• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Goblin's Hive

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

The Goblin's Hive

Postby Anderas » February 23rd, 2020, 2:51 pm

I was debugging my heroscribe xml reader today.
It takes heroscribe files and outputs lots of little statistics, plus a questimation.

I just wanted to test certain functions, so I distributed some rooms and monsters around. Turns out, it is actually a balanced quest for a group with 4 dice equipment.

This posting is best viewed if you have installed the fonts HQModern, Gaze and Heroquest.

Q11 wrote:
A Quest for a group with 4-Dice-Equipment and a potion of healing or a mercenary
The Goblin's Hive
Some rebellious Goblins have declared their independency from the Orcs of the Black Mountains. Now they are outcast and start to rob merchants in the woods.
Solve this problem and I'll pay 100 Gold coins to every member of this group.

Notes:
A:
B: One of these Goblins is a minor shaman and can cast each of the four chaos spells attached to this quest one time. This shaman is indistinguishable from all the other Goblins and will always be the 3rd-to-last Goblin slain in this room
C:
D: If the Heroes have lost artifacts in a previous quest, they can find one here. Otherwise, the first hero to search for treasure adjacent to the chest will find two heroic brews.
E:
F: The Falling Rock Trap triggers when the first model slides underneath. It does not harm that hero, but just blocks the way. If another hero slides down the ice slide, he can get back up the slope by rolling as many white dice as he has BP, and rolling at least one black die. The wizard can melt the ice slide by discarding any one fire spell. Tell the heroes this when someone tries to disarm the ice slide.
G: The chest contains one Potion of Healing (4 BP). It can be searched when standing adjacent to it. The Axe trap triggers either when all the axe squares are full of hero models, or when the chest has been searched.

Wandering Monster: 3 Goblins

Anybody in for some funny quest notes here and there? :D
Last edited by Anderas on February 29th, 2020, 10:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Goblin's Hive

Postby torilen » February 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Holy freakin' crap that's a lot of goblins. Like it it. :mrgreen:

On a side note - is it possible to get a copy of that questimation thing?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 24th, 2020, 3:52 pm

currently I am trying to make it simple enough to use it with a command line interface.
Then I need help to publish it somewhere online :(

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » February 24th, 2020, 6:41 pm

Anderas - I sent you a PM.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby cornixt » February 25th, 2020, 3:26 pm

I don't think I have enough 5x6 rooms to build this layout.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 25th, 2020, 6:05 pm

I think room A and C need to be fixed. If you put the entrance door in that way, heroes enter in a standard room and will see the door that leads to the Skull room in the middle of an adiacent room.
Room B and D are ok instead.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 26th, 2020, 1:56 am

cornixt wrote:I don't think I have enough 5x6 rooms to build this layout.

Me neither. I shall make a printable png :-)
Or you use the one of Sajungzak.
I don't have the link anymore so I uploaded it to imgur

lestodante wrote:I think room A and C need to be fixed. If you put the entrance door in that way, heroes enter in a standard room and will see the door that leads to the Skull room in the middle of an adiacent room.
Room B and D are ok instead.

They can enter the room both ways, yes that's true.
One solution could be to place those two rooms at the start of the game..

Now I am thinking how to solve this. Fill up the room with rubble until they open the doors?

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm

I meant... check the Darf position on the map.
He should not be able to walk over shaded areas because they represent the Skull room.
Also... what version of heroscribe did you use? your maps are coored differnt from mine, even if I use a US layout.

gobbb.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 26th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Heroscribe 1.6 from Stratos' Signature.

I can't remember right now if or when I played with the color of the shades. It's possible that I did it myself in the setting file.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 26th, 2020, 5:00 pm

That's alot of goblins!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Adventurer's Guild