• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pack

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby DungeonWorks » Friday February 4th, 2022 9:05pm

Kurgan wrote:Hmm, so I've gotta pay MonstrousEncounters a dollar just to read what he said about this project? Hmm...

Nah, I can open the post. I didn't say anything special. Just that someone got a hold of the quest and a team is working in creating it for fans. Then I'm working on the minis.
User avatar
DungeonWorks

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Monday October 21st, 2019 9:16pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby Kurgan » Saturday February 5th, 2022 4:12am

You just saved me a dollar, kudos, sir. And thanks for working on the minis!

Let's see and correct me if I'm wrong, how you usually do things is sell the prints, then release the stls (or do you sell the stls and then other people sell the prints?).


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Doomguard
Doomguard
 
Posts: 4218
Images: 84
Joined: Saturday February 23rd, 2019 7:08pm
Location: https://discord.gg/hYEBbxsKGC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby DungeonWorks » Saturday February 5th, 2022 11:45am

Kurgan wrote:You just saved me a dollar, kudos, sir. And thanks for working on the minis!

Let's see and correct me if I'm wrong, how you usually do things is sell the prints, then release the stls (or do you sell the stls and then other people sell the prints?).

I put things on my patreon for members. People that have the merchant tier can sell the prints. I also put them for sell on MMF later on. For these models I'll be releasing them first on my patreon. But once everything is done (models, art, cards, etc) I'll release the models to the community for free. So basically my Patrons can early release to the models, but everyone will get them once the Quest are officially released. I'm thinking of getting a few sets printed and giving out to people later.
User avatar
DungeonWorks

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Monday October 21st, 2019 9:16pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby lucapaschi » Saturday February 5th, 2022 1:01pm

DungeonWorks wrote:
Kurgan wrote:You just saved me a dollar, kudos, sir. And thanks for working on the minis!

Let's see and correct me if I'm wrong, how you usually do things is sell the prints, then release the stls (or do you sell the stls and then other people sell the prints?).

I put things on my patreon for members. People that have the merchant tier can sell the prints. I also put them for sell on MMF later on. For these models I'll be releasing them first on my patreon. But once everything is done (models, art, cards, etc) I'll release the models to the community for free. So basically my Patrons can early release to the models, but everyone will get them once the Quest are officially released. I'm thinking of getting a few sets printed and giving out to people later.


:redheart:
lucapaschi

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 328
Images: 12
Joined: Monday March 9th, 2020 6:46pm
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby Kurgan » Saturday February 5th, 2022 1:40pm

Sounds good, otherwise I was going to issue a word of caution if it appeared we were selling the quest pack in some way, shape or form (of course if the minis were new designs, probably less of a risk).


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Doomguard
Doomguard
 
Posts: 4218
Images: 84
Joined: Saturday February 23rd, 2019 7:08pm
Location: https://discord.gg/hYEBbxsKGC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby lucapaschi » Saturday February 5th, 2022 2:01pm

Kurgan wrote:Sounds good, otherwise I was going to issue a word of caution if it appeared we were selling the quest pack in some way, shape or form (of course if the minis were new designs, probably less of a risk).


Well, strictly speaking, they ARE new sculpts... Inspired, yes, but are not scans or copies of the 4 ups. Don't know how that works with IP/copyright. :|
lucapaschi

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 328
Images: 12
Joined: Monday March 9th, 2020 6:46pm
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby Kurgan » Saturday February 5th, 2022 3:06pm

I'm not a legal expert, it's true. Something about derivative works and whether a reasonable person would confuse a knockoff with the real thing and impinge on the sales rights of the other. In the end, it will be available to the fans, and that's the most important thing to me.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Doomguard
Doomguard
 
Posts: 4218
Images: 84
Joined: Saturday February 23rd, 2019 7:08pm
Location: https://discord.gg/hYEBbxsKGC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby lucapaschi » Saturday February 5th, 2022 3:16pm

One could argue it's not easy to crash sales of a product that has never been published... :) We don't even know if they're going to make it, and they definitely don't have the material to produce it anymore as it was intended (the 4 ups, just to name one). I would still be curious enough to buy a new one if they made it. But yeah, Hasbro's lawyer might feel different about this!
lucapaschi

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 328
Images: 12
Joined: Monday March 9th, 2020 6:46pm
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby lucapaschi » Friday March 11th, 2022 8:45pm

For anyone wondering: yes, we're still working on this! The less you hear, the more we're working! :D

We're creating to-be-playtested versions of the Quests (we're 5/10 as of now), creating the art in various departments (cover art underway, many tiles completed), and fine tuning some of the other parts (new rules, etc).
lucapaschi

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 328
Images: 12
Joined: Monday March 9th, 2020 6:46pm
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby Nlinindoll » Friday March 11th, 2022 8:59pm

Appreciate the update!!
Nlinindoll

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sunday November 7th, 2021 5:08pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests