• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Goblin's Hive

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: The Goblin's Hive

Postby Anderas » Friday February 28th, 2020 10:55am

Somewhere in the range of 60 or 70 Goblins.

If someone likes to slay masses of weaklings, here you go.

I updated the quest map with Lestodantes remarks.
I also updated the quest notes.

I still need ideas for A, B, C, E

Anderas wrote:I was debugging my heroscribe xml reader today.
It takes heroscribe files and outputs lots of little statistics, plus a questimation.

I just wanted to test certain functions, so I distributed some rooms and monsters around. Turns out, it is actually a balanced quest for a group with 4 dice equipment.

This posting is best viewed if you have installed the fonts HQModern, Gaze and Heroquest.

Q11 wrote:
A Quest for a group with 4-Dice-Equipment and a potion of healing or a mercenary
The Goblin's Hive
Some rebellious Goblins have declared their independency from the Orcs of the Black Mountains. Now they are outcast and start to rob merchants in the woods.
Solve this problem and I'll pay 100 Gold coins to every member of this group.

Notes:
A:
B:
C:
D: If the Heroes have lost artifacts in a previous quest, they can find one here. Otherwise, the first hero to search for treasure adjacent to the chest will find two heroic brews.
E:
F: The Falling Rock Trap triggers when the first model slides underneath. It does not harm that hero, but just blocks the way. If another hero slides down the ice slide, he can get back up the slope by rolling as many white dice as he has BP, and rolling at least one black die. The wizard can melt the ice slide by discarding any one fire spell. Tell the heroes this when someone tries to disarm the ice slide.
G: The chest contains one Potion of Healing (4 BP). It can be searched when standing adjacent to it. The Axe trap triggers either when all the axe squares are full of hero models, or when the chest has been searched.

Wandering Monster: 3 Goblins

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Count Mohawk » Friday February 28th, 2020 2:20pm

An idea for room B:
"One of these Goblins is a minor shaman and can cast the Chaos Spells Fireball and Rust (or whichever ones you prefer). This shaman is indistinguishable from all the other Goblins and will always be the 3rd-to-last Goblin slain in this room."

Happy 2020, everyone!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Friday February 28th, 2020 2:53pm

That's a great one, thanks!
As you can see, the Questimator is still using my time :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday March 1st, 2020 2:32am

Added four chaos spells to the first post that the Goblin Shaman may use

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nyst » Sunday June 7th, 2020 3:59pm

Idea for A: The first hero to enter the room is tripped by a goblin that is beside the door (If no goblins are beside the door this doesn't apply). The tripped hero falls to the floor and is tied up to the throne. The captured hero loses their turn until they are saved. The other heroes must save the captured hero by clearing the room of goblins.

Idea for E: If you had tokens for columns (maybe use stone wall tokens), put two in the room. The doors lock if 2 or more heroes are in the room on the EW's turn. The heroes notice the columns are old and unstable, but hear chattering above them and look up at the tops of the columns. On the EW's turn 2 goblins climb down the columns and become active. The heroes must push over the both columns, and the last column knocks open the east or west door (whichever is closest). No more goblins spawn.

Not sure how you would do the knock over columns mechanic. I'm just putting an idea out there for now.
Nyst

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Previous

Return to Adventurer's Guild