• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wizard Quest Pack Preview

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Wizard Quest Pack Preview

Postby Big Bene » Saturday September 10th, 2011 10:02am

I don't fear the knight Kadosh. 8-)
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Big Bene » Saturday September 10th, 2011 10:06am

As for Gandalf, don't forget he isn't human. He's a Maya, just as Sauron or the Balrog. Not fair to compare a HQ wizard to him.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Monday September 12th, 2011 5:25pm

Not too sure if Sauron and the Balrog still qualified as Maiar after their corruption. I may be splitting hairs, but they are more like ex-maiar (demons). Gandalf is a Maia of the Maiar, as is Melian. Like you say, he is more than a match for a HQ Wizard. Radagast makes for a better opponent, I'd say. Like Gandalf, he's of the order of 5 Wizards sent to Middle-earth, but it isn't certain he is a maia. It's doubtful that Radagast, who spent his time communing with beasts, would be a match for a Balrog. Gandalf: "You shall not pass!" Radagast: "Tweet-tweet!"
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Tuesday April 30th, 2019 6:39am

This is the mystery quest I was talking about. It looks really interesting, and was apparently 75% complete back in 2011, but as Sadkitchen hasn't been on this site since 2016, and there had been no progress up to that point, it seems that this is dead in the water. Shame, because the quest had potential with the Book of Eclipses that had to be given to Mentor, and the Tome of Earth Magic. I wonder how that worked? I presume there would be other magical tomes; very appropriate for a Wizard quest. There were some great cards made as well with lots of interesting spell sets and new henchmen.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Adventurer's Guild