• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dark Company Custom board

Discuss the Dark Company Advanced Quest from the Advanced/Master Game Systems

Dark Company Custom board

Postby Sjeng » March 9th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Well, been photoshopping a bit, to make the 2x2 HQ boards for Dark Company more interesting.
No need for 4 boards, no need for resetting one board if you only have one, and more variety in rooms:

Gameboard-preview.jpg

Any comments on it? I might tweak it a bit more, and then I'll post a high-res version for you to print. I'll make 4 parts on A1 format, and one in 16 parts in A3 size. If you can colour print A1, that would give the nicest result.
I'm making it slightly bigger too, so the mini's fit better, but not too much, as it has to fit on a table too ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dark Company Custom board

Postby LordZeke » March 9th, 2012, 9:39 pm

might not want to use the special tiles as base... might give away a important destination.

other than that... looks great

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
LordZeke

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » March 9th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Haven't played that campaign as yet; but good PS work :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 10th, 2012, 3:39 am

I kind of randomly shuffled stuff around, so some rooms might not even be used in the game. My intention was to create a 2x2 board that could also be used for custom quests. I did however use one torture room tile for the actual torture room, and the lich lord's chamber also has a throne there in DC, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you should use it as such. It's basically just fluff to make it look more interesting and diverse.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby polymathis » March 16th, 2012, 8:49 am

Sjeng, thats awesome - it puts my 20 minute photoshop bodge job to shame!
i'll be using your version from now on!
polymathis

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 19th, 2012, 8:00 am

I'll try to finish the board soon, and post a zipped hi-res version here, ready to print. I'm gonna look for some more cool rooms to use.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Necrothug » March 19th, 2012, 9:15 am

As mentioned above, I really think you should stay away from using room specific tiles on this. By leaving everything as the more generic base tiles (or variations) it allows for the board to be used in more games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Necrothug

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » March 19th, 2012, 9:32 am

Necrothug wrote:As mentioned above, I really think you should stay away from using room specific tiles on this. By leaving everything as the more generic base tiles (or variations) it allows for the board to be used in more games.

I have to agree with this.

Also I know my players would be looking at the map and use player knowledge. Especialy Tracey. That dude just can't help it. We are always admonishing him.
Infact I made him develop his last character with a high level of Monster Knowledge (We play a skills bassed system.) just so I wouldn't have to be constantly monitoring his play and checking game notes to be sure he isn't flubbing it again. :roll:
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » April 1st, 2012, 5:57 am

I imagine this must make the game really seamless, which is great. As for player knowledge, I love the first quest "The bad guy is in the middle room!!"
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 1st, 2012, 3:03 pm

well, if we're honest, the center room is almost ALWAYS a point of interest. So I don't care if there's a different tile pre-printed. Keeps the board more interesting to me. Which reminds me I need to finish the damn thing already :P

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to The Dark Company