• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Yeti in soloquest = instadeath

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Re: Yeti in soloquest = instadeath

Postby LucaRocks » October 25th, 2023, 12:22 pm

I was mulling over the idea of the Yeti doing his hug thing and then walking away from the heroes into a group of monsters for protection. Or past some traps/ice hazards which the heroes would have to go through to save their friend. Mostly a homebrew idea. Not sure if there's a possible situation like that in the actual Expansion.
LucaRocks

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » October 25th, 2023, 3:33 pm

My advice to any Hero concerned about yeti instadeath. Don't go alone.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » October 25th, 2023, 11:43 pm

LucaRocks wrote:I was mulling over the idea of the Yeti doing his hug thing and then walking away from the heroes into a group of monsters for protection. Or past some traps/ice hazards which the heroes would have to go through to save their friend. Mostly a homebrew idea. Not sure if there's a possible situation like that in the actual Expansion.

Now I picture the Yeti deliberately "pushing" (or pulling I suppose) the hugged hero through trap squares, dealing further damage. If he falls into a pit does he break the hold? (or does the Yeti keep him suspended above the pit? All this time I've presumed the two don't occupy the same square, but adjacent squares (monsters don't spring traps and normally are not harmed by them, though a monster in a pit defends and attacks with one less).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » October 26th, 2023, 4:55 am

Kurgan wrote:
LucaRocks wrote:I was mulling over the idea of the Yeti doing his hug thing and then walking away from the heroes into a group of monsters for protection. Or past some traps/ice hazards which the heroes would have to go through to save their friend. Mostly a homebrew idea. Not sure if there's a possible situation like that in the actual Expansion.

Now I picture the Yeti deliberately "pushing" (or pulling I suppose) the hugged hero through trap squares, dealing further damage. If he falls into a pit does he break the hold? (or does the Yeti keep him suspended above the pit? All this time I've presumed the two don't occupy the same square, but adjacent squares (monsters don't spring traps and normally are not harmed by them, though a monster in a pit defends and attacks with one less).

Yes, Hero down the pit and yeti above so no longer hugged. Falling Block would allow the Hero to step away after taking damage thus breaking the hug. Spear trap would just hit or miss and the Hero would remain hugged.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TheLastChaosWarrior » January 6th, 2024, 4:55 pm

I've been playing this pack on the app.
I have a few things that make me dislike the quest.
The solo quest with the yeti. Laughable.
I played it my companion wolf, who helped a bit, but then died, and left me helpless against the Yeti.
Luckily I started with a kitted out Barb, so he used his crossbow by continually running around the board and shooting the smiling hugger when the app left him in a silly place.
The stupid trap tiles introduced in this quest, nice in theory against Heros, and I like the themes of them, but they are insta death for the mercenaries.??
Obviously not play tested. I ended up ignoring them as being stupidly unfair.
Wandering monsters! Two of this and three of that? Really. Two Warbears????? Seriously, WTF.
And the monster locations on the map!! Too many rooms of just Gremlins, or all Yetis or all Warbears.
If these had been mixed up a bit with other monsters, it wouldn't make the Warbears and Yetis so insanely deadly.
3bp for the Gremlins? Again, really?
Actually, 5 and 6bp for the Yetis and Warbears is too much as well, esp when you consider how sprightly they are at moving (8/6).
Not impressed so far with the pack.
Got the last quest to do, and as it's a two partner, I'm leaving a whole day to get it done.
I see if I go back to to a previous stage on this one, all previously destroyed monsters re appear!!!!
Can't wait!!!!
TheLastChaosWarrior

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Previous

Return to The Frozen Horror