• Advertisement

Polar Warbear double attack

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Re: Polar Warbear double attack

Postby mitchiemasha » Wednesday March 13th, 2019 10:27pm

2015! a big step back in time.

knightkrawler wrote:Because you consider the PWB rule to overrule the game system's instruction manual?

Yes... Always but I retracted my original comment.

I'm loving the idea of choosing to block the 1st or the 2nd. and yes... as written, the first Hit would auto trigger defence. BUT! How rare would the Polar Bear miss?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Postby Count Mohawk » Wednesday March 13th, 2019 10:38pm

A Polar Warbear miss, with its 4 dice, will only happen 6% of the time.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Thursday March 14th, 2019 5:15am

Commenting on The Admiral's statement...

I don't think the PWB gets to roll 8 dice in one attack. It pretty clearly states can perform 2 attacks. So it is 4 then 4 against one Hero or 4 then 4 against 2 Heroes.

I like the option of defending the first or second but remember the PWB doesn't have to tell who his 2nd attack is going after until he is going to roll it. The Hero won't know if it will also be aimed at him, so not really giving him that option to choose.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » Thursday March 14th, 2019 5:25am

Count Mohawk wrote:A Polar Warbear miss, with its 4 dice, will only happen 6% of the time.

To be precise (for the math lovers among us :P): each die has a chance of 50% to roll a Skull, 50% to roll something else. The chance to roll at least 1 Skull is equal to 100% minus the chance to roll no Skulls at all. With a chance of 50% (i.e. 0.5) for each die to come up with a "non-Skull", the chance of two dice equals 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 to yield no Skull. For three dice, that's 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.125 and for four, the result is 0.0625. Or as Count Mohawk stated, 6.25% chance that the Polar Warbear rolls no Skulls at all during its attack an as such, 93.75% chance to roll at least 1 Skull.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby arch8ngel » Thursday March 14th, 2019 9:32am

Maurice76 wrote:
Count Mohawk wrote:A Polar Warbear miss, with its 4 dice, will only happen 6% of the time.

To be precise (for the math lovers among us :P): each die has a chance of 50% to roll a Skull, 50% to roll something else. The chance to roll at least 1 Skull is equal to 100% minus the chance to roll no Skulls at all. With a chance of 50% (i.e. 0.5) for each die to come up with a "non-Skull", the chance of two dice equals 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 to yield no Skull. For three dice, that's 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.125 and for four, the result is 0.0625. Or as Count Mohawk stated, 6.25% chance that the Polar Warbear rolls no Skulls at all during its attack an as such, 93.75% chance to roll at least 1 Skull.

They were definitely feeling a bit sadistic when they cooked up the Rule Clarification that goes along with that one.

Especially coupled with the 6 body points.

Good thing healing potions are auto-consumed and don't require actions!
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Previous

Return to The Frozen Horror