• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Inked Adventures Geomorph Tiles contest!

Topics and Polling Stations for Previous Contests.

Re: Inked Adventures Geomorph Tiles contest!

Postby TMU » August 1st, 2013, 3:44 am

To the blog!
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » August 1st, 2013, 11:09 pm

Here's a link to larger picture:

It shows how pressed for time I was--no sleep that night. Only some of the tiles were edged in black. This contest was great because it provided the motivation to do the work for a cool retro tile set. Thanks, Sjeng, and thanks Billiam B! Now if I can only figure how to get Taiwanese printers to not reduce the print size to fit A3 paper, then I may end up buying some of his other stuff and finally get to some of the Games Workshop tiles. (Easier said than done.)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 2nd, 2013, 2:14 am

Daedalus wrote:Here's a link to larger picture:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7408/9411318743_0f4ab85757_o.jpg

It shows how pressed for time I was--no sleep that night. Only some of the tiles were edged in black. This contest was great because it provided the motivation to do the work for a cool retro tile set. Thanks, Sjeng, and thanks Billiam B! Now if I can only figure how to get Taiwanese printers to not reduce the print size to fit A3 paper, then I may end up buying some of his other stuff and finally get to some of the Games Workshop tiles. (Easier said than done.)

I only wished more people had entered... Oh well...

Wait, there are GW tiles??? I know about D&D WotC tiles, but GW?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » August 2nd, 2013, 11:56 am

Looks great Daedalus! I wanted to join this contest, but my printer doesn't like black&white (black toner doesn't distribute properly anymore) and I've been seriously pressed for time this past month.

It's been tough to get people to participate in contests here at the Inn. Our first (and as-of-yet, only) Quest contest only saw two entrants. Hopefully the next one will get better response. (looking at September)

Much thanks to Sjeng for running the contest and trying his best to gain more support for our blog. Keep at it. It takes time, but eventually things will pick up. Just like the rest of the Inn did.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » August 2nd, 2013, 5:23 pm

I would've entered, but I have a lot of trouble printing tiles and similar items off on my printer, and plus
these last couple of weeks have been rough...back to my old schedule of going to work and coming home
to take care of the kids all day, then sleep and repeat.

If I see a contest like this again, I'll try to enter.

For what it is worth - I love those tiles.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 3rd, 2013, 2:06 am

The contest is over, and we had two entries! Go check them out here.
Announcing the winner!!!

First prize, a full set of Inked Adventures Large Hand Drawn Geomorph Tiles goes to: IvenBach!
Second prize, a full set of Inked Adventures Modular Dungeon Cut-out Sections, Basic set, goes to: Daedalus!

Congratulations to both, and thanks for participating! Don't hesitate to blog about your dungeon adventures with your new tilesets!

Extra prize courtesy of Billiam Babble ;) we couldn't decide lol.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 5th, 2013, 1:33 am

Sjeng wrote:Wait, there are GW tiles??? I know about D&D WotC tiles, but GW?

I was referring to the tiles from Advanced Heroquest, Mighty Warriors, and the Dungeon Floorplans series. You already have the AHQ set. The Mighty Warriors set was the original source for some of the AHQ tiles (I believe). Some of the Dungeon Floorplans aren't that great, but others have the AHQ look. Some are lined in 1 inch squares, some are not. I'll try to PM ya soon.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 5th, 2013, 2:27 am

Aha. Well, I have the Mighty Warriors set. Don't know about the dungeon floorplans though. Thanks :)
Did you get your code?

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » August 8th, 2013, 1:19 am

Yeah, I got the code, thanks. Next is the PM, but that will take some time.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby IvenBach » August 11th, 2013, 11:19 pm

I figured I'd enter the contest to support Sjeng. Well, at the time I didn't see anyone else enter and figured with only 1 contestant the odds were stacked heavily in my favor. Anybody like the wizards viewpoint?

I've looked over the tiles and they are nice. The even and odd tiles are mirror images. That took me a while to figure out... I'll get some more printed and see how it goes. From my initial venture into the contest I'm going to want to put them on thicker heavier weight paper. The GM Note sheets were a nice touch in my opinion. It showed the whole room in the top right allowing for the rest of the page to be filled with notes and nasty traps with whatnot else. I'll enter and submit as far as contests go. If things go my way I may be able to offer up a prize or two for a contest, if things pan out like I hope.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Contests