• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

..and the quest begins!

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

..and the quest begins!

Postby Sotiris » November 29th, 2013, 5:49 am

Yesterday i was expecting 3 friends to run a campaign according to these additions: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2057
This is a small set of heroes for players to choose when they make their characters OR they choose the figure and then create its stats.

These heroes are painted by the skillful hand of tasoe (+another new set that is almost finished and will be posted soon):

DSCN2659.JPG

But as i was setting up the game, my wife and our maid of honor decide to take part on this!! :o (they have never played before!)
3rd player delayed so they are 4 heroes now AND another 1 is coming soon (never played too)! "No problem" i said, and my friends started to explain the rules while i was replacing the figures (because now with 6 players i couldn't know which race/class would everyone prefer and my painted collection does not cover it anyway), so:
DSCN2660.JPG

1st player=Elina (my wife): Barbarossa the "seabeast slayer" (white-based dwarf) :shock: "don't confuse me with cards&skills!" she ordered "give me the max attack!". B:7 M:3, A:3 D:2, Items: broadsword, Skills: -
2nd=Mary (our maid of honor): Luminette (blue-based elf) B:5 M:5, A:1 D:2, Items: dagger+1 potion of healing, Skills: spellcasting+2 set spells (she chosen Water & Protection spells for the Trial)
3rd=Lukas (buddy): the "Chained" (black-based dwarf) B:7 M:3, A:2 D:2, Items: short sword+1 potion of healing, Skills: disarm traps
4th=Akis (buddy): Vanyar (wizard) B:3 M:7, A:1 D:2, Items:dagger, Skills: spellcasting+3 set spells (he chosen Fire/Air/Earth spells for the Trial)

I read them the UK text (it's the only exception on our US rulesystem) and i let heroes to do anything they like (to search Fellmarg's tomb, to kill Verag, or keep wandering and looting - in any case the exit is open anytime if they are wounded or exhausted).

So the white-dwarf rolled the dice..opened the door..continued and searched the corridor (the opened door tokens on corridors/rooms/furniture means that they have been searched). and she pulls a wandering monster! It appears always from the back of hero.
DSCN2666.JPG

..the orc remains unharmed and a 2nd orc appears in the room when the unlucky blue-elf searches the room..then wizard spells the magic words: Fire of Wrath!..
DSCN2669.JPG

..and the orc resists forcing the wizard to get out of the room.
The battle continues..and the 5th player Dimitris who plays the Brainless (a classic barbarian) appears in the entrance while eating chesnuts (the other players have their character sheets & cards in front of them as normal, he, the only thing he has is skins of chesnuts :lol: )
DSCN2674.JPG

I don't remember how the others involved in this situation with a wandering monster attacking the black-dwarf who was searching the furniture or white-dwarf's big trouble..but all together screamed to barbarian:"Come help us!!!"(to be continued)
DSCN2674.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: ..and the quest begins!

Postby Sotiris » November 29th, 2013, 6:11 am

:barbarian: "No! I'll go East as the text requests!" and took his own way..
DSCN2675.JPG

The battle/wandering continues and the wizard just walked with pass through rock to explore some squares. He revealed the central room and returned. The barbarian when heared about Verag he came immediately to join the party.
DSCN2676.JPG

That's me, while organising my chaos tactic! :twisted:
DSCN2678.JPG

So, after a regroup out of the room, heroes enter inside with rage to beat the beast! A nice combination here: courage on white-dwarf who has reduced :chaoswarrior: 's b.p. to 1 and Wall of Stone spell by the blue-elf to block :gargoyle: 's way!
DSCN2692.JPG

Now it's wizard's turn before mine..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » November 29th, 2013, 6:50 am

He takes the risk and gets inside! Verag is growling so loud that you think the wall will collapse!!
DSCN2694.JPG

..he whispers some ancient words...and a servitor appears behind Verag!
DSCN2695.JPG

It's the Genie! :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :whiteshield:
:gargoyle: :blackshield: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: Noooooo!!!

The rest was easy, all minions slaughtered one by one and heroes loot the room deciding to stop here the Trial (not enough body points left).
Black-dwarf sold his short sword and bought a broadsword..
DSCN2701.JPG

..and then food/tavern/rest..
DSCN2702.JPG

..until a messanger deliver'em a scroll by Mentor..elf read it and said something to other heroes about Sir-Ragnar.. |_P

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » November 29th, 2013, 7:54 am

Sweet! Cool report man, and some great pictures! Love the dragon/gargoyle ashtray or candle-holder thing :)
Keep those reports coming :D We can also post some on the HQ blog if you want :) These pics are great!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sotiris » November 29th, 2013, 8:58 am

Yes it's an ashtray! I bought it from Berlin 5 years ago..now i'm a non smoker but this ashtray will never be removed from my table!
Of course take anything you want for the blog! No problem!
We played sir-ragnar after the break. The 6th player came and i balanced the quest by adding 1 wm (but not attacking immediately). This worked perfectly considering the fact that a hero draws treasure card even in a failed trap/s.door search..
More photos coming soon!

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » November 29th, 2013, 11:11 am

Why do the figures look so much better in your photos than they do in mine? I'll have to look this up. I could pass for a much better painter if I take the appropriate photos.

Aside from that, the environment looks great for HeroQuesting.
I have to reveal to all Inn members that Sotiris has never invited my to his home for a Quest!
Maybe it's because I'm a nudist, and I always get excited when I play HeroQuest as a hero.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » November 29th, 2013, 11:34 am

tasoe wrote:Maybe it's because I'm a nudist, and I always get excited when I play HeroQuest as a hero.

okay, another one for the funny quotes topic xD
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ampersand » November 29th, 2013, 11:49 am

tasoe wrote:Why do the figures look so much better in your photos than they do in mine? I'll have to look this up. I could pass for a much better painter if I take the appropriate photos.

Aside from that, the environment looks great for HeroQuesting.
I have to reveal to all Inn members that Sotiris has never invited my to his home for a Quest!
Maybe it's because I'm a nudist, and I always get excited when I play HeroQuest as a hero.

problem most painters have i think here dude. (not the nudist part) :)
but taking photos seems to be a skill i dont have and others do. and a good picture makes all the difference

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » November 29th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Quest 2: The rescue of Sir Ragnar

The heroes party gets bigger with the addition of 6th player "Louthien". She picked the white-based elf with stats: B6 M4, A2 D2, Items: Spear+1 potion of healing, Skills: -
The spellcasters chosen the same sets and the quest begins..

..the white-dwarf gets first into the dark dungeon...the orcish smell is everywhere!
DSCN2703.JPG

Barbarian searched the torture rack but 2 wandering monsters hidden ambushing him with 1 successful attack. Then, barbarian's companions hustle to help him..
DSCN2705.JPG

After a while the party decides to go East but wizard's instict guided him to another direction..a sneaky :goblin: almost scared him and "Fire of wrath" was again his 1st spell to cast. The die scores :roll6: and my :goblin: survives from the flames!!
DSCN2712.JPG

In that room white-dwarf gets mad when he (she) sees the chest! He run to open it before any search and the poison needle hits him! His b.p reduced permanently from 5/7 to 4/6!
:barbarian: u ok?
:dwarf: yie i'm fine, go!
..and the barbarian left by rolling :roll6: :roll6:
DSCN2716.JPG

The rest of the party now goes to the southern rooms but again white-dwarf started to shout/swearing from the previous room. His sword was making noise too and that concerned the wizard who was the closest hero..
:wizard: oh-oooh! I think someone needs my healing hands..GUYS KEEP ON I'LL CATCH YOU LATER!
DSCN2726.JPG

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » November 29th, 2013, 4:22 pm

The white-dwarf after barbarian's departure searched the room and...2 orcs appeared!
DSCN2718.JPG

He fought brave killing 1 orc but he is with low b.p.!

Now, "rescue of sir-ragnar" renamed to "rescue of Barbarossa the white-dwarf"! Tempest takes place and the orc during the next round is dead..
DSCN2727.JPG

:wizard: let's rescue ragnar now ok?
:dwarf: fcourse! runn!!
DSCN2729.JPG

Meanwhile the black-dwarf as he was fighting in the room with the chest he stopped and started thinking.."maybe i should go open it instead of attacking! why not!golldd"
DSCN2730.JPG

..and my last monster in the board was so close to the miracle..to kill wizard who had 2 b.p. left! These are the dice rolls..
DSCN2731.JPG

Wizard survived with 1 b.p., sir-Ragnar rescued and we finally had a nice gaming!
3 of 6 heroes were playing hq for the 1st time..i think they liked it, they said: see you on next quest! |_P

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!