental does not have any method of overhearing me. I reason that if he does realize his ruse is up, he might be rashly drawn into attacking us now before he is ready; because we surely aren’t ready to face a massive assault. But nothing happens, and Georgeous wants to go investigate the next quest Mental has for us – a town to the south where none of the scouts thence sent have returned. Since my teammates are advised to get their weapons repaired and to sleep and rest, I breathe a lot easier. I meet Mental in another room, passing notes to keep the meeting “secret” from my teammates, which Georgeous doesn’t like – he worries that I might be harmed in another room, or I might be making deals…
When we see the rest of the team, I tell them that I am sure now that Mental is exactly who he appears to be, and that I am sure we will not be walking into a meat tree. A hambush.

We walk through the forest, and come upon the fortified castle at the center of the settlement. We can see that the villiage outside it is burning. The main entrance is broken inwards. Despite the annoying sunlight that makes me squint, I notice immediately that there are no bodies. Ninja scouts around it, and our two artists Korisu and Georgeous illustrate the castle with a few quick sketches…

Ninja runs in, but several arrows miss him.

Korisu runs around the other side and invades from the back, killing an archer.

Zebs is taking a lot of arrows, but he hacks the EmOgre’s arm off. (Which can be seen drawn on the ground...)

Bad rolls make Ninja collapse with -1 hit points to the Shaman’s double fire stream; giving us one less turn to get to him! Zebs kills the yellow pants EmOgre, and spends one action point to do a victory dance.
I raise a Red Skel, that hits the Urukhai. Another fire stream from the Shaman causes two damage to the skel TWICE.

The bronze shirt Orc (who Korisu has been applying a gay voice to) attacks Georgeous with a low attack, the DM unthinkingly says it is ‘just a prick’. Korisu sees an immediate opportunity for the gay voice: "How do you like my little prick? It has AIDS on it."
We are all glad Korisu is NOT the DM. Korisu uses two minor healing potions to revive Ninja, and then attacks the Shaman. Ninja deals the killing blow, and we are well on our way to taking the Bailey, with the remaining archer orcs stupidly coming down from the Curtain Walls!

I raise a Gold Skeleton from the remains of the Bronze shirt gay Orc.
Yup.
Korisu immediately makes the Gold Skel continue on about clothes in a gay voice.

Part two next week…
Last edited by drathe on September 12th, 2013, 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » December 7th, 2010, 5:37 pm

Had a job to tear my gaze from that first picture, once I did, found my top man Zebs back in the thick of things!! Hallelullia!! When do we get taste-computing?? :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » January 9th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Well, what with Xmas coming, I didn't have time to post the last adventure, which was on Dec 11...

As you can see, we are already into the holiday spirits before the game even begins...

I think this was spiced rum?...don't remember...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have defeated the archers that were outside of the main castle doors, and now we venture INSIDE...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Georgeous opens the door and undead swarm in...

...now we know where all the peasants and the castle army went to!

Beernut says that the Witch Lord quest called for a 'legion' of 12 monsters. Ya. 12. Here's HIS version of a legion!

As we steadily kill them, new ones trickle in.....

We take care of them easily and find another room beyond the door; going into the mountain!

Zombies pull down one of my skels. Maybe it's the gold one Korisu claims is gay...it is looking a bit like a *group hug*.
And there's a gold Mummy there, too - wonder if HE shops at Shaw's?

...Or maybe they're zombies themselves... I should have written this the weekend we played it...

In any event - here's Korisu's version of the gay gold skel...

...somehow "shopping at Shaw's" became his name/signature expression...ppshaaaw-w-w-w-w...
ask if THAT one wasn't overdone by the time the evening was over.

Fighting Zombie dogs and zombies and undead - and a few skels mixed in.

We saved this pic to set up the next time we would meet - because we well out of time!

It takes us 30 mins to setup and figure out where we were, now that it's Jan 8...

Zeb kills a zombie dog, then attacks the zombie (must have been its master). Korisu finishes the zombie, then cuts another dog.
A second attack finishes it off. Georgeous attacks a dog, hurting it. Red Skel kills a zombie, and according to the DM, flattens the face of another one.
Gold skel gets up, and damages the blue zombie.

But dogs kill the pebble base skel. Zombies fail to kill gold skel (NOT 'ppshaww'). Georgeous make a 6 skull hit on a ghoul - which has -2 defense due to his artifact weapon.
But he only cuts off its arm! The Ghouls are powerful!

Korisu next kills a zombie dog. My skeletal mage uses Shock Touch on a dog. Red skel manages to finish off a Ghoul, while Gold skel kills a dog.
But with Zarquon's turn to attack, a dog bites Zebs right in the crotch. Zebs kills a ghoul. Korisu finishes off the dog that Zebs took an ear off of.
A ghoul is cut by Korisu, El Flesh releases the spent mage, and makes a new one that has 'Summon Allies' as one of its medium chaos spells - even if they get HQ level attack dice and defense
(in other words, weak as *lemony goodness*) their masses will help alot. Two more Ghouls come in the door. LEGIONS. This is what legions are.

Korisu shrugs off their attack, slashing back with a long penetration - severing the spine of the ghoul; its head drops off as it slumps to the floor.
Georgeous attacks another ghoul with his magic extending weapon from two spaces away and its guts drop right out. Georgeous shield bash is defended however.
An arrow from my mage's warped ally - skel archer hits the back of the ghoul's head. Pebbles skel kills a zombie that was stunned by the mage. Two of my mage's zombie allies pull down a ghoul!
The gold skel comes around, and a full skulls roll kills it! ("pppshhawww!!!" sez Korisu)

Korisu defends TWO attacks, but the ghoul paralyzes him. Zebs takes the head off of the ghoul.
Georgeous, at the door, decides to go down on his friends. The stairs have bones and bits of fat left over form the ghouls eating what they could find of rotting dead bodies.

He gets downstairs, and only then notices the smell - it is a Defiler! His check roll manages not to puke!

My summons run down the stairs, with zombies speeding to surround the defiler. But they have used all their action points and cannot attack.

The tentacle of the defiler in the back constricts the zombie there and it is being dragged in! A roll of 4 dmg with NO defense lets the other tentacle take the head off of the other zombie entirely! The gold skeleton is constricted too!

Zebs arrives, and barely manages not to puke - can't imagine why, since as a half-Ogre, he eats stuff comparable to the defiler anyway.
Korisu also manages not to lose his cookies, and we can't imagine why, either; being almost permanently drunk he should barf at the drop of a hat. He tries to cut the tentacle dragging gold skel but fails.
The staff attack lousy roll of El Flesh fails to do any damage...

The zombie dragged from the back is dragged into the defiler's mouth and is crushed into bones, rotten flesh, and pus. (Reminds me of someone from another website.) But his body points are added to the defiler! Now yours truly, El Flesh is constricted and being dragged into the mass! Another tentacle releases the gold skel, and crawls backwards to attack Georgeous from behind! Pebbles skel is being dragged by another tentacle!
Zebs comes to save El Flesh - he attacks the defiler, while he hears something coming from down the corridor! It must distract him, because his sword hits the ceiling! Zebs and Korisu manage not to barf. Korisu jumps on a table and does a KIAI attack - he splits it open, with vile putrescence spilling out of it, but sees that the wound is already closing. He too hears something getting closer form down the corridor! Georgeous uses his artifact weapon's 'Blessed Light' - which destroys a skeletal archer ally, but fails to harm the red skel. Pebbles skel is destroyed, while El Flesh is dragged one more space. A tentacle from the Defiler slips under the table Korisu is standing on to attack him from behind! Another tentacle smashes the red skel into bits! TWO Ghouls and a RENDER show up! It was the noise from the hall!

(sorry the pix/story are paced so badly)

Zebs goes berZERK - nine hits score on his full attack, and it destroys the Defiler entirely!

Korisu manages to kill the Render before its claws can flash out all over the place severely wounding anyone within its reach! But Zebs on Zerk has very low defense when the ghoul attacks him. Now it is his turn to fight, and six hits slices its head badly but it doesn't fall. Korisu's sword fails to harm the ghoul. His last hit goes through its ghastly smile.

Georgeous is fighting a ghoul very hard, and it is costing him chi. A shield bash smashes the ghoul into Zeb.
Gold skel fails to kill it, but Red skel succeeds.

Now it seems the legion has been destroyed. Time to look for treasure and rewards! Zebs finds a potion of well-being. Korisu finds a Katana of Armor(ous) Piercing; two of the attack die will autohit. He also rolls horribly and gets ONE piece of Copper! Georgeous finds 20 Gold pieces, and a Cloth Shirt of Strength that gives +1 to body. A Mace of Battering; -1 enemy defense die. I find 80 silver pieces and a statue worth 200 gold.

Zebs is too curious, and goes through the dug out tunnel, but is assaulted by stench again! uh oh. ZOMBIES!

Korisu searches the cabinet and finds another Katana - this one is a Duelist Katana of Storms: +2 def dice, and one skull hit makes the enemy lose 1 body point due to electricity vs its body save roll.
He also finds a Throwing Hand Ax of Storms. It is an artifact!
Georgeous finds 130 silver in the shelves, and dried foods that can replace their stuff that was spoiled with defiler guck all over it. My skels go down a hall and have the roof collapse on them. The gold one is killed and I release the red one rather than waste time digging it out. My pebbles skel defends vs THREE zombie attacks and repulses a roll of 4 ones and a two that utterly FAIL to pull him down! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They also fail to pull down Zebs, who blows away a zombie with an 8 skull overkill. A zombie stays up with the first hit from Korisu's Duelist Katana of Storms. But the electric touch of it causes the zombie head to detonate, splaying oatmeal-like congealed rotten brains everywhere. (hey that makes me think of that same jerkoff)
Georgeous crushes a zombie head into the wall. Red skel kills a zombie; pebbles kills one too. Zombie dogs jump into the fray, but fail to pull down any skels. Korisu gives Zebs the Katana of Armor (ous) Piercing. Georgeous kills another zombie. Nothing much else happens, and now Zebs of Dooooom is on the ball right away; using his leap attack, he harms one ghoul, and smashes it into the other one, making it fall. Korisu attacks a ghoul, shocking it too. Georgeous kills it.

But now we see the commander.

It Boner Slaps Korisu & Georgeous. A 9 skull hit of Korisu makes a crack on it. Georgeous fails to hurt it. The three skels cause minor damage when they hit it with SIX skulls.
My mind check roll lets me infer that this is an entity of its own; one that I can not attack on the level of weakening its hold to its body. It is a Bone Golem. Korisu hits six skulls, and it only cracks. Georgeous hurts it - it starts to wobble. I fail to harm it, while it hurts us quite severely. Zebs saves the day again, delivering the final Coup de Grace with six skulls.

Xmas gift for Beernut the DM - we got loads of fun coming up with THIS.

This is where we all visit when we aren't killing things...

Well sorry for the bad focus; I was trying different things with my camera this time - looks like I'm going back to auto settings...
So glad to be back in the saddle again! Will be even gladder next time when we have all recovered from our colds and there will be alcohol again!
Wheela!
Last edited by el_flesh on October 6th, 2013, 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: language censor added for those with the censor turned on

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!