• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

An Idea for Quest Project

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: An Idea for Quest Project

Postby DragonHead » June 4th, 2010, 11:16 am

OH, I see these are different quests leading to the big end of the quest book ,sorry.
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby torilen » June 4th, 2010, 1:28 pm

yes, they would end up going through all of them - they might do it in a different order, which could then
cause something to happen (if they don't go through the right building first - kind of like real life).

I did something similar with the pack I've actually been working on - at one point, the heroes are after six
pieces of something, and there is a chance that the bad guy might get to one of the pieces first - they
choose which one to go after first, and at the beginning of each one, the Evil Wizard rolls a six-sided die
to determine if the bad guy got there first - they won't know it until the end of that section, and find the
piece missing, and will perhaps catch a glimpse of the bad guy running away with that piece.

it works out pretty well.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby DragonHead » June 4th, 2010, 2:11 pm

That's cool, I see so is this a personal questbook that you're working on by yourself. Because I've been trying to do stuff with the adventuerer' Guild, but nothing much is happening, we just have alot of ideas flying around.
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » June 5th, 2010, 12:04 am

It's surprisingly difficult to get community involvement in projects. The Adventurer's Guild is actually the fourth attempt at some sort of club for making Quests. Until you (DragonHead) and torilen arrived, we've never really had anyone out of all those attempts really fain much interest. It's mainly been Phoenix and I trying to get projects together and done in the last couple years. Most of the time we don't even have time to do what we would really like. Right now we're both extremely busy. Nearly all of the projects I've been working on are paused at the moment. At least for the time being, I'm able to chime in with some ideas and join in on some discussions.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » June 5th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Well - its sort of a personal quest pack - but more so, its a follow-up on an idea drathe and Pheonix were talking over, and I kind of ran with it.
They (we) were talking about expanding the world of Heroquest a bit - the original world, not what was put together through Games Workshop
for warhammer.

My idea was to either have a new continent involved, or to expand to the west side of the mountains spoken of in the original game pack and
the expansions. I decided to go with the second idea - expand to the other side of the mountains.

I was going to help out on the Chronicles of Sir Ragnar - but, I just couldn't wrap my creativity around anything that would be useful for it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby DragonHead » June 14th, 2010, 3:12 pm

Can someone please send me the official map because I (without knowing) have added in a whole empire of halfling people and have a big quest book with new heroes, weapons, spells and everything so I may have to make it different.
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

Postby DragonHead » June 14th, 2010, 3:14 pm

drathe, when will you and Pheonix be more available when will you have more free time, may I expand on an idea or continue one or two of your quests? Or is this just your personal vendeta I'm not trying to take over.
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » June 14th, 2010, 3:36 pm

Can't speak for Phoenix, but I'll have bits of spare time here and there throughout June and July to work on the many projects I've become involved in. August looks wide open for the time being, but it's far enough in the future that it will likely change a lot and be more like June and July.

Which Quests are you looking to continue? Are you thinking of a sequel to one of my Quests or Quest Packs? If so, I say go for it. I have no open plans to sequel any Quest projects that are already complete.

As for incomplete projects, the Chronicles of Sir Ragnar is the only incomplete Quest project I'm involved in when it comes to designing actual Quests. If you want to start your own storyline for that, I say go for it for that too. I think having several storyline options from the very beginning would make it more open and free. If we all agree on the World Map idea and plot locations to begin storylines from, adding more to the map would be a simple task. What are your thoughts on that option?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » June 14th, 2010, 4:46 pm

drathe - don't worry about mapping - I got that covered - just started working on it this past weekend - was
going to use a computer mapping program, but I decided I'm going to draw it out instead. It will include all
locations from the game system and all expansions (looks like I'll be using the UK editions, because they
actually involve more storyline) - as well as those expansions posted already - HtBB, RotWQ, etc.

I should have that by the end of the week - I'll send it to you to post, if you would, no copyright to
worry about.

As far as any other locations - I can add others as we go on.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby DragonHead » June 19th, 2010, 1:08 pm

What quests may I continue :?: I've already started on the ragnar quests but have only one quest before the exacution and is a simple idea with not much storyline though it does have two exits. As i said in the adventuerer's guild forum on the community project I can't get the paint documents that I converted my heroscribe documents into to be attached too my message. :?: What do I do? By the way how do you convert heroscribe, is there a program :?: :?: How do you become an innkeeper?
Can someone please send me a link to the official Pheonix map.
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild