Failed to playtest

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Re: Failed to playtest

Postby The Admiral » Monday April 29th, 2019 11:07am

Pancho wrote:Going by the 3/2/2 configuration the WQP maybe would have had 3 ratmen/2 minotaurs/2 Centaurs (a very "bestial" kind of theme). Boss or bosses unknown.

I went 3 Giant Spiders, 2 Ratmen, 2 Minotaurs. Having no Centaur minis was a factor!
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » Monday April 29th, 2019 11:24am

Pancho wrote:[I'd never considered that they might have re-used the 4 Evil wizards, interesting. Morcar already brought them back to life for the 5th quest so I suppose he could do it again.

Although they would be the same figures, I envisage them being different characters using existing and some new NA Chaos spells.
3 Wizard Solo quests, 4 Evil Wizard Quests, Double Big Boss quest, and 1 other? this is just my own intuition of course.
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » Monday April 29th, 2019 4:27pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sabertooth Tigers were just an alternate option to Giant Wolves, though I can't remember his exact words, I do believe he used the word "Instead". Just the same, Sabertooth Tigers seem like they'd be more inclined to be part of the Barbarian Quest Pack, which seems to have more of an Ice Age feel.

I didn't ask about Giant Spiders and Rat Men (Skaven?) nor were they ever brought up. But one would assume the RatMen go with a Dwarf pack as they both seem like they'd be Tunnel Dwellers.

I do recall one other thing he said in regards to the Wizard quest pack: he said his boss was very disappointed in how the cards came out and that he wished he had Kueker make them instead but it was too late. So if anyone ever gets to see this mythical Wizard's Quest Pack, the drawing on the cards aren't up to par.
wallydubbs

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)

Postby lestodante » Tuesday April 30th, 2019 7:25pm

The Admiral wrote:3 Wizard Solo quests, 4 Evil Wizard Quests, Double Big Boss quest, and 1 other? this is just my own intuition of course.

And the last one should be a 2 heroes quest, male and female wizard together!

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Wednesday May 1st, 2019 3:35am

lestodante wrote:
The Admiral wrote:3 Wizard Solo quests, 4 Evil Wizard Quests, Double Big Boss quest, and 1 other? this is just my own intuition of course.

And the last one should be a 2 heroes quest, male and female wizard together!

Well I envisaged the last quest as the big boss double quest. Where the 'extra' quest comes in I've no idea? In my pack I made it a single semi-group quest (Quest 4) with all the other Heroes apart from the Wizard, who is off doing his solo stuff. The 3 Heroes have to find a weapon capable of slaying the Big Boss (Balur in my pack).
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » Wednesday May 1st, 2019 7:36am

Just as the Elf Quest Pack added certain spells for the Elf, the Wizard Quest pack probably would've had more spell sets for the Wizard... or at least extensions to the original spells.
wallydubbs

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Re: Failed to The 30 cards will be as follows: 3 Monster car

Postby The Admiral » Wednesday May 1st, 2019 10:53am

wallydubbs wrote:Just as the Elf Quest Pack added certain spells for the Elf, the Wizard Quest pack probably would've had more spell sets for the Wizard... or at least extensions to the original spells.

Yeah, I had 9 in my 30 card set:
3 Monster cards - Minotaur, Giant Spider and Skaven Assasin.
4 Chaos spells - Spirit of Vengeance, Blinding Sleet, Skull of Doom and Wall of Flame.
9 Wizard spells - Magic Portal, Battle Rage, Lightning Bolt, Soothing Breeze, Petrify, Fireburst, Strands of Binding, Shield of Protection and Treasure Water of Life.
7 Artifacts - Stone of Knowledge, Wizards Bracers, Runic Torque, Fiery Blade, Protection Scroll, Magic Darts Scroll and Restoration scroll.
7 Treasure cards - 2 x Magical Trap, 2 x Potion of Magical Aptitude, 2 x Potion of Magical Fire Resistance and Nothing!
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » Wednesday May 1st, 2019 3:20pm

Interesting, are the spells extensions from the element spells or are they strictly "Wizard Spells"? Also, what do they and the artifacts do?

Do the monsters have any special abilities?
wallydubbs

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Postby The Admiral » Wednesday May 1st, 2019 3:34pm

They are pure Wizard spells with no elemental connection.

If you go to the thread about halfway down page 3 of 'Quests and Questpacks' you can see details of the monsters and potions.
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to The Frozen Horror