• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

Postby j_dean80 » January 5th, 2017, 6:53 pm

Been doing a lot of research on developing a new Quest Pack.
New monsters
New spells
New traps
New weapons

Not ready to put the theme out in public but was wanting to find someone to go 50/50 on this project with me. Was thinking maybe 20 Quests. I don't have a lot of the special computer programs like photoshop to do cards and such, so hoping to find someone with that capability. If more than 1 person is interested maybe we can all collaborate.
Last edited by j_dean80 on January 12th, 2017, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Building a new Quest Pack looking for a partner

Postby StratosVX » January 6th, 2017, 9:03 pm

I can create cards for you, but I have zero artistic ability to create images. If you have the images you want to use and the text, I have photoshop to make the cards. School starts up again this upcoming week though, so I can't make any promises as to how quickly I could get anything done.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

Postby j_dean80 » January 6th, 2017, 9:56 pm

You interested in collaborating on it? I know before you said you don't really do HeroQuest much. Looking just as much for someone to bounce ideas with.
Last edited by j_dean80 on February 13th, 2017, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Building a new Quest Pack looking for a partner

Postby StratosVX » January 6th, 2017, 10:21 pm

I'll help if I can, but if there's someone on here with experience creating content that would be willing to help, that would likely be better for you. Especially if it's someone that can test out your ideas with a group. I'm always happy to help when I can though.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 10th, 2017, 10:51 am

I am going to announce the theme now to see if that brings up some interest in the subject. I have the majority of the research done on this, just looking for someone to help piece everything together. The theme takes place in the rainforest. Based off the Amazon Jungle, but not by name. It is a large undertaking so help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by j_dean80 on February 13th, 2017, 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 11th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Notes/constructive criticism will be appreciated

The Jungle

The halls are covered with webs. A thick layer of dust touches everything in sight. This place should feel eerily unwelcoming, yet the companions feel right at home. They should, as they venture here often.

"Where is he?" one Hero asked aloud. "I need some refills."

"We all do! I do not see him," another companion responded.

Just then, something crashed to the floor. It sounded like glass.

"Is that you?" a third called out.

A figure crept from the shadows, "He is not here. He's been gone for some time now."

The voice was unmistakably familiar.

"Mentor! Why are you here? Where is he?" the fourth Hero called out.

"Heroes, the Emperor desperately needs your help! The Alchemist has vanished in a strange, far-off land. He journeyed to the distant jungle to replenish his supplies. The trek has become even more dangerous than before, as the land has been overrun by Chaos Magic. This is a land of strange magic and medicine, powerful beasts, natives with a mind to war, and many dangerous gods. With the jungle's witchcraft now mixed with the Chaos magic, I fear for a difficult task. You must venture to this forsaken land and find clues to the Alchemist's whereabouts. Find him and bring him home safely. I secured passage for you on a trading vessel. The captain is no friend to the Empire, but also is no friend to Zargon. Keep a low profile to ensure a safe voyage. Use your skills I have taught you and achieve success, I will aid you when I can."

Mentor
Last edited by j_dean80 on January 10th, 2018, 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 11th, 2017, 9:06 pm

Quest 1
Port City

"You wake up disoriented. What happened on that voyage? As your sight returns and your surroundings stop spinning, you soon realize you are laying on a dock. As sense returns more so, you notice all your weapons and possessions missing. Foreign sounds of birds and howling noises surround you. What kind of place is this? Lets get out of this city."
Last edited by j_dean80 on June 3rd, 2017, 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 12th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Traps

Giant Ant Swarm - If a Hero steps on a Giant Ant Swarm, he loses 1Body Point. This trap is automatically placed on the board if found during a search. Once this trap is placed on the board (either by search or springing), the trap can still be disarmed. This trap can only be disarmed by a Hero carrying a Torch who rolls a Skull or White Shield using 1 Combat Die. This trap has a movement of 1 square per turn (during Zargon's turn), after being placed on the board. This trap may move onto a square occupied by a Hero. Any Hero starting their turn on a Giant Ant Swarm loses 1 Body Point at the beginning of his turn.

Poison Arrow - This Trap fires in a straight line until it hits a Hero, Monster, or a wall. The firing direction and starting point is marked by an arrow. Only Heroes can trigger this Trap. Any Hero or Monster struck by this Arrow loses 1Body Point per turn. The Poison's affects can be stopped only with a Poison Antidote.

Piranha Pit - Rules for avoiding and escaping this trap are the same as a typical Pit Trap. This pit, however, is filled with water and piranhas. The affected Hero loses 1Body Point per turn that he is in the Pit. Thus the minimum Body Point loss would be 2.

Web - When a Hero steps on a tile that has a Web trap on it, he gets caught in the web of a Giant Spider. The player then rolls a single Combat Die. If he rolls a White Shield, he frees himself of the Web and may continue his turn. If he rolls a Black Shield or a Skull, he gets stuck in the Web and is instantly attacked by a Giant Spider. The Hero is trapped in the Web until the Giant Spider is killed or the Hero rolls a White Shield at the beginning of a future turn. Once the Web has been sprung or disarmed, it is gone forever and the square can be moved onto safely.
Last edited by j_dean80 on February 8th, 2017, 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 13th, 2017, 6:21 pm

Here is Quest 1. Try it out let me know how it goes.

Giant Bat: move-8 attack-2 defend-2 body-1 mind-1
Giant Spider: move-6 attack-3 defend-2 body-2 mind-1

Bone Knife: 1 Combat Die, Costs - 150 coins
Torch: 2 Combat Dice, Costs - 125 coins (only lasts 1 Quest)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvtuqtqyqushxkl/J1-Port%20City.pdf?dl=0

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 18th, 2017, 2:28 pm

A teaser...here is Quest 2...if anyone wants the specs let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05s2gm469qpfkjr/J2-Welcome%20to%20the%20Jungle.pdf?dl=0

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Adventurer's Guild