• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

SKAVEN QUEST PACK

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: SKAVEN QUEST PACK

Postby ken » July 11th, 2011, 4:57 am

So what happened to these quests :?: I have this new sewer board, so need some skaven quests :!: Are these white dwarf jobbies on line :?: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby el_flesh » July 11th, 2011, 8:53 am

ken...since it's a sewer and you say they fell in the sheeyitte, I think you should trip on down to your local joke shop and get some fake doggie doo-doo. Then when your grandson (or son, hopefully he doesn't read this until it's too late) falls in it again, you can put the fake dog poop on the board and place the figure on it!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

I think I'll get one for Beernut and tell him to hide it in his pocket until he makes a game where the same thing can happen!!!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » July 11th, 2011, 9:03 am

Go for it :!: :!: Don't tell the crew 'til after the event. Let us know how they take it :!: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » July 11th, 2011, 11:18 am

if you need a skaven quest, download my quest generator program ! You can easily play without Game master... Just say to the program which type of monster you want to put in the dungeon, how many, you can also choose the furniture you want to put, the traps, the doors, secret doors...etc. The program generate the dungeon in realtime... So you play when the program is running.

It's very easy to use, even if it's just in french for now... You can use the advanced Hq modular board game (if you have it) or just the classic HQ boardgame to play... Try it !!!

Download it here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z7O69S70
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » July 12th, 2011, 7:56 am

Well, on the road again !
I begin to work on the questbook now !!!
Be patient guys, I will soon post the 3 first quests ...
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » July 12th, 2011, 10:12 am

Big Bene wrote:
Ethica wrote:A friend of mine say the pied piper of hamelin is a cautionary tale about paedophiles,

That's rediculous. It's widely accepted that the tale refers to a historical icident when a great number of children/young people vanished - e. g. to join the children's crusade or simply dieing of the plague.
Wikipedia:
The theory with the broadest support[6] is that the children willingly abandoned their parents and Hamelin in order to become the founders of their own villages during the colonization of Eastern Europe. Several European villages and cities founded around this time have been suggested as the result of their efforts as settlers. This claim is supported by corresponding placenames in both the region around Hamelin and the eastern colonies where names such as Querhameln ("mill village Hamelin") exist. Again the Piper is seen as their leader.

In those times there were unscrupulous Lords that wanted to create new industry. They accomplished this by luring children of poor families for work in new towns that they started for this purpose. The children were so far removed from their families that they had no way to return. This was important, as the children were exploited by the Lords rather than being given the promised life. Place-names and the names of the new inhabitants of the region support this.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 12th, 2011, 10:53 am

Besides the flute, another characteristic of the Pied Piper is his clothing. Pied refers to a colorful patchwork. Perhaps this remarkable clothing could be another artifact that relates to his origins. Could the Piper be a skaven in disguise? Who better to wear a patchwork of clothing? He could be an outcast out for revenge against his former brethren, or a spy sent to undermine the Empire.

If a Nimh skaven, he could originally be out to thwart an evil skaven plot. After the corrupt Empire official balks on the payment, the Nimh morality of the Piper causes him to lead the children away from such corrupt humans into an underground promised-land.

Enter the beastmen (allies of the evil skaven) to require a Hero rescue for the children. The lame child of the original story can be rescued and report the happenings. Next rescue the Piper, then learn the whereabouts of the doomed children.

Other things I'd like to see: A captured mountain lion or wolf befriends the Barbarian or Elf. What fun for the rescued pet to chew up the rats! A re-occurring skaven villain should be included to link the first story arc with the beastmen. Also, the Heroes could be given a chance to make right and pay the piper. Such altruism should be rewarded with an artifact.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » July 12th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Daedalus, I like the idea of the Heroes having some animals to help them ! For now, I have finished the 4 first quests. I have entered them in the game master program (more easy for testing them). I have decided to use a very few new tiles (perhaps just one square tiles for grid or water). I use the classic board too. I have also decided to add lizard men and beastmen and also night goblins. Sorry for guys who haven't got extra figures, but you can easily replace night goblins by simple goblins, lizardmen by fimirs & beastmen by... Ogre perhaps?

The campaign isn't linear. You have the choice of the way you want to use (hard or more subtile). For example, in the first quest, there is too different ways to finish the quest : you can flee so you go after to the quest 2, or you can hardly fight and if you win you go to quest 3. Then you will find more challenge in quest 3 and more objects and gold too.

These 4 first quests just presents the why of the quest. The heroes must go under Middenheim, city of the white wolf (it cames from warhammer roleplaying game), to the sewer to find the skaven lair that is well hidden. They will find the lair in quest 4. So they will understand that skaven are too many and too strong to be defeated by just 4 "little" heroes. So Mentor will tell them the story of the magical flute, that they will search in quest 5.

I have made these 4 new quest in a different way than the official quests books and the fan quest book, because I don't want to make a linear quest book that is too simple : like you find 50 gold pieces, here's a trap, when you open this door two other doors opens...etc. I want something new and very complete. I have also make a new rule for poison dammages, made by some special skaven creatures.

I will try to post the 4 first quests here tomorrow. Then I will need that someone correct the texts, because I'm french and my english is... hem... Very schoolish ! You know... :oops:

THANKS TO ALL for all your great ideas ! I will try to not disappointed you !
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ken » July 12th, 2011, 12:51 pm

gravaillon wrote:Well, on the road again !
I begin to work on the questbook now !!!
Be patient guys, I will soon post the 3 first quests ...

Hurry Along There :!: In the meantime, I roughed one out over my Cornflakes this morning. When Mr Groat the Emperors Tax Collector was down in the sewers, he lost his Talisman of Pore. This Talisman allows Tax Gathers to remember all those who have not paid the Emperor their Taxes. This of course, has to be found, and the Heroes are told "Don't come back without it" :2cents:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 14th, 2013, 9:44 am

gravaillon wrote:THANKS TO ALL for all your great ideas ! I will try to not disappointed you !

*cough* so... how far are you? :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Adventurer's Guild