• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos' Horde Quest

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Chaos' Horde Quest

Postby Wolf » August 8th, 2016, 11:05 pm

As of right now all I really have to work on is:

• The Walls
  • The Forge

Everything else needs to be glued onto their bases which happens to require super glue. But hooray I get paid tomorrow so I can buy some, on the internet seeing as how I don't have time to go out and get any until the weekend when I am off and by then I will already have it.

I am thinking of getting more MYTH Crawlers; I FINALLY GOT THEM, as they only have 10 "Skidders" inside of them, and it is an even split between Poison Skidders and normal Skidders.

Other than that all I need to do is "paint" yes I am using quotes again because lets be honest it's really easy to paint a miniature one solid color.

I am also making more cards and waiting for the cards to come in the mail (also have to get my scatter die in the mail).

Aside from all the jumble I am deciding to add more spells (all in 3 sets):

• Air Spells becomes (I haven't decided yet)
  • Earth Spells becomes Metal Spells
  • Fire Spells becomes Lightning Spells
  • Mystic Spells becomes Light Spells
  • Shadow Spells becomes Dark Spells
  • Water Spells becomes Ice Spells

The red are obviously the original decks.

So the whole "becomes" thing is really just for lore and backstory. I like the idea that once you get good enough at Water magic you can freeze it and such. Same with Fire, and the rest.

Mystic idea obviously got the name idea from Showdown35 but I haven't gotten the time to look at the cards. My idea is that Mystic is a form of light magic, like the very beginnings of it.

Shadow is the beginning of Dark magic, etc.

As for Air I am kinda stuck. I think "Poison gas magic!" but it seems stupid. But I have also thought of "Void Magic" being the sci fi geek that I am I love space and everything in it and I think it would be a cool idea that once you learn how to control air you can then control space. So I may go with void magic but I am still debating it. I am still working on the cards. Once I start making my own cards I will show them up here as all I am doing to start is remaking the current cards so I can use them in my new Tarot deck so they all fit together nice and properly. I have thought of selling the original cards but I think I will keep them for both completionist needs and I feel like it would just be better to hold on to them.

The same thing is happening with my Hero Cards:

ImageImage

So that is what is going on at the moment. I will be uploading to my other thread for "The Death of Zargon" a play through that I do tonight or tomorrow morning.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Wolf » August 9th, 2016, 12:36 am

Looking at the Chronoscope Reaper line and OH MY GAWD, my inner Sci Fi nerd is screaming with all the cool badass sci fi minis. Lol gotta focus, gotta focus.

I found a pretty awesome Alexander Hartdegen miniature.

I also found the ULTIMATE Jenkins' machine!:

I have some Ogre Cannons that I am thinking if I get it I want to place it on the arm in place of the sci fi gun to make it look steam punkish.

I will update this tomorrow if I decide to get the epic reaper figure.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 9th, 2016, 1:10 am

For new Spells, it might be interesting for cleptocreativity to look at this great thread

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2898&start=30

Or at slev's home brew.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 9th, 2016, 1:32 am

Anderas wrote:For new Spells, it might be interesting for cleptocreativity to look at this great thread

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2898&start=30

Or at slev's home brew.

Thanks. Definitely something I will look into using.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 9th, 2016, 3:20 pm

Welp I got all the stuff I need coming in the mail and just need to finish the cards which I will be working on here soon.

I am thinking of making Void Spells.

Right now I just have to recreate the Artifact and Chaos Spell Cards.

Once I do that I will show off what I have done.

I ended up getting that epic mech along with 10 IMEF troopers from the Chronoscope Reaper line. I still haven't decided what to do with them but I want them to be a part of my NEXT campaign book. They could be Heroes or Villians I honestly haven't decided yet. At first glance I am thinking of having the Quests on their ship (hologram style) and near the end of the Campaign you figure out that you aren't home and are just being tested. Or it could be just a random side Campaign (as all my campaigns line up in a story) where another group (the IMEF lands on this planet and has to fight their way through hordes of monsters to get back home). That would mean I would have to make them Heroes.

Tell me what you all think.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 10th, 2016, 7:58 am

So I finally got all of the monsters created. I bought the other crawlers/Skidders if I didn't already say that before.

I still have to make the wall and finish off the forge but the monsters are all done and just need to be primed as I just got the super glue in today.

I am currently waiting for both Alexander Hartdegen which I used this model for:

Looks pretty close to me:

I mean other than the hair it's pretty spot on from what I can tell. But beggars can't be choosers.

Gotta Love Guy Pearce, He's honestly one of my favorite actors of all times. Two of my favorite movies with him in it are: The Time Machine, and Lockout:

Anyway I am done with my little side ramblings about one of my favorite actors. Onward to the put together monsters:

The guy in blue is my little conversion of
CHAOS.
I created him by pinning a skull from the Frostgrave Cultists kit onto a Zombicide survivor with a nice suit that I found on eBay.

I am still debating on whether or not I should put a Green Stuff cloak on the Ogre Magnus with the energy ball in his hand.
The GIANT wolves weren't as giant as they seemed to be when I bought them but they will have to do for now.
Aside from that the Crawlers/Skidders are there behind the Vampire Knights and the Wolves. With those there is the Vampire Lord that is next to the werewolves in the first picture.

Then here is a close up of the back group:

And here are my heroes so far. Like I said all I am missing is Alexander who is coming in the mail, and Ash(ley) Williams which is coming from overseas which will probably be a longer weight.

The Zombicide Character that would become
CHAOS came with two versions of him so I decided to use the hunched over version as an NPC for later games in place of any princess, person of interest for a quest, etc.

Anyway that is all the stuff I have completed so far, I will try priming them tomorrow (and by tomorrow I mean later today) and begin with painting them. In the meantime it is 4 minutes from 5am for me so I am going back to sleep as I randomly just woke up and decided to get all this done lol. Guess the creative bug hit me pretty hard in my sleep.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 11th, 2016, 4:25 am

Welp the cards are in, I repeat THE CARDS ARE IN.

The cards I created finally showed up at my house. Half of the stuff is recreated from expansions but a lot is created from my own ideas or others ideas tweaked to my own liking.

First, the obvious Monster Cards deck:

I created I believe 22 more monsters for this game. Aside from those I have created a few more, 2 more that I will be using for this Campaign and then one more for another Campaign I have in mind.

Then we have the Artifacts/Treasures Deck. I was reading the rules to figure out what the Artifacts are really for and as far as I can tell (unless placed in a specific area of a Quest) they are just mixed into the Treasure deck, which to me makes no sense if they have two different backs to them so I just used the Treasure Deck back and changed the text on it.

With one of the Treasure cards I created:

I then have some Chaos Spell cards that have to do with the Walls I am building from Foamboard:

Talking of which here they are so far, the Stone Wall is finished, as is the Ice Wall. The Fire wall I will add Green Stuff to (once I get more in the mail) to make it more 3D, aside from that I have to get more chaotic detailing on the Chaos Wall:

This one being obviously the stone brick wall. Kinda put some "stones" on it using what left of the plasticard I have (which I should probably try and get some more. I got a LOT from an old friend who didn't need it anymore back when I played WH40K but most of it was used or has been thrown out since then.

The Ice wall just needed some Green Stuff filling. As I have said before I like it being uneven and bubbly in places because it seems more real to me like that. Course I may be the only one who thinks so.

Here is the fire wall so far. Like I said I plan to make it look more 3D.

And lastly but not least the "clean" Chaos Wall (and by Clean I mean detail-less):

The top was kind of uneven and agape so I decided to just cover it with some plasticard and Green Stuff. Overall I think it looks pretty good.

Here is Chaos Mutations cards. I will probably just have a table to roll on in the Campaign for these (which was the original plan for my Homebrew expansion of the game, but in the end I wanted to have some cards for myself in case I want to expand upon the mutations):

Then here are my Armory Cards

A closer look at the back:

I am debating on whether or not having Jenkins' become the new MENTOR. The whole Jenkins' thing was an idea I had that there was some mad scientist in the market place for armory, food, etc (for down time in the universe) that sold some crazy half magic half steampunk weaponry. But now thinking about it I am thinking of putting him as the mentor character. Hmmm. Well here are Jenkins' Inventions:

Jenkins' Long Gun:

Jenkins' Throwable Explosive:

Jenkins' New Arm:

Jenkins' Special Arm:

Jenkins' Poison Proof Mask:

Jenkins' Power Skeleton:

& Jenkins' Syringe System:

Then we have the Heroes.

Here are the Time Travelers:

Then we have my remakes of the original cards at more up close shots:

The Wizard and Elf:

& The Dwarf and Barbarian:

And last but not least we have the "Expansion" group:

The Thief and Monk:

& The Knight and Fool:

Then we go onto the Forge. It's finally finished.

Like I said I decided to just surround the original idea with foamboard and make it into something new, originally it was just going to be a fire pit type thing. But then I decided to make it a full fledged forge after looking at some fantasy forge images.

The top was supposed to be circular but after cutting a piece out and supergluing it on top I decided it actually looked pretty good. Then came detailing it. As you can see in the above picture it has a small barrel by the side of it filled with who-knows-what, but on top I decided to place a skeleton head there:

Then there are some left over weapons hung up on the side, either for repair or just left behimd:

By the end the idea of this was that a few Gnoblars and other monsters have found an old forge left behind in caves by either dwarves or humans.

Now I honestly don't know much about Gnoblars other than that they are small version of Orcs from Warhammer fantasy and hang around Ogres quite a bit for the bits of food and shiny bits they leave behind. But I like the idea of the Gnoblars being the ones in the dungeons, underground after all the fights and them just stealing left over stuff or eating the bodies left over from the fighting, etc. So it would make sense that they would be huddling some weapons ontop of this forge and even maybe in areas around it.

And how do they get off of the forge? Obviously in the safest way possible:

By stepping over a bear trap and down a pipe.

Making this has made me think of adding Gnoblars to my group of monsters. What do you peeps think?

Tomorrow I have actual business to attend to so I don't know how much I will be able to do but I will try Priming everything Asap and start getting the painting underway.

After painting them and figuring out everything I have I will then get on to the other Quests of the Campaign. One thing at a time though.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 11th, 2016, 10:02 pm

So I finally got pretty much everything primed. I still need to prime one of the Ogre Magnus' and there is still some miniatures coming in the mail but of everything I have I have it all primed but 1 Ogre and 2 of the walls (the fire wall and the Chaos Wall due to their incompletion). I decided against priming the Bone Golums as they are already white. Now I just need to start painting.

Here they are all lined up before primer:

And here we have the three Undead Berzerkers that haven't been shown in a while.

Then here they are primed up in their beautiful black coating :D

That's all I have for you right now. Will update when I get some more stuff done.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 14th, 2016, 2:32 pm

So I finally got the other Heroes:

Alexander Hartdegen:

Ash(ley) J. Williams:

He came with the Chainsaw hand but I decided it was best to just keep him like this as he only starts with a shotgun in the game.

I also got some more furniture. Some crates, beds, and another barrel:

And finally I was able to get the Slither Hordes done:

I also was able to work on the Mother Rathtar:

He's like 50/50 Green Stuff and Foamboard. I created the base part of the Rathtar with foamboard and covered it up with some Green Stuff to make it look nicer.

Aside from that I decided to try my hand at a Fimir Spellcaster a.k.a. the Fimir Warlock:

So after a little thought I decided that I needed more spellcasters due to only having 3 that aren't vampires (2 Ogre Magnus' and a Chaos Warlock). So I bought a Fimir model on eBay to convert. I took the meatsack and the horn from the Ogre Kingdoms box. I thought it looked pretty cool on him as it gives him a certain look of a spellcaster carrying around bones and parts for spells he wants to cast. I then cut off his axe head and took the flag holding hand from the Ogre Kingdoms box and cut the Ogre hand off of it and used the poll and pinned the top and bottom above and below the "axe" handle. The green stuff was then used to add a bludgeoning look to the staff so that it could be used for more than just one thing. I then gave him some more armor with the Ork pauldron to his right shoulder and then used some of the left over Plasticard as a shield that I cut up. I then drilled some holes into it and glued in pins to represent arrows that the Fimir has blocked with his shield.

To spice it up a bit I decided to place a knife from the Orges box set into the Fimir's hand. Aside from that after some contemplation I decided to cut off his original tail for one with a knife at the end of it (something I have seen on other Fimir Models/Art). I also added a "Fimir Skull" symbol to the shield with some Green Stuff and more Plasticard.

And there you have it, that's how I designed the Warlock.

Then last but not least I finished the fire wall:

I'll post later of more progress. I have found some images for the backs of the extended spell cards but I still need to recreate the Chaos Spell cards later.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » August 14th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Wolf wrote:Aside from all the jumble I am deciding to add more spells (all in 3 sets):

• Air Spells becomes (I haven't decided yet)
  • Earth Spells becomes Metal Spells
  • Fire Spells becomes Lightning Spells
  • Mystic Spells becomes Light Spells
  • Shadow Spells becomes Dark Spells
  • Water Spells becomes Ice Spells

The red are obviously the original decks.

So the whole "becomes" thing is really just for lore and backstory. I like the idea that once you get good enough at Water magic you can freeze it and such. Same with Fire, and the rest.

Mystic idea obviously got the name idea from Showdown35 but I haven't gotten the time to look at the cards. My idea is that Mystic is a form of light magic, like the very beginnings of it.

Shadow is the beginning of Dark magic, etc.

As for Air I am kinda stuck. I think "Poison gas magic!" but it seems stupid. But I have also thought of "Void Magic" being the sci fi geek that I am I love space and everything in it and I think it would be a cool idea that once you learn how to control air you can then control space. So I may go with void magic but I am still debating it. I am still working on the cards. Once I start making my own cards I will show them up here as all I am doing to start is remaking the current cards so I can use them in my new Tarot deck so they all fit together nice and properly. I have thought of selling the original cards but I think I will keep them for both completionist needs and I feel like it would just be better to hold on to them.

I was thinking more about this whole spell progression idea you posted, and had an idea you might like: What if you have to master 2 spell sets to progress to an advanced magic??

Something along the lines of:
- Master Fire and Water, you learn Steam Magic
- Master Fire and Earth, you learn Metal Magic
- Master Fire and Air, you learn Smoke Magic (maybe Gas Magic?)
- Master Water and Earth, you learn Wood Magic?
- Master Water and Air, you learn Ice Magic
- Master Earth and Air, you learn... hmmm couldn't figure out a good one for this...

That would be your elemental magic, then you could have a different type of magic, like Spiritual, or Mystic, which would have a separate set of progressions, including the Shadow to Dark, and Whatever (Bright, Luminesent, etc.) to Light.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild