• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Complete] Summons of the Wizards' Council

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Summons of the Wizards' Council - a work in progress

Postby j_dean80 » November 19th, 2017, 1:05 am

Notes page 4:

Last edited by j_dean80 on November 26th, 2017, 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » November 19th, 2017, 9:18 am

That's all for the notes section. Can someone check through them for me, please?

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 22nd, 2017, 1:13 pm

"Also required are the contents of the following Quest Packs." -- This is not at all needed, just how I'd write it.
"...remove from their sprue." -- Never heard of the term "runners" for this, and sprues is more universally used, but it's not important at all. If EQP and BQP use "runners", definitely ignore me.
"When an empty room is first entered by a Hero, ..." -- This would clear up things. I've read question on the Fireburst time and time again.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 22nd, 2017, 2:03 pm

Generally, see if North American Quest packs use "Body points" or "Body Points" (as you did). I like the latter better, but if the former is the case, you might wanna go purist all the way.

"The Wall of Flame, Wall of..."
"When either of these spells are cast, take..."

On the formatting of page 5:
try unifying the line spacing in the first paragraph and see if at the bottom, the two lines for "Note" fit in the left-hand half of the page. Just for looks.
Or try to lessen line spacing between the headings "The Wizards of Zargon" and "New Spells for the Wizard" so that both "Note" lines fit into the right-hand half of the page.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » November 23rd, 2017, 2:01 pm

"...a special ability to counter a spell cast on him."
"To successfully counter: the Wizard..." --> "In order to counter a spell, the Wizard..."
- these two changes only work well if you make them both. The rule thus says that the Wizard has to be the target of the spell he wants to cover.
If he can counter ANY spell, let me know, and I'll find another way of expressing it.
If you really only want ATTACKING spells to be counterable, make it "...a special ability to counter a spell he would otherwise have to defend against."

"If the attacking spellcaster has fewer Mind Points..." and "If the attacking spellcaster has more Mind Points..."

"...all of the spell scroll cards face down,..."

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » November 23rd, 2017, 7:14 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
"...a special ability to counter a spell cast on him."
"To successfully counter: the Wizard..." --> "In order to counter a spell, the Wizard..."
- these two changes only work well if you make them both. The rule thus says that the Wizard has to be the target of the spell he wants to cover.
If he can counter ANY spell, let me know, and I'll find another way of expressing it.
If you really only want ATTACKING spells to be counterable, make it "...a special ability to counter a spell he would otherwise have to defend against."

"If the attacking spellcaster has fewer Mind Points..." and "If the attacking spellcaster has more Mind Points..."

"...all of the spell scroll cards face down,..."

It's meant for the Wizard to counter ANY spell he chooses to.

Updated to fewer and more.
Facedown is one word.
Last edited by j_dean80 on November 24th, 2017, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » November 24th, 2017, 9:08 pm

knightkrawler wrote:"Also required are the contents of the following Quest Packs." -- This is not at all needed, just how I'd write it.
"...remove from their sprue." -- Never heard of the term "runners" for this, and sprues is more universally used, but it's not important at all. If EQP and BQP use "runners", definitely ignore me.
"When an empty room is first entered by a Hero, ..." -- This would clear up things. I've read question on the Fireburst time and time again.

Runners sounds strange to me but it's what BQP and EQP used. I updated the other two.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » November 24th, 2017, 9:35 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Generally, see if North American Quest packs use "Body points" or "Body Points" (as you did). I like the latter better, but if the former is the case, you might wanna go purist all the way.

"The Wall of Flame, Wall of..."
"When either of these spells are cast, take..."

On the formatting of page 5:
try unifying the line spacing in the first paragraph and see if at the bottom, the two lines for "Note" fit in the left-hand half of the page. Just for looks.
Or try to lessen line spacing between the headings "The Wizards of Zargon" and "New Spells for the Wizard" so that both "Note" lines fit into the right-hand half of the page.

NA uses Body Points.
WoM has it as Wall of Flame, Wall of... without "The" so I left that as is.
Fixed cast...not sure where the other came from but it was wrong thanks for catching it.
Moved "Note" to the top of second column.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » November 25th, 2017, 3:28 am

I'll do the last page today or tomorrow, including the rewording for the counter-spell special abilty.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » November 25th, 2017, 10:49 am

First, on the Special Ability:

Beginning with this Quest Pack, the Wizard will have the special ability to counter a spell cast on him.
After being targeted by a spell, he may roll a combat die to counter the spell and see if he may ignore all its effects. If the Wizard has more Mind Points than the spellcaster, he must roll a skull to successfully counter the spell. If he has fewer Mind Points, he must roll a white shield to do so.
If a spell is successfully countered, the spellcaster must discard it without it taking any effect whatsoever, but the Wizard must also discard any one of his unused spells.

No qualms with this. If I remember it correctly, you took that excerpt from WoM unchanged,
so I only checked for orthographical errors, of which there were none.

Great job all around!
One of the best quest packs I've seen.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild