• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos' Horde Quest

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Chaos' Horde Quest

Postby Wolf » Sunday August 14th, 2016 9:10pm

Showdown35 wrote:
Wolf wrote:Aside from all the jumble I am deciding to add more spells (all in 3 sets):

• Air Spells becomes (I haven't decided yet)
  • Earth Spells becomes Metal Spells
  • Fire Spells becomes Lightning Spells
  • Mystic Spells becomes Light Spells
  • Shadow Spells becomes Dark Spells
  • Water Spells becomes Ice Spells

The red are obviously the original decks.

So the whole "becomes" thing is really just for lore and backstory. I like the idea that once you get good enough at Water magic you can freeze it and such. Same with Fire, and the rest.

Mystic idea obviously got the name idea from Showdown35 but I haven't gotten the time to look at the cards. My idea is that Mystic is a form of light magic, like the very beginnings of it.

Shadow is the beginning of Dark magic, etc.

As for Air I am kinda stuck. I think "Poison gas magic!" but it seems stupid. But I have also thought of "Void Magic" being the sci fi geek that I am I love space and everything in it and I think it would be a cool idea that once you learn how to control air you can then control space. So I may go with void magic but I am still debating it. I am still working on the cards. Once I start making my own cards I will show them up here as all I am doing to start is remaking the current cards so I can use them in my new Tarot deck so they all fit together nice and properly. I have thought of selling the original cards but I think I will keep them for both completionist needs and I feel like it would just be better to hold on to them.

I was thinking more about this whole spell progression idea you posted, and had an idea you might like: What if you have to master 2 spell sets to progress to an advanced magic??

Something along the lines of:
- Master Fire and Water, you learn Steam Magic
- Master Fire and Earth, you learn Metal Magic
- Master Fire and Air, you learn Smoke Magic (maybe Gas Magic?)
- Master Water and Earth, you learn Wood Magic?
- Master Water and Air, you learn Ice Magic
- Master Earth and Air, you learn... hmmm couldn't figure out a good one for this...

That would be your elemental magic, then you could have a different type of magic, like Spiritual, or Mystic, which would have a separate set of progressions, including the Shadow to Dark, and Whatever (Bright, Luminesent, etc.) to Light.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea but sounds like a lot of work when I am almost all the way done. Maybe for my next major expansion of Heroquest I will look into how to properly do that.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Wolf » Sunday August 21st, 2016 10:03pm

So I have been pretty busy lately but I have finished up the cards and am waiting for the Chaos Wall to dry. Once I get my cards I can start working on more of the Quest. Until then I will be painting my figures. I have 2 more Quests in mind.

1 takes place after Chaos' Hordes and another that takes place before The Death of Zargon.

As I have finished all the things (aside from painting) I needed to do to expand.

To show you some of the work I have finished here you go:

As said here is the Chaos Wall

Then, Idk if I have shown this yet, here are the Heroes that came in:

Alexander Hartdegen:

Ash(ley) J. Williams:

Then we have my beloved Mother Rathtar, I'm not the best with Green Stuff but I try:

I have 2 beds now for Heroquest:

Instead of making a barrel from scratch I decided to buy one off of Reapermini.com:

Then I got a box (which at the moment I forgot the name of the box name, someone help lol):

They both came with smaller versions of themselves so I made this, I may use it in place of either or when using them in quests:

That's what I have for now. Until next time.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » Monday August 22nd, 2016 9:35am

Wolf wrote:Then I got a box (which at the moment I forgot the name of the box name, someone help lol)

Crate?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Storm Master
Storm Master

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » Monday August 22nd, 2016 6:43pm

cornixt wrote:Crate?

Yeah lol that was the name.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » Thursday September 1st, 2016 8:13am

Wolf wrote:
Showdown35 wrote:
Wolf wrote:Aside from all the jumble I am deciding to add more spells (all in 3 sets):

• Air Spells becomes (I haven't decided yet)
  • Earth Spells becomes Metal Spells
  • Fire Spells becomes Lightning Spells
  • Mystic Spells becomes Light Spells
  • Shadow Spells becomes Dark Spells
  • Water Spells becomes Ice Spells

The red are obviously the original decks.

So the whole "becomes" thing is really just for lore and backstory. I like the idea that once you get good enough at Water magic you can freeze it and such. Same with Fire, and the rest.

Mystic idea obviously got the name idea from Showdown35 but I haven't gotten the time to look at the cards. My idea is that Mystic is a form of light magic, like the very beginnings of it.

Shadow is the beginning of Dark magic, etc.

As for Air I am kinda stuck. I think "Poison gas magic!" but it seems stupid. But I have also thought of "Void Magic" being the sci fi geek that I am I love space and everything in it and I think it would be a cool idea that once you learn how to control air you can then control space. So I may go with void magic but I am still debating it. I am still working on the cards. Once I start making my own cards I will show them up here as all I am doing to start is remaking the current cards so I can use them in my new Tarot deck so they all fit together nice and properly. I have thought of selling the original cards but I think I will keep them for both completionist needs and I feel like it would just be better to hold on to them.

I was thinking more about this whole spell progression idea you posted, and had an idea you might like: What if you have to master 2 spell sets to progress to an advanced magic??

Something along the lines of:
- Master Fire and Water, you learn Steam Magic
- Master Fire and Earth, you learn Metal Magic
- Master Fire and Air, you learn Smoke Magic (maybe Gas Magic?)
- Master Water and Earth, you learn Wood Magic?
- Master Water and Air, you learn Ice Magic
- Master Earth and Air, you learn... hmmm couldn't figure out a good one for this...

That would be your elemental magic, then you could have a different type of magic, like Spiritual, or Mystic, which would have a separate set of progressions, including the Shadow to Dark, and Whatever (Bright, Luminesent, etc.) to Light.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea but sounds like a lot of work when I am almost all the way done. Maybe for my next major expansion of Heroquest I will look into how to properly do that.

Actually, I did something akin to that with my "Arcane" Spells. Take a look, may give you some ideas.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » Thursday September 1st, 2016 3:16pm

Sorry as business has kept me, well busy. I ran out of Primer but ended up getting some the other day and priming the rest of my figures. Now I just have to paint them. Once that's done I will count all the figures I have and then start creating the Quests for the campaign.

I'll keep you all updated :barbarian: |_P
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » Thursday September 15th, 2016 4:06am

Painting the models is almost done. Meant to get it done sooner but I've had a lot to deal with recently with work and getting ready to go back to College.

I'll post some pictures up when they are done, but again, it's not going to be anything fancy as it's just going to be a solid color for each type of monster.

After that I just have to print out the extra tiles and figure out a good box to put them in. I've been thinking of just placing them all in the Ogre Kingdoms box. That would work alright.

I also have all the cards which I will separate and rubber band together to put in the Ogre box as well. Then comes to creation of the actual campaign.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Thursday November 10th, 2016 2:16pm

Wolf wrote:...
Then we have the Artifacts/Treasures Deck. I was reading the rules to figure out what the Artifacts are really for and as far as I can tell (unless placed in a specific area of a Quest) they are just mixed into the Treasure deck, which to me makes no sense if they have two different backs to them so I just used the Treasure Deck back and changed the text on it.

Indeed, the backs are printed differently for a purpose, as they are intended for separate decks. Check pp. 8-9 of the NA Instruction Booklet:

10. Sort the Cards
    The cards are to be sorted into 8 piles:
    Treasure Cards, Artifact Cards, Monster
    Cards, Chaos Spell Cards, Air Spell
    Cards, Fire Spell Cards, Water Spell
    Cards and Earth Spell Cards.

Treasure Cards
    Shuffle these Cards before each Quest.
    Keep them face-down in a pile within easy
    reach of all players.

Artifact Cards
    These cards are special, as you will
    discover in the Quest Notes. Keep the
    cards behind the Information Screen.

Of course, you are free to use Artifacts as random treasure if you prefer, but be aware you will alter game balance with multiple Spirit Blades, Borin's Armor, Elixirs of Life, etc. if they are available as Treasure Cards each Quest.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Friday June 9th, 2017 4:04pm

Wolf wrote:Welp the cards are in, I repeat THE CARDS ARE IN.

The cards I created finally showed up at my house. Half of the stuff is recreated from expansions but a lot is created from my own ideas or others ideas tweaked to my own liking.

First, the obvious Monster Cards deck:

How do you make cards? Or send them to get made, sense you said the are in?
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Sunday September 3rd, 2017 1:37am

aaronAGN wrote:
Wolf wrote:Welp the cards are in, I repeat THE CARDS ARE IN.

The cards I created finally showed up at my house. Half of the stuff is recreated from expansions but a lot is created from my own ideas or others ideas tweaked to my own liking.

First, the obvious Monster Cards deck:

How do you make cards? Or send them to get made, sense you said the are in?

I'll second this question. They look great!
My Quest Book Edits - In Progress
My Quest Locations - In Progress

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild