• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Skeletor, Chaos Warlock of Khorne

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Skeletor, Chaos Warlock of Khorne

Postby BroccoliRage » February 26th, 2023, 2:40 am

I'm a huge MOTU fan, and recently I caught the Warhammer bug.

So all of my explicitly Chaos figures have have been being painted in the colors of the Blood God. As I was finishing the Warlock, I had a fantastic idea.

The mashup I never knew I wanted.

Behold, fellow HQ devotees:

I only started painting back in October but I wish I hadn't waited til I was 40. Am I amazing? No. But am I stoked on what I can do and I dig seeing my own progress?

Hell yes. I think this is my best piece yet. Skeletor as Chaos mage. I love it.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Skeletor, Chaos Warlock of Khorne

Postby benvoliothefirst » February 27th, 2023, 4:47 pm

Seriously though, any progress on painting is to be celebrated! The print quality doesn't seem the highest. You might find you enjoy painting even more if you get higher-quality minis with more details to paint around.
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby BroccoliRage » February 27th, 2023, 5:09 pm

I didn't print it. It's from the re-release. I think it's injection molded.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby BroccoliRage » March 4th, 2023, 11:56 am

url=https://postimg.cc/hQbkjgCD]Image[/url]

had a buddy print a few of the original HeroQuest Chaos Warrior sculpts, resized to be comparable to the modern size in the rerelease. The guy in the back with the warp stone sword is from a Pathfinder or D&D 5e line by WizKids, I don't remember which. I already talked about Skeletor, and the guy with the mace is also from the re-release. The guy with the sword is a Chaos Legionnaire Decuriarch from a box of 8 Warhammer AoS Warcry minis called Chaos Legionnaires.

This is a preview of what my Chaos Warrior lineup will look like. I'm reviewing a model based on the old Gargoyle from Pablo on Etsy, my buddy is printing me a duplicate of the old Gargoyle sculpt and the original Warlock sized up to match up with the newer minis. I have both a Warrior and Dominion Age of Sigmar box and the Hall if The Orc King and Swamp of The Goblin chieftain sets from Epic Encounters so when I'm done with all this, I'm moving on to the orcs. After I weed out the female models because orcs are fungus people and don't have girls in their Wagh.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion