• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

Postby The Admiral » October 2nd, 2018, 8:33 am

Anderas wrote:I as morcar would also remove the death trap in the lower left corner; by placing a secret door in north of the Gargoyle.

Yeah, I had a good look at that too, but decided to leave it. If the Heroes disarm the trap they get a meaningless dead end room with a Gargoyle in it, whereas if they trigger the trap and stand back, as any sensible Hero must, they get hit with a nasty falling block. Both turn outs are bad for the Heroes. If a Hero is stupid enough to step beyond the triggered falling block into an unknown area, then they deserve to die. But not until they maybe kill the Gargoyle and search everywhere they can for a secret door that isn't there! :twisted:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » October 2nd, 2018, 8:49 am

I think 2 parts need to be changed. Consider there is a falling rock trap on the lower corridor that will block the way back from the gargoyle room, even if we place a new door behind the Gargoyle, the heroes will not be able to come back to the stairs.
So I propose to replace the falling rock trap with a coomon pit or spear trap. And also to put a door in the room with gargoyle to allow the heroes to progress to the throne room. I think it is better to use a normal door than a secret passage, so nobody will need to printt another additional secret passage, though the doors in game are now 19.

cacadaacreatura.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » October 2nd, 2018, 5:37 pm

The Gargoyle room isn't particularly a problem for me. The main things that need changing are room C, and the dead end problem as mentioned earlier.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Search for quest "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Mora

Postby Anderas » October 3rd, 2018, 2:12 am

j_dean80 wrote:Quest 2 map:

I think the base game secret doors are enough, no?

J_dean80 would you share the xml?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 3rd, 2018, 6:34 am

Once a secret door has been found, there is no reason not to use a regular open door.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » October 3rd, 2018, 7:11 am

Anderas wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:Quest 2 map:

I think the base game secret doors are enough, no?

J_dean80 would you share the xml?

Yes, when I get home from work this evening.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » October 3rd, 2018, 8:20 pm

Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » April 2nd, 2019, 1:58 pm

Anderas wrote:
I think the base game secret doors are enough, no? . . .

Going through some older threads, I rediscovered this unanswered question. The answer for the NA game is there are enough secret doors. I'm less sure about the EU Base Game, though there are four secret doors in it. Whether they are double-sided matters, as some of the four secret door tiles may also contain a necessary pit trap on the back side (I don't know.)

There's another matter I noticed that may or may not have been addressed in one of the other topics for this Quest series. Quest 1 requires 17 doors while Quest 2 above requires 19. As long as some of the rooms remain unopened, the closed doors can cover the deficit. However, if the Quest is fully explored, the 16 open doors of the Base Game aren't enough.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 30th, 2019, 6:25 am

j_dean80 wrote:
The Admiral wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:Wow that sounds complicated to keep track of. May be easier to roll a red die to see the sword's effect for each attack.

Yes, I can see that getting forgotten in the heat of a big quest. I like the random nature of a dice roll; it is a chaotic weapon after all. I think the sword needs a base attack (I would go 2) and then roll a 1d6 before every attack 1-4 = +1 to +4, 5 = no effect, 6 = -1.

I like it. Very simple and effective.

An even simpler solution that requires no calculations, and arrives at exactly the same result, is to just roll 1d6, and that is the attack value of the sword for that attack.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » April 30th, 2019, 7:09 pm

I still think there is a problem with that falling rock leading to the Gargoyle room (in the bottom left corner): it is a sure dead!
A falling rock trap can't be disarmed or found with a search or am I wrong with the NA rules?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild