• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[TRAD] Attack on the Sleep Wizard (from Dragão Brasil No.8)

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: [TRAD] Attack on the Sleep Wizard (from Dragão Brasil No

Postby Pancho » Thursday May 2nd, 2019 3:18am

My preference is dark blue bottom left, but all of them look good with the very nice artwork.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Drew » Monday June 10th, 2019 9:26pm

It's very good, it should be added in this sites "Quests" section were we have all the other quests available. by the way I like either purple or dark blue.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby j_dean80 » Monday June 10th, 2019 10:16pm

That is up to drathe to do and he is MIA lately unless the Inn burns down.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Tuesday June 11th, 2019 5:46pm

This will be published soon. Hold on.
Just I am very busy during this days.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Wednesday June 12th, 2019 6:07pm

lestodante wrote:This will be published soon. Hold on.
Just I am very busy during this days.

Looking forward to it, but I will have to use the existing publication. I'm off to France tomorrow where my brother and I will be playing Attack on the Sleep Wizard and Creature Hunt in that order.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » Thursday June 20th, 2019 5:25am

Did you get to play these quests Admiral?

I just had the idea how to make this pack harder for the Heroes (the quests seem a bit easy to me, with some suggesting that they could even be solo quests).

What if the 3 quests are played one after another without recovery of health or spells? There's nothing in the text to suggest the quests take place in different locations, and it makes sense logically to put all of it in Lengrati's fortress. So the Heroes are fighting through one big triple-quest.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Friday June 21st, 2019 7:02pm

Pancho wrote:What if the 3 quests are played one after another without recovery of health or spells? There's nothing in the text to suggest the quests take place in different locations, and it makes sense logically to put all of it in Lengrati's fortress. So the Heroes are fighting through one big triple-quest.

I like this idea, I can mention it in notes... some kind of Easy or Hard level and player can chose how to play the 3 quests.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Sunday June 23rd, 2019 6:19pm

Artifact cards are here:
DOWNLOAD
Print both side of the paper then cut from the black/white side to avoid mistakes with the white border of the front.
Paper size is A4.

Rewards:
lestodante

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Monday June 24th, 2019 6:09am

Pancho wrote:Did you get to play these quests Admiral?

I just had the idea how to make this pack harder for the Heroes (the quests seem a bit easy to me, with some suggesting that they could even be solo quests).

What if the 3 quests are played one after another without recovery of health or spells? There's nothing in the text to suggest the quests take place in different locations, and it makes sense logically to put all of it in Lengrati's fortress. So the Heroes are fighting through one big triple-quest.

Yep, we played them last week. Yes they are easy; entry level stuff really. So yes, we played them both as 3 quests with no recovery. Our party also had only 3 Heroes: An Imperial Noble, a Ranger and a Wizard. Attack on the Sleep Wizard is the easier of the two and so there were only 4 Halfling Archers available (Mv 6, Att 2(1), Def 1, Bdy 2, Mnd 4, Cost 50). For Creature Hunt 4 standard henchmen were available (Swordsman, Halberdier, Crossbowman and Scout). Plus we used Evil Wizard cards, with generally 1 card being drawn every 4 turns. This allowed me to beef up some rooms with extra monsters/traps. This was a real necessity as most rooms have only one monster. Putting those extras in the Gargoyle rooms was a priority, and a headache for the Heroes. Even with these amendments the quests were not overly taxing.

I think they would work well as written i.e. normal recovery between quests, and no EW cards, with a single experienced Hero and 4 henchmen, or four fresh Heroes.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » Monday June 24th, 2019 1:56pm

Thanks Admiral.
Just to clarify, you think with 4 standard Heroes (and no mercs) these quests will work well as written, I.e. normal health recovery between quests?
I’m asking for the sleep sorcerer in particular, as that is the one that looks to be too easy for four Heroes. The Creature quests look quite a bit harder and at face value appear to be about right to me for four Heroes.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild