• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Extrapolating ICE SPELLS set from BQP Spell Scrolls

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Re: Extrapolating ICE SPELLS set from BQP Spell Scrolls

Postby lestodante » February 19th, 2023, 8:04 am

cornixt wrote:Probably because 99% of people share their stuff for free to benefit the community

They share stuff featuring pictures stealed from someone's elses work and other games, no permission was asked to the authors and this is still a copyright infringment. It also costs nothing to them.
Even the banner where you can read "Ice Spell" on my cards was commissioned and redrawn by an artist. Game mechanics can't be subjected to copyrights instead (there is an international sentence for this).
In the past I've commissioned and shared with the community a lot of original contents, some examples are the cards for the 3 Dave Morris novels, cards for the 3 semi-official Brazilian questpacks, Level 2 of the elemental spells plus the Wizard staves, vintage versions for the Druid spells, Bard spells and other stuff. I shared all for free but I had a cost to produce them. Please name other users that did this, because I can't remember any. The only exception is Anderas, with who I shared the costs of the artwork for his Temple deck.

cornixt wrote:You're the outlier, and if you fail to tell people up front then they are going to make assumptions.

This is why I am not posting my custom stuff on forums anymore but this was an old post from 2021. I guess is bad to go back and delete my previous topics (some forums don't even allow to delete posts).

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Previous

Return to The Frozen Horror