• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ice Tunnel placement question

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Ice Tunnel placement question

Postby Hogg » August 14th, 2022, 2:55 am

I have a question about when to place the Ice Tunnel tiles on the board when playing as Zargon. Do you place them like normal furniture when a player opens a door to a room? Or are they hidden traps a player must step on to discover?

I thought they were hidden, unsearchable traps. To me, it looks like they are shown being the same color as the wandering monster traps and Slippery Ice tiles. The rulebook says for traps with that color shading they can not be seen or detected by searching.

When I played with the app, it placed the Ice Tunnel tiles as soon as I opened the door to a room that had them in it. It also seems like some of them wouldn't be found otherwise because they are in places a player is unlikely to pass through.

I'm not sure which way it is intended to be.
Hogg

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ice Tunnel placement question

Postby HispaZargon » August 14th, 2022, 2:52 pm

Hogg wrote:I thought they were hidden, unsearchable traps. To me, it looks like they are shown being the same color as the wandering monster traps and Slippery Ice tiles. The rulebook says for traps with that color shading they can not be seen or detected by searching.

Sorry, that's not true. Both classic and remake editions of Frozen Horror questbook show the Ice Tunnels icon with same colour as furniture and similar items, not as any trap, so according to this and what the Ice Tunnel rules say, I think it is clear that those tunnel tiles must be placed in the board following the same placement rules as furniture, like the Hasbro App does.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: EspaƱol
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Ice Tunnel placement question

Postby TheLastChaosWarrior » August 14th, 2022, 4:52 pm

Yes that's right, place when the room is activated.
They are still in essence like a trap as although you can see it, when you land on it first time, you don't know where it's going to take you, so they are quite a threat.
TheLastChaosWarrior

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Return to The Frozen Horror