• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Need HD SCAN !!! HELP !

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Need HD SCAN !!! HELP !

Postby gravaillon » Wednesday February 8th, 2012 6:31am

I'm working actually on the french translation of the frozen horror in a european look way. All the documents will be in high quality 300 dpi, ready to print in the european format. But there is a problem, it is impossible to find a great scan of the illustration of the box... Months and Months of searching around the net, and I have just find low res pictures... Which is unusable for my HD WorK.

So, can someone in the community help me and scan the booklet, or the box if they have that? I need at least a 300 dpi scan, 600 dpi scan will be very great !

Thanks for help (later I will need the same for mage of the mirror, so if you have that too... ;) )
Thanks anyway...
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Need HD SCAN !!! HELP !

Postby Goblin-King » Wednesday February 8th, 2012 9:27am

Seems this question fits well in this thread, so sorry for HJ'ing...
I've been looking for some high res versions of the cards (or just the pictures) from the US expansions. Does some exist online?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Wednesday February 8th, 2012 10:02am

ha - goblin-king, you're such a vulture.

Sorry - I don't have that one. If I stumble across a good picture of it, though, I'll let you know.

just out of curiosity - the pictures they have on Ye Olde Inn aren't high quality or high res for you?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Wednesday February 8th, 2012 11:28am

Disclaimer: There is a chance it's just me who don't know what the fun I'm doing!

Those I found seem to suffer somewhat from being compressed... you know, that jpg fuzzyness. Especially the colored backs.
Also I can't get the pictures in up in the size I want without them getting pixelated.
I have the best expirence with printing pictures by having them bigger than the actual printing size.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Wednesday February 8th, 2012 1:24pm

gravaillon wrote:600 dpi scan will be very great !

I will send them to you.

Goblin-King wrote:I've been looking for some high res versions of the cards (or just the pictures) from the US expansions. Does some exist online?

The card images on the homepage are 300dpi. Even with that resolution, the compression shouldn't degrade the quality to a point the human eye can actually see. However, some printers, especially ink printers may not do justice to the job. If you wish higher resolution scans in an uncompressed .tif format, I can scan them. It will take some time. Let me know the order of the expansions you would like and I'll send them to you one at a time.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby gravaillon » Wednesday February 8th, 2012 2:18pm

drathe wrote:
gravaillon wrote:600 dpi scan will be very great !

I will send them to you.

Goblin-King wrote:I've been looking for some high res versions of the cards (or just the pictures) from the US expansions. Does some exist online?

The card images on the homepage are 300dpi. Even with that resolution, the compression shouldn't degrade the quality to a point the human eye can actually see. However, some printers, especially ink printers may not do justice to the job. If you wish higher resolution scans in an uncompressed .tif format, I can scan them. It will take some time. Let me know the order of the expansions you would like and I'll send them to you one at a time.

Thanks a lot drathe (again ! :mrgreen: )
For the cards, it's great, I had taken all the scans from this site, and they are in great quality ! Large enough for what I expected for. I have just printed the booklet of the frozen horror in european format and translated in french by me and it's wonderful ! Very look like the original one I think (I have never seen the quest pack for real, like a lot of HQ Fans I think).

For now, all I need is really the High res scan of the cover box (to get the illustration to put it on the cover of the booklet and also for making a great box !). I also need cover box for the elf quest pack, wizards of morcar and against the ogre horde. If you can do that, it will be great !!! I also need the password of your pdf tiles for all expansion if it is possible :oops:

Anyway, all your help would be very appreciate! I think that it is very sad that french players has just 3 of the 7 quest pack, translated in french (even on your site)... My project is to give them all in french (french translated US version of all quest pack, because the US version is very more complete and interesting !) and send them to you for you make them available on all of the french pages of the site... That will be a great gift to the french fan I think...

For your scan, a JPG in 300 dpi (max quality) will certainly be enough because I don't want to have a Giga file too heavy for my hard disk...

Once again, thanks to you a lot !
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday February 9th, 2012 1:48pm

gravaillon wrote:I also need the password of your pdf tiles for all expansion if it is possible

The files cannot be unlocked. They are secured beyond passwords. Let me know what you would like for your work and I will assist you with resources.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Thursday February 9th, 2012 2:13pm

That would be very appreciated! Actually I would like you to start out with the base-set chaos spells.

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to The Frozen Horror