• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Surviving the Solo Quests: Xanon Pass

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Re: Surviving the Solo Quests: Xanon Pass

Postby Maurice76 » December 12th, 2018, 12:07 pm

wallydubbs wrote:Huh... that's odd. I could've sworn I read it somewhere that a hero stuck in the Yeti hug could still attack the Yeti only if he has a dagger... now I'm looking through the quest booklet but now I'm not finding it. It's not even in Phoenix's version...
In the hug you're too close to swing a sword, but when you're this close and personal a dagger seems reasonable... I'm house ruling it.

It was one of the things suggested in how the Yeti's ability could be altered to make it survivable for solo characters - like the ones for whom these first quests are intended :P. There wasn't an official ruling that allowed for this.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby wallydubbs » December 12th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Alright, thanks. That's the way I've been playing. I've even been adding a dagger in Chest A for the Female Barbarian's inevitable confrontation with the yeti.
Like I said, house ruling it.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » December 12th, 2018, 1:33 pm

wallydubbs wrote:Alright, thanks. That's the way I've been playing. I've even been adding a dagger in Chest A for the Female Barbarian's inevitable confrontation with the yeti.
Like I said, house ruling it.

I like the effort that being taken here on these forums to balance it :). If it's solid by the time me and my playgroup get there (yet to start, though :P, although it's been 2 months since we finished Star Quest), I will use those ideas and suggestions. Otherwise I am going to stick (pun intended :P) with the Dagger option for body-to-body-melee :P.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » December 12th, 2018, 4:34 pm

Maurice76 wrote:I like the effort that being taken here on these forums to balance it :). If it's solid by the time me and my playgroup get there (yet to start, though :P, although it's been 2 months since we finished Star Quest), I will use those ideas and suggestions. Otherwise I am going to stick (pun intended :P) with the Dagger option for body-to-body-melee :P.

I'd stick with the dagger option regardless, from my experience after playing the past few weekends, there's plenty of corrections needed and a lot of Healing potions.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » December 12th, 2018, 6:33 pm

The Admiral wrote:...it is clearly virtually impossible to complete these quests with a single new Barbarian, something went wrong...

I guess ALL the expansion packs should be played AFTER the Heroes have finished the basic game, so they have already some equiment (Spirit Blade, Borin's Armour..) and extra money. So, again: "don't send a boy to make a man's job!!!"
It is like you are a newbie in MMA fighting and already want to fight against the actual MMA Champion. You need to start from the basic and only once after aquiring more skills you can go on and face stronger enemies.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » December 13th, 2018, 4:06 am

I just simulated entering the quest with a group of orcs. Well. The software can't handle it yet, too many orcish mercenaries needed. :lol:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » December 13th, 2018, 7:13 am

Anderas wrote:I just simulated entering the quest with a group of orcs. Well. The software can't handle it yet, too many orcish mercenaries needed. :lol:

What stats do you give the orcs? Same as normal orcs?

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » December 13th, 2018, 8:37 am

wallydubbs wrote:
Anderas wrote:I just simulated entering the quest with a group of orcs. Well. The software can't handle it yet, too many orcish mercenaries needed. :lol:

What stats do you give the orcs? Same as normal orcs?

Yes :D :lol: At 15 Hero figures, my simulation stopped working. I'll have to make an update. Some day. Later. :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » December 13th, 2018, 9:42 am

It seems like there would be a space issue... have you modified the board?

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » December 13th, 2018, 10:18 am

No. I simulated that only a few orcs could enter the room each turn.
Concretely, the first turn I allowed 1-3 Orcs to enter, depending on the space situation in the room,
the second and subsequent turns I allowed 2-6 Orcs to fight, again depending on the furniture/monster situation.

So they were going into the rooms like the enemies of Jackie Chan, one new each time one was down. :lol:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Frozen Horror