• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Do the quests take too long?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Do the quests take too long?

Postby torilen » March 4th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Yup...that's pretty much my issue, I suppose. I really don't mind taking a long time to
play - but the few times I've been able to get people to play...I know it was just to have
something to do, and they were doing it because I wanted to really bad.

You're right...I need to find people who are more into it...good luck to me..

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » March 4th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Good luck! Hope it pans out for you.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ryno » March 4th, 2011, 2:54 pm

It's a strange thing, I feel like western society looks down on gamers / hobbyists in general right? Any type of gaming (pen and paper rpg, tabletop, tcg, etc) that is not video gaming is looked upon as if the person(s) doing it are nerds, geeks or even losers. I know loser is a strong term here, but an elitist business person trendy pop ex jock or cheerleader will likely think this. If ever it comes up at work that I play a fantasy adventure board game, have and/or paint miniatures, I get that, "Oh...okay..." response (I think most of us know what that's like). Somehow this is just part of our culture at least that's what I know for my area to be true. I feel like this kind of gaming/hobby is more acceptable outside of the states, would you guys say that is true?
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » March 4th, 2011, 6:21 pm

I don't know about out of the states...but yes...in this country, gaming is typically looked down upon,
and gamers are called nerds and geeks and such terms. In fact...my wife completely hates gaming...
sees it as a total waste of time...too bad she doesn't see that it makes me very happy. It gets rid
of all the pent up constructive energies I have (of which I have tons...so it takes a lot of work to get
rid of it).

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ken » March 5th, 2011, 3:14 am

Lets face it, Life is full of predudices, people hate bikers, world-wide, I rode bikes most of my adult life, and enjoyed every minute of it, rain or shine. I guess we will have to live with it, and feel comforted through this site. :2cents: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ryno » March 5th, 2011, 5:40 am

Weird, I've never heard of people hating bikers. I've heard of people being scared of bike gangs.
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » March 5th, 2011, 5:52 am

Ryno wrote:Weird, I've never heard of people hating bikers. I've heard of people being scared of bike gangs.

Motorists here in UK hate bikers, especially those who filter through traffic at Traffic Lights, to take up commanding position for a fast departure. Just one example of many, and yes, I did it myself :!: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » March 5th, 2011, 11:42 pm

Illegal over here. Bikers all have to obey the normal rules for a car. Even have to cough up for taking up a FULL parking meter space instead of taking 36" at the end of the street parking sideways instead of front to back. (Otherwise they will get a ticket for sure and possibly towed!) Idiot government.

Ya, the rescue of Sir Fagnar, where I was the DM tonight, took a few hours indeed. My chick was getting exasperated with us by the end of it. She had even called it "Nerd Quest" when we had started. She thinx it's "nerdy" because of "growing up in [her] time, with what nerdy was called". Sez she teases us, but she doesn't really mind, since we like it, and that's 'perfectly fine'. Even though it isn't her style at all. But then she doesn't like board games at all.
Sez it gets me out of her hair every Saturday.

Worx for me....
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » March 6th, 2011, 5:59 am

el_flesh wrote:Ya, the rescue of Sir Fagnar, where I was the DM tonight, took a few hours indeed. My chick was getting exasperated with us by the end of it. She had even called it "Nerd Quest" when we had started. She thinx it's "nerdy" because of "growing up in [her] time, with what nerdy was called". Sez she teases us, but she doesn't really mind, since we like it, and that's 'perfectly fine'. Even though it isn't her style at all. But then she doesn't like board games at all.
Sez it gets me out of her hair every Saturday.

Worx for me....
so what will you do with him now? Assuming they got him out in one piece. I am still working on a series for him, cannot say too much, as my other players are now looking in !!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » March 6th, 2011, 9:28 am

We will let him go to shop at Shaw's. With someone else.
Last edited by el_flesh on May 23rd, 2011, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion