• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Goblin King's 33rd Birthday Challenge

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Goblin King's 33rd Birthday Challenge

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday July 30th, 2016 10:32am

You are right; 1 orc is missing - every statue has a monster counterpart. Thanks |_P
Also glad to hear the puzzles seems to be somewhat challenging. It's a fine balance between the players needing to stop and think, but don't get stuck.

When you print (from word at least...) there should be an option to actually print as a booklet.
Any suggestions on how to make it a more userfriendly format?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday July 30th, 2016 10:50am

Goblin-King wrote:You are right; 1 orc is missing - every statue has a monster counterpart. Thanks |_P
Also glad to hear the puzzles seems to be somewhat challenging. It's a fine balance between the players needing to stop and think, but don't get stuck.

When you print (from word at least...) there should be an option to actually print as a booklet.
Any suggestions on how to make it a more userfriendly format?

To me personally, a PDF is always user-friendly when nicely formatted, because I use my Laptop as questbook and file reference and what have you.
Also, doc and odt files are great for those who want to work on the files themselves.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jackyboy » Monday August 1st, 2016 9:02am

happy birthday for the other day GK, I love the decorations on the cake |_P

I really like the Questbook, what are novel idea! I've been having trouble getting all the text to show on quest notes and printing it is a son of a bitch! I would recommend getting it how you want it in word, then saving it as a PDF. Having done it with the slightly fudged formatting copy of the questbook I have looks really good as a pdf, so would be really happy for a pdf made from a correctly formatted document.

Thanks again and happy 33rd Birthday! (you are a few months older than me!)
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday August 6th, 2016 2:06am

Thanks Jacky! |_P

Holy hell!

No wonder people are having trouble printing! Goddamn Word thinks it's a good idea to set default paper size to "letter" instead of A4! That explains a lot!
Letter! Pffth! Is that some American thing?

Updated version coming up in a near future along with the actual cards.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jackyboy » Sunday August 7th, 2016 2:04am

ah ha! Thats the problem!!! thats word for you! yes letter is an american format as Europeans dont use...as we use proper paper sizes! ;) haha
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday August 7th, 2016 4:09am

Jackyboy wrote:ah ha! Thats the problem!!! thats word for you! yes letter is an american format as Europeans dont use...as we use proper paper sizes! ;) haha

Yeah, you're known for intuitively logical measurements of everything and its mother.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Sunday August 7th, 2016 8:43am

To follow the idea of having "the Dancer" in a Labyrinth, find here one medium good idea of mine. :D

Hunt the Minotaur!

Preparation:
1. Download this PDF with some Labyrinth tiles
2. Cut them, mix them, place them face down on the table.
3. Add the attack- and defense dice of the strongest hero and divide by two, and note it somewhere. This value is called "random amount".
4. Take the upmost Labyrinth tile. Place it on the Heroquest board as you like.
5. Place your Heroes on the tile as you like.
5. Extend the labyrinth with the printed tiles as far as the line of sight stretches.

Play the game:
1. Move along the tiles as usual.
2. If some part of the Labyrinth is out of the line of sight, remove the according Labyrinth tiles and mix them into the pile.
3. If a new part of the Labyrinth comes into line of sight, build up the labyrinth as far as the line of sight stretches. The Labyrinth ends latest on the last tile that fits on the Heroquest Board, as if there was a solid wall.

For each new line of sight, roll two combat dice.
* If there is a skull and a walrus, place a random amount of Skeletons and one Mummy.
* If there is a white shield and a walrus, place a random amount of Orcs and one Fimir.
* If there are two walruses, place a Minotaur.

Each line of sight might be searched for treasure one time. The Wandering Monster is a Beastman.
Once you won against the Minotaur, the Quest ends immediately.

Edit :
Nay, that needs further refinement, in the graphics as well as in the gameplay. Just tested it with myself.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Saturday June 3rd, 2017 8:55am

I'd love to see this, but only the first page downloaded on my Android. It sounds like a finished series--one that belongs at Quests and Quest Packs.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday June 3rd, 2017 9:12am

Still working on reformatting it... So precious little time... :cry:

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Schmidt » Monday June 5th, 2017 4:00am

You better hurry unless you want to change the "33" logo on the first page ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild