• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Advancement - how to do it?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Do you think a Modular System of House Rules would be an advantage for us as HQ players?

Poll ended at Wednesday September 21st, 2011 2:10pm

Yes, I like the concept and would perhaps contribute to it.
54%
It would certainly be an advantege and I would definitely use it myself.
8%
I think it's a good idea, but I'm unsure about the outcome, will wait for the result.
15%
I will pehaps use it sometimes.
No votes
I'm utterly unconcerned.
8%
I don't like the idea, but wait for the result until I judge.
No votes
I don't like the idea and won't use it, but don't mind you to go on with it. To each his own!
8%
I openly oppose the concept. Don't restrict the fantasys of authors!
No votes
Nothing of the above, but generally Yes
8%
Nothing of the above, but generally No
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: The Inn's Modular System for House Rules

Postby lorddax » Sunday March 25th, 2012 7:44pm

You guys still need a wiki page for this? I might have some webspace somewhere if the Inn isnt ready for yet another addition.
Currently looking for victims errr ummm playgroup in NoVA area or commutable distance.

Campaign length: 25+ (still building)
Group progress:In Training
lorddax

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Daedalus » Sunday April 1st, 2012 2:10pm

The project's unproclaimed leader has been tied up with other commitments, so we're in a holding pattern. He's the one with the vision and understanding to see it develop. drathe has been very supportive, so the pending project should find a home here at the Inn upon resumption. Maybe you can find other ways to contribute when things resume. Or just post now, maybe this monster just needs a kickstart! Or maybe, after completing(?) things here a wiki page can be created with your help. Your interest is important, thanks.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » Tuesday October 9th, 2012 3:53pm

Common on guys, what's going on ? Don't tell me the project is dead... :'(

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » Friday December 21st, 2012 10:02am

Okay - here is an idea. I have tried to sort through stuff on all the various threads, and it is
IMPOSSIBLE to do so.

So...if anyone wants to contribute to this project...email me your information and I will put it
together.
Email it to:
zargonheroquest@gmail.com

In the subject, write: Modular System for House Rules

Send me whatever house rules you would like included, starting with what rule they modify.

I will start putting it all together in one, great, big book.

Sound good?
Matthew

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Silverstar » Sunday March 17th, 2013 1:39pm

Alright guys. I'm just gonna do a formula for an idea I had for a Body Point with Base Stat Value system. Let me know what you think.

Taking all the Core Rules on starting Body Points they are as follows:

Barbarian: 8
Dwarf: 7
Elf: 6
Wizard: 4

With this said I've thought up this formula in about 30 minutes for all Heroes (for now.)

Constitution(Con) will be the chosen stat to manipulate X = Body Points as follows:

{x: < or = 8} Con/3 = x
{x: 8 < or = 10} (Con - 24) / 5 = x
{x: 10 < or = 12} (Con - 34) / 6 = x
{x: = 13} (Con - 46) / 8 = x [Dwarf Requirement to reach 13 max Body Points]

Is this understandable enough for the experienced Hero Quest player?

Edit: You'd have to round down to the nearest whole number. That about solves it. lol
Last edited by Silverstar on Sunday March 17th, 2013 2:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstar

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Sunday March 17th, 2013 1:56pm

er.. no. constitution? what?

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Doomguard
Doomguard

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Silverstar » Sunday March 17th, 2013 2:05pm

Well, I noticed in the first page there was talk about gaining experience or leveling/advancement system to beef up characters as they get further through the quests. I thought you'd need like General Stats to manipulate the Core Stats. Movement/Body Points/Attack Dice/Defense Dice.

Edit: After relooking at this my numbers might need some rearranging for proper order of operations solving, I think.
Silverstar

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday March 19th, 2013 6:19pm

Sorry, but I'm not getting it. Maybe an illustrative example or two would help out.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Silverstar » Tuesday March 19th, 2013 6:45pm

Its alright. I'm creating a sheet on Word to post up with a conversion table to bypass the use of a formula, you'll just look at the table instead of having to use the formulas and rulesets. I'll include them at the very back of the "manual" for those that prefer to use the formulas and rule sets. Will post it up when I get it all dolled up. lol
Silverstar

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Tuesday September 10th, 2013 9:15am

I'll put this out again - if anyone would like to contribute to this, I'll be happy to put it
all together into a book.
Email me your material at: zargonheroquest@gmail.com

In the subject, write Inn Modular Rules, and in the text tell me what rule you are changing
or adding to, or if it is simply a completely new rule, and then give me your rule.

Thanks.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion