• Advertisement

Tuesday Night HeroQuest!

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: Tuesday Night HeroQuest!

Postby whitebeard » Friday January 8th, 2016 8:49pm

I see no issue with helping the heroes find their stuff like that, if they've already been blasted down to 1BP each. Well done! Though I do fault their tactics... They should have run around until they found their stuff. In the end, it is YOUR game. And if they had fun and were supremely challenged, then I think you all won.

As I recall, my heroes opened the center room door as well but they used the hallways to retreat and got blasted mightily by that fimir as I recall. They also opened the wrong side door and I almost caught them in between the two groups / they almost had to abandon someone to certain death! But they ultimately found the room.

If my heroes had stayed to fight in the center room, I might have told them "There is nowhere to hide your weapons in this room and you do not see them anywhere." after the first turn of combat in view of the room. But I think they understood the low odds of making it through alive and that one of the other initial hallways has their weapons.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » Saturday January 9th, 2016 8:55am

To avoid the anticlimactic character deaths you can always have your character drink a healing potion, after all bad guys get potions too!
Original Campaign - Next Quest: The Fire Mage
Other Activities; Redesign of Hero Sheet to facilitate carrying limits

My House Rules

Character Sheet
Bareheaded Warrior

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday January 9th, 2016 4:03pm

Happy to see that the running orc fits the player's taste :)

I like your reports! Thanks a lot.
I think with two characters down to 1BP i would have given a hint, too.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Saturday January 9th, 2016 6:26pm

Pointless Boss.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2454

Wanna learn martial arts? Check out my youtube channel, tutorials coming soon. By far my most popular video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6BkN-3E

Gateway to higher dimensions - DMT, Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » Saturday January 9th, 2016 9:29pm

@GB - That's hardly fair. If you bothered to read Lucasdp's posts, you'd see that he has killed off several players.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Saturday January 9th, 2016 9:37pm

I did read his posts. Twoz a joke, with a semi-serious point that's directed more at the replies than to Lucusdp. ;)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Wanna learn martial arts? Check out my youtube channel, tutorials coming soon. By far my most popular video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6BkN-3E

Gateway to higher dimensions - DMT, Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Seb » Sunday January 10th, 2016 4:24am

Completely agree on upkeeping these reports, was great fun reading through the trials of the party and their adventures :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » Monday January 11th, 2016 5:48pm

Thanks for the comments, gang! |_P
I glad others agree with my choice to help out the heroes. :) As whitebeard pointed out, I don't mind killing one or two heroes per quest, but killing two or three heroes because they didn't have their equipment... Well, that's just unfair, and not very fun.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Monday January 11th, 2016 9:07pm

Illogical captain.

By that logic you could say, well I couldn't let them fight that many monsters with such low BPs because that wouldn't be very fair.

I couldn't let them take on that boss at full power with so few spells because that wouldn't be very fair.

I just had to give them a potion each after they lost a hero.

I just had let them have a reroll each turn because they were being so unlucky.

I just had to change the quest on a whim because the challenging aspect of the game that makes any game worth playing was starting to become apparent.

How are those any different from handing over their equipment because they went the wrong way? It would have been their own stupid fault for not realising that it shouldn't be that difficult so they were going the wrong way and needed to go back! :x

Imagine playing chess like that.

I know this shouldn't bug me so much but it does. :)

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Tuesday January 12th, 2016 3:01am

Peace GB! I think we all understood your point of view.

Lucas' group has fun with his style. That's the most important thing done right, I would say.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!