• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
6%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1432

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby Jalapenotrellis » February 27th, 2020, 8:39 pm

If heroes are using mercenaries by the time comes to Dark Company, I assume there wouldn't be enough miniatures for the 12/13 needed?
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby wallydubbs » February 27th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Jalapenotrellis wrote:If heroes are using mercenaries by the time comes to Dark Company, I assume there wouldn't be enough miniatures for the 12/13 needed?

This Advanced Quest was made before Mercenaries were thought up, so I don't think they're allowed to use them in this quest. I don't think they're allowed in Mage of the Mirror either.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » February 27th, 2020, 10:35 pm

But the figurine looks exactly the same? So you can just use the mercenaries in the other expansions as the figures needed?
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » February 27th, 2020, 11:10 pm

Jalapenotrellis wrote:But the figurine looks exactly the same? So you can just use the mercenaries in the other expansions as the figures needed?

Yes, they are of the same mold with the same detachable weapons, only they're red in color.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Jalapenotrellis » February 27th, 2020, 11:19 pm

Oh nice! I can relax then.

If you're not supposed to use the mercenaries on the heroes'
side in this quest, are you supposed to use any of the elf spells,
or where does this expansion fall if doing them in order? I would think it would fall at the end but then if you can't use mercenaries ...

My group is finishing quest 10 of Kellar's Keep on Sunday. Looking forward to better expansions :)
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » February 27th, 2020, 11:58 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this quest came out in Europe before Wizards of Morcar and Against the Ogre Horde.

Although the story doesn't quite suggest which order it should be played in most questers play this as the last of the Official quests due to its length and difficulty.

The Barbarian and Elf quest packs were ONLY released in the US, so the Elf spells weren't really considered when this quest was put together. If you really want to get technical it doesn't even seem like the Elf spells were considered when the Elf quest pack was put together. But just because those spells weren't considered doesn't mean they're not allowed. By that logic the Wizards of Morcar spells were never considered to be played on the the Elf and Barbarian quest packs either, but that doesn't mean they're not allowed to cross over.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Jalapenotrellis » February 28th, 2020, 12:19 am

I guess I'll say "flashback" or something after we get done with the barb one...
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby elvyler » May 6th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Unfortunately, I don't own any HeroQuest anymore.

I gave it all away years ago when I went away for college, I couldn't take it with me. I really hope that the neighbour's kid that I gave it to enjoyed it as much as I did when I was a kid. If he did, then it doesn't feel as bad that I gave it away.

I've recently found myself really missing HeroQuest, and I'd like to introduce it to my kids. Now that I have some spare time on my hands, I'm planning on crafting a set of modular board tiles. Thanks to the resources on here, I have access to all the cards and resources I need. I'll see if I can post some pictures of my progress so that I can get some feedback on it.
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby Mortanius » May 15th, 2020, 3:46 pm

When my collection was at its peak, I had 2 complete core sets, Keller's Keep, Return of the Witchlord, all of the cards and figures from a 3rd core set, a shoebox full of the old Monster in my Pocket figures for use as extra creatures, another shoebox full of index cards and hero sized cutouts with custom heroes/spells/items, and 2 3inch three ring binders full of added stuff.

I found out after graduating high school and enlisting in the United States Marines that my younger siblings still played using my collection and lost all of it when a friend of theirs moved away.

I planned to rebuild my collection to play with my family. I saw a used core set on Ebay for a bit over $700 US.
Thanks to finding this site and this awesome group of folks, I will be using my inkjet printer and thanks to Thingiverse.com, I will be putting my 3d printer to work. With both printers working overtime, I will be able to rebuild my collection and hopefully help my kids make some epic memories.
Mortanius

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby lestodante » May 16th, 2020, 7:47 am

elvyler wrote:I really hope that the neighbour's kid that I gave it to enjoyed it as much as I did when I was a kid. If he did, then it doesn't feel as bad that I gave it away.

I'll go a bit off topic now, but I can't forget when I was a teenager and gave away my Voltron (GoLion) as a gift to my best friend's brothers, as I was grown and was not playing with it anymore. I had it in my bedroom for years, in perfect shape including the box and all the accessories.
After a couple of days I went to visit them again and realized they've thrown away the box already and the robot was split in separate baskets with the lions put in different baskets mixed with other toys and some lions had broken parts too. :o :o
They don't even know where some of the accessories were. I just wanted to take it back at home but it was too late. :cry:

Anyway, just to come back in topic... I actually own all the expansions. I have the Italian pieces, plus the US versions and some other in english.
The first time I got the US expansion I bought a lot on ebay including Game System plus Barbarian and Elf Quest Packs. I payd the whole lot 350 usd at that time and it was full complete and in great shape, except the Prospector tile was missing. It was around 2005/2006 I guess.
Then I really didn't like the miniatures from the Elf Quest Pack (and still now I don't) so I sold it for 200 euros to a friend. After years I realized I what I've done and decided to buy it again. At that time the prices were around 300 euros for this expansions. SO I payd my mistake 100 euros.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion