• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
6%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1431

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby Daedalus » November 7th, 2021, 2:55 am

Cael Darkhollow wrote:I don't suppose we can add the Hasbroquest components to this poll can we? They are different from the originals so should not be crammed together on the checklist.. . .

As I recall from my own polls, new selections to polls can't be edited in without losing the previous votes. Another checklist would make sense. If you start one, I'd recommend adding a number of extra placeholder options for future releases.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Shadzar » November 7th, 2021, 3:00 am

well the odds are only Mythic backers will ever own the current quests expansions, and at that time a new thread of poll might be needed entirely or not at all if they make many mor than the original game.

This thread might become a good candidate for Legacy HeroQuest version threads....

just a new section on the forum for the new one as things are bound to change, or maybe not if/when a full retail comes out.

otherwise it CAN be done by manually manipulating the table to include other options by a webmaster that has access to the SQL tables directly, and the proper knowledge to do so.... I doubt iKarith is interested in that tedium though...
Shadzar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Postby Gatch » November 11th, 2021, 3:26 am

I only own the Mythic tier stuff, but my brother owns a vintage board. We both live in America, but he got a UK copy because it was the cheapest he could find on eBay. He first played HeroQuest with a group, and he had a blast, even if they didn't have any real character sheets; they had to rely on random pieces of paper to fill the spot the character sheets would have. He still has his old makeshift character sheet of his old dwarf from all those years back.

He was confused as to why Zargon was Morcar in his copy until he learned that he got a UK copy. He was still happy to have the game at all at that point, since it was out of print back then, so he decided to simply enjoy the game that way. And he was still able to make new memories with that UK board, so overall, it was a worthwhile purchase as far as he was concerned.

His copy of the vintage game has The Maze, a fact he didn't realize was significant until years later. He knew even a year ago the new remake would likely include The Trial, so he gave me a photocopy of The Maze one so I could use it in my own HeroQuest games if I so chose to. I'll be forever grateful for that; it is a part of HeroQuest history, good or ill, so I don't think preserving it is a bad idea.
Gatch

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 12th, 2021, 12:35 am

I have one complete copy of the 1990 game (NA), and a friend of mine has a second copy that he wants to send me (doesn't use it) so someday I may have two Game Systems. I also have the US editions of KK & ROTWL (two missing little cards, the Fire Ring and Pass Through Rock if memory serves).

I have the three Dave Morris novels (two copies of one because the cover arrived coated in paint splatters, no joke!) even though many don't consider those "canon."

I have a few pieces from the other expansions (2 EQP Ogres, six red men-at-arms not sure whether they were from Advanced Quest or Wizards of Morcar) and a couple of EU miniatures (Mummies and Zombies).

Most recently I got the 2021 Mythic Tier remake, the only non-used piece I've got! I'm satisfied with my collection, although it might be kinda cool to get the classic female Barbarian, I would feel a little bad depriving somebody of the ability to complete their set, in theory.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby therealshrek » December 1st, 2021, 10:15 pm

A nice Poll, but if I had done it, I would have included Advanced Heroquest and its expansion Terror in the Dark.
Reason: Because it has the conversion for the Heroes and Monsters of HeroQuest, and thus everything else can be
converted back to basic Heroquest. It also has Solo rules, the Random Dungeon generator, and The Shattered Amulet Quest
which easily translates, it even has specific rules for random dungeon generation using the standard Heroquest Board.
. For all the fanatics looking for ways to add more and more Monsters it is a first choice.
therealshrek

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby The1Lion » December 6th, 2021, 1:53 am

I have all those listed. Loved HQ when it came out and bought the overseas stuff (I live in NA) on eBay before pricing went through the roof. If I recall, someone had the Advanced Quest here in NA as I think I only bought one and at most two from overseas. Use to have the Advanced HeroQuest as well, but sold that as we didn't play that as much.

I agree a new separate poll could be started, be sure to make it clear it's the Hasbro/Avalon Hill version though as they also have the retail version being released with similar quest packs (the NA packs at least)
The1Lion

Postby banjo_oz » December 10th, 2021, 10:52 am

EU: Base Set, Kellar's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord and Against the Ogre Horde -> my childhood copies (base set a bit banged up but playable, everything else great condition still).

US: Base Set only (near mint, bought off eBay about fifteen years ago and hardly played).

Somehow I missed out on Wizards of Morcar (not sure I ever saw it here in Australia) and the Quest Design kit, and never seen the US-only Elf/Barbarian packs in person in my life... only crazy eBay price auctions!

Also have multiple Space Crusade and Mission Dreadnought sets, but of course no Eldar Attack at all! :(

PS I now have x2 Mythic Pledge of the new HQ rerelease and all that entails, plus x2 Guardian Knights preordered for release next February (hopefully!).
banjo_oz

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby AngusMacBaine » May 18th, 2022, 9:30 pm

I have my OG set from Christmas '92, Kellar's Keep, Return of the Witchlord and Frozen Horror. I have 3d prints for the Mage in the Mirror and Against the Ogre Horde and need to order Wizards of Morcar. I have multiple copies (3 complete and 2 with missing components) of the original set that I acquired at various times. I also have the Mythic tier, Heroic tier, 2021 KK and RotWL, and 2 copies of Commander of the Guardian Knights. I plan on selling the extra copies at some point once I get it all inventoried. When I purchased the FH pack White Dwarf #145 was included (it has HQ, AHQ and Space Crusade quests in it!).
AngusMacBaine

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby BroccoliRage » January 30th, 2023, 8:01 am

I only owned the base system as a kid.

With the re-release, Ive bought the 3 boxed expansions. I also bought the Rogue Heir, but I honestly don't feel the purchase was worth it on that count. Still, I fully intend on playing through the expansions, and buying Mage of The Mirror and Dread Moon.

What I really hope is that we get all the UK expansions, too. If not, I'll be creating them for myself.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » January 30th, 2023, 4:12 pm

I now own all the content of the remake sets (Remake Mythic tier, MOTM, FH, Guardian knights 3x, Rogue)... two copies of the NA Game System (one to sell or gift), EU 1st edition (plus Wizard of Morcar and Against the Ogre Horde sans boxes) and the aforementioned loose Ogres and mercenaries (and some extra classic EU and NA duped figures). I also have the 1991 DOS game (1995 CD-ROM edition, in jewel case).

Not HQ, but I've acquired the first master edition of HeroScape (with walmart exclusive figures), the NA edition of Battlemasters (plus a set of EU dice), and Space Crusade (UK edition, plus Eldar Attack expansion sans box).

We can't all be Amalgamash, but I found some good deals on those... ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext