• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Want one!

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Want one!

Postby Gronkthefat » February 18th, 2009, 9:55 am

I've always thought this expansion looks great but unforntunately it (and the elf pack) were never released in the UK and I'm am desperate to get a copy of it if at all possible. Been checking ebay but the only versions that come up for sale are missing most of the pieces.

If anybody here know of any copies (of either) that anyone is willing to sell and ship to the UK I been very, very greatful.
Following the adventures of Baz (Barb), Earl the Drunk (Elf), Ronald Thundergrip (Dwarf) and St. Gary the Third (Wiz) with an evil watchful eye!
Gronkthefat

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Want one!

Postby drathe » February 18th, 2009, 12:20 pm

I see full sets go on eBay all the time. Trouble is, they always end up going for over $300US (often around $500). Unless there's a re-release at some point (doubtful) I can only see these prices remaining high. They do tend to hover around the $200-250US mark by September. Winter and Spring is always when they are highest.

The Miniatures are the real draw in those sets. The tiles and cards are nice to have authentic versions of too, but new miniatures that are really cool and can fit nicely into fan quests is just something in itself.

I've only yet had the opportunity to play Heroes through the three solo quests in each pack. I played them both at the same time on two boards so I didn't have to temporarily break up my group at the time. Which was convenient since I only had two players who each played two Heroes. It just so happened that neither played both the Barbarian and Elf.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gronkthefat » February 19th, 2009, 5:49 am

I'd probably pay ~$200 for a full(ish) set, those miniatures look sweet. Guess I'll just have to keep my eye's open. Cheers for the info.
Following the adventures of Baz (Barb), Earl the Drunk (Elf), Ronald Thundergrip (Dwarf) and St. Gary the Third (Wiz) with an evil watchful eye!
Gronkthefat

Postby HeroQuestFrance » January 11th, 2010, 9:56 am

I got mines on ebay 8 years ago at 150$ each but now it's hell to buy one.
I wish you good luck, I'm sure you will have it. (it are the best expansion packs)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 12th, 2011, 4:15 pm

I did not know that the Barbarian and Elf solo quest packs were only released in USA. No wonder there going high.

Barbarian Solo Quest Frozen Horror

I have seen many on ebay there is 1 at the moment from belguim it says 100% complete, £140 with 7 days left shipped from UK
There is also another one from USA £126 roughly with 2 days left there are some good figures aswell from USA but they are individual, they are willing to ship to UK i think.

There is also another from Italy £300 Buy It Now, £17 delivery and 19 days left.

This page will take you to the exact page of Buying Barbarian Solo Quest: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=hero+quest+barbarian+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Elf Solo Quest Mage of the Mirror

There is one from Italy for £450 (woah lots of money) Buy It Now, it is sealed which is very rare. 20 days left with £17 delivery.

There is one from Belguim £205 at the moment, 10 bids, so far. 7 days left with £15 delivery.

There is one from Canada incomplete fo £28 at the moment with 3 days left. As I am in the UK the delivery is not specified.

This is the page that has the Elf Quest on it: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=hero+quest+elf&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

I hope this helped. :D

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! :)

Pugahla_272 :P
Look for my signature below
Look for my signature above
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 13th, 2011, 10:46 am

This is all from Ebay.

Barbarian Solo Quest Pack Frozen Horror

From Belguim £170, 16 bids and £15 delivery with 7 days left. 100% complete.

From Italy £300 Buy It Now with £15 delivery and 18 days left.

From USA the Frozen Horror figures are going in about 10 mins so you better get a move on if you want them. Some for £3-4, some for £9 and there is one for £19 at the moment.

There is one from USA for £126 with £22.25 delivery and 1 day and 8 hours left. It has 14 bids.

This is the link for the Barbarian: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=hero+quest+barbarian&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Elf Solo Quest Pack Mage Of The Mirror

There is one from Italy for £450 Buy It Now, IT IS SEALED. Delivery is £17. 19 days left.

There is one from Belguim £205, 8 bids and £15 dellivery with 7 days and 4 hours left.

From Canada there is one for £28, 10 bids with 2 days and 10 hours left. As I am in the UK the delivery is not specified. INCOMPLETE

This is the link for Elf: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=hero+quest+elf&_sacat=0&_odkw=hero+quest+barbarian&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby octovian » February 13th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Over 600 USD!? Outrageous prices....wish they could sell it complete cheap.
octovian

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » February 13th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Well. For me, the figures are not all that cool. Secondly, all of the counters and quests can be downloaded from right here.
I just don't think it's worth the ridiculous sum.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 15th, 2011, 1:22 pm

I hoped my info was useful so it was not a complete waste of my time.

Does anyone now how to contact MB Games??? :p

I might send a message telling them to release some more Hero Quests for a couple of years

this way we might be able to buy all, some or as many as we would like of the expansions, original board game and advanced.

If anyone knows how to contact MB Games, can you please tell me :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thanks to all.
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 15th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Contact info is on the Hasbro Website of your region. Good luck.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to The Frozen Horror