• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[WIP] Serving the Empire [9 quests]

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: [WIP] custom questpack [9 quests] by unknown author

Postby lestodante » January 21st, 2020, 5:46 pm

Finished Quest 6! I wrote a new intro that is linked to Quest 5, re-wrote all the notes and applied some changes to the map.
Also in this quest you'll find the Gem of Restoration wich is the second new custom artifact (card coming soon).

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Drew » January 21st, 2020, 11:56 pm

Q4 Note D: turn "but" into "But" and also replace the word "further" with "closer".
Q4 Note E: You wrote room E when u meant room D also rephrased the genie: "You will need the key from room D to open it. Alternatively the heroes can cast a Genie spell to open it."

Q5 Story: "One of the Emperor's best knight..." (knights plural)

Q6 Story: "informations" the word information doesnt have plural

Looks pretty good so far!
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby Anderas » January 22nd, 2020, 2:49 pm

Interesting project :-)
I will have to take a look at those, too.

Some weeks ago I was wondering why the hell I bought Heroquest and then spent years and years on it... well, here's the answer :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 22nd, 2020, 6:20 pm

Drew wrote:Q4 Note D: turn "but" into "But" and also replace the word "further" with "closer".
Q4 Note E: You wrote room E when u meant room D also rephrased the genie: "You will need the key from room D to open it. Alternatively the heroes can cast a Genie spell to open it."

Q5 Story: "One of the Emperor's best knight..." (knights plural)

Q6 Story: "informations" the word information doesnt have plural

Looks pretty good so far!

OK, fixed! oh and in so many years I learn for the first time that INFORMATION has no plural!!! :o

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » January 24th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Updates!! I just uploaded some of the new cards (drawings made by Luis Octavio NB).
So you can read and review the spell scrolls: Stone Dust (a new scroll) and Clairvoyance (it is the equivalent from the Spells of Detection);
And the two new artifacts: Gem of Restoration and Lord Lane's Quiver!
I also have a couple of new potions to add (cards coming soon).
Please let me know your opinions.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » January 26th, 2020, 6:24 pm

Finished Quest 7. I think it is way more interesting now and has a tough boss.
It also features a new potion card (the drawing is still a sketch but will be finished soon).
As always, please let me know your opinion on this project...

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Drew » January 27th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Feedback on cards and Q7:

Clairvoyance: I think you should replace "... a real room..." doesnt sound good. Say something like "a room with monster or furniture" or soemthing like that idk.
Gem: Its unclear to me how its used. You say if one uses it and no one recovers any BP then it will be useless, but why would one use it if everyone is already full HP. The description is confusing, needs to be rewriten better in my opinion.
Counterattack: typo adiacent instead of adjacent & "...strike an attack back at the *attacking* monster..."

Q7 Story: I dont think the word "represent" is correct there.
Q7 Note B: This Orc may own*** one of the keys
Q7 Note D: again adiacent instead of adjacent. "protecting Mekis *countering* any kind of magic to be"

Q7 In General: Way too many rewards man WAY too many.
200 for Mekis + 5x40=200 gold for chaos warriors + 25x5=125gold for monsters + 250 from chest + 100 from chest + Counter attack potion + shield.
This is 875 gold + an op potion + a shield. My opinion is remove 5 x other monsters, remove shield, remove 100 gold from chest and turn 250 gold to 150 in the other chest.
That would still give players 550 gold + an op potion, its way more than enough.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby lestodante » January 27th, 2020, 5:56 pm

As for Clairvoyance scroll, I meant that if the Hero selects a grey shaded area of the map he will not waste the spell and can ask to check another one until he finds a room, full or empty doesn't matter, the spell must be discarded when a room is revealed. So I didn't know how to explain it better and decided to use "a real room". Maybe "an actual room" works better? I'll wait for the help of a native english member.
I also wanted to do a page in the questbook to help explaining better the new cards, because sometimes the space on the card is not enough.
The Gem of Restoration can be used several times, in the same quest or different ones, BUT... the first time it is used each Hero rolls 1 red die and can recover as many Body Points as the result of his die but he can't get more than his basic BPs.
I post an example here:
:barbarian: :roll3:
:dwarf: :roll5:
:elf: :roll2:
:wizard: :roll6:
They (or eventually the Master) have to take note of theses numbers on their character sheets.
The next time the gem is used all hero can again heal some BPs, but the number is now determined by the "previous roll minus 1":
so this time the Barbarian will be able to recover a maximum of 2 BPs, the Dwarf a max of 4, the Elf only 1 and the Wizard max 5 (he will obviously get a max of 3 as his standard BP are 4).
If the GEM is used a third time the number is again reduced by 1, so it will be the last time the Barbarian can heal (1 BP only), while the ELF will not heal any BP. The Dwarf and the Wizard can still heal some BP.
When nobody can't heal anymore BP the gem has finished its power and is useless.

I will fix the other things tomorrow and yes I will reduce the treasures and remove the shield; I was not sure whether to include it or not because this quest is very similar to Bastion of Chaos, there was even a Gargoyle in the original map but I preferred to remove it. I think Mekis will be a tough one already.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Drew » January 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Clairvoyance is pretty clear and yeah u should wait for someone to give u the correct word cause i cant come up with one rn.
Gem is much more clear rn, it makes perfect sense, maybe i just misunderstood it in the first place.

Its good to make the quests different from one another with small changes, you are doing a great job.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Thor-in » January 28th, 2020, 9:27 am

Always like it when there are home brew quests. This looks quite interesting.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild