• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
7%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1101

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby lorddax » Friday March 30th, 2012 4:22pm

Always a little sad when I hear about someone's significant others laying down the law and causing a purge, but on the upside it has a tendency to work out well for me and my wife! :P Cleaned out our storage shed and found my copy of HQ and KK. In the process of building the other sets from random game pieces, thankfully many things have launched and failed since HQ originally released and left stores with lots of fiddly bits collecting dust that can be repurposed!
Currently looking for victims errr ummm playgroup in NoVA area or commutable distance.

Campaign length: 25+ (still building)
Group progress:In Training
lorddax

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby bigbuk79 » Monday June 25th, 2012 12:40pm

I purchased the basic Heroquest game back in in the early 90s for £1, all the bits were there with slight damage to the candlesticks on the Sorcerer's Table and the hidden plastic strut of the throne was missing I used and still have a cocktail stick replacing it. I'd wanted the game for years after seeing the advert... my mate was extremely jealous!!

I picked up all of the expansions, including The Adventure Design Kit complete and unused which isn't on the voting by the way, about 10 years ago which was great timing looking at the prices now. Although I do remember my annoyance at being charged 17.5% tax on the purchase of Frozen Horror as it was shipped from the US.

I'm just missing a box for Wizards of Morcar and Mage of the Mirror, although I do have all the pieces for MotM these are where free re casts and need a lot of filing down.

So if anyone has any images of the WoM and/or MotM they would be much appreciated :barbarian:
Last edited by bigbuk79 on Monday June 25th, 2012 4:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossbows anyone?
bigbuk79

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Monday June 25th, 2012 2:39pm

bigbuk79 wrote:The Adventure Design Kit complete and unused which isn't on the voting by the way

Yeah, when I made the poll, I was only really interested in the expansions with miniatures and quests. After the poll started receiving votes, I couldn't add it without resetting all the votes to zero.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby grimcrazy » Sunday July 15th, 2012 1:07pm

i remember in the 90s shop near where i lived was selling Heroquest with the Dark Quest expansion for only £5 - a whole stack of them... all reduced and nobody was interested
grimcrazy

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Sunday July 15th, 2012 4:20pm

grimcrazy wrote:i remember in the 90s shop near where i lived was selling Heroquest with the Dark Quest expansion for only £5 - a whole stack of them... all reduced and nobody was interested

so obviously you bought them all and are now selling em for 40,- each right?

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Wolfheart39 » Tuesday August 28th, 2012 5:01pm

I have the original game(x2), the one with the Dark Company, Kellar's Keep(x2), Return of the Witch-king, Adventure design expansion and the Wizards of Morcar.
Wolfheart39

Postby MFullman78 » Tuesday August 28th, 2012 8:49pm

Have main system and Frozen Horror. My little brother has Kellar's Keep and I'm aloud to have it whenever I need it. Was checking out prices for the Elf quest and it was going for $500.00 US. Crazy thanks for the chance to download it.
MFullman78

Hero:

Postby Blackthorn » Monday November 19th, 2012 12:32am

Back when it was new I bought the Game System and later scored Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord for $5.00 each in the Toys-R-Us close out bin. I left these behind when I got divorced, but have since replaced them thanks to eBay.

I recently got a full set of the met-at-arms miniatures which I plan to use as NPC's, alternative heroes or mercenaries for some of the harder quests.

I'd love to get the other two North American Quest Packs, but with the current prices that is very unlikely to happen.
Last edited by Blackthorn on Wednesday November 28th, 2012 4:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » Monday November 19th, 2012 11:36am

I own:

-Heroquest (dutch)

Bought it in the spring of 1991

-Heroquest ( UK)

Got it off eBay

-Kellars Kerkers (the dutch version of Kellars Keep)

-Terugkeer van de Heksenmeester (the dutch version of Return of the WitchLord)

-Magiers van Morcar (the dutch version of Wizards of Morcar)

Bought it when it was released in 1992 (or 1993?)

-Gegen die Ogre Horde (the german version of Against the Ogre Horde)

This set was never sold in the Netherlands, so I had to eBay it.

-Advanced Heroquest

Bought it in the fall of 1991

PS: I never bought the Design set as I made my own quests with some photo/draw program on the Commodore Amiga back then.
Author of the books Star Wars Interviews Volume I and II.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com; an archive of the 180+ interviews I did with cast & crew
Editor of StarWarsAwakens.nl; the Dutch Star Wars community
Editor of TheMandalorian.net; the worlds largest community of The Mandalorian TV series

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Blackthorn » Wednesday November 28th, 2012 4:17pm

I'm very excited becasue I just purchased a lot of HeroQuest games that includes both the Barbarain & Elf Quest Packs! There's also a complete Game System that I want to give to my daughter. I paid a lot less than the going eBay prices for this stuff and if I decide to sell the items I don't need it will equal an even better deal.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion